RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

oh the joy of air boats lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:37 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh the joy of air boats lol

Hi Guys

okay howdo i start well last year got a new engine for my hull a sc 61 a bit powerful so nearly ripped the engine mount off the boat got some thin iron bent it around the hull so my en gone mount not move

today was its 1st run sonce i had done thistook it to a huge pond near me

I had just finished putting a 21 engine into another boat tried that but the servo became loose so boat went nuts full power broke the universal coupling so thought just try my air boat
it did not like the extra weight at the back could not control it went haywire i will put a film on you tube put the link on later

so the boat was sitting about 20 feet from the shore water very deep so got a small electric boat try get it in managed to get it hooked onto the air boat the wee boat didn't like the air boat somehow it took on water lots of water stopped working great got fishing rod got it in the the wind caught my air boat pushed it about 60 foot from the shore thank god a guy was passing in a boat he picked it up gave me it back

so now got to get the metal off the air boat too heavy got it bonded on on tons of glue and its got about 4 coats of paint on it great fun
but the sc 61 is that powerful it is ripping the hull apart going to try nice had wood get rid of the iron hopefully get my boat going fantastic again test it in the duck pond as i have got waders lol ahhh

spend hours getting them ready then spend hours trying to get them back in before the boat came starting thinking looks like i got to swim not a good idea in scotland in the middle of winter lol

I got stick the films on you tube now give you all a laugh waiting on the film being approved

here its is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce7sqtq0euo

update just broke three screw drivers trying to get the iron off need to drill out the screws hopefully get it off without any damage to the hull should have thought about the weight of the iron silly me but i now know lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11814.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	856094