24" Cajun Gator plans .40 build

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

24" Cajun Gator plans .40 build

Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24" Cajun Gator plans .40 build

A while ago I cut out all the pieces up north except for the sides, you can see all of this in the first picture. In the second picture you can see where I started with thin C.A. glue and switched to thick. The engine is a Magnum GP .40, I'll be using a Futaba 2PH controller. I pretty much have the rest of the build figured out. Rite now I'm starting to glue the bottom to it(strips). Hopefully making this thread will keep my progress going, I have stretched out the time so much already(6 months + [&:]).

Well, here it is... It's going to be a little different than the original plans but not by much...

Old 01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
D Bronk

Default RE: 24" Cajun Gator plans .40 build

Good to see a fresh thread..It gets Pretty Quiet (dead) in this forum sometimes..I`ll be watching...
Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 AM
nick34
My Feedback: (5)

yea keep it up koolaid it is nice to see a new thread hopefully i will have some new pics on my foamie coming soon..
Old 02-01-2008, 03:59 PM
mrfixitwhite

well i can say without doubt you'll enjoy it coz i got the exact same boat AND engine!
i would guess yours will run faster as i ended up glassing the whole bottom as well-which i did with 1/8 ply!
made it bullet proof nearly but have used that strength when i've hit a few concrete walls! lol[&:]
after running it in a small pond you really get the feel for the drift in the corners but i might add a water rudder just for course ability
i've ran mine aganst a vee hull nitro and in the corners he won hands down ... but in the straights i owned him!
with the extra weight i have i can honestly say i have never flipped it but dont expect much in the way of brakes lol[&:][&:]
i'll wait for the vids
keep going -you'll love it
Graham