Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS Max FP 20 Vintage??? What electric replacement?

Hi everyone my first post...

Anyway I just pulled out my airboat that I built when I was 17, 20 years ago. All plywood construction no idea the name, it's been sitting in my basement for 10 years. The motor seems to be shot, old fuel and what looks like rust in the crank area. Looking around on eBay they say it's a VINTAGE motor. What gives? When did this become a vintage engine?
    I just placed a bid for on eBay for this engine, but was thinking about converting to electric. I remember it being a little top heavy when full of fuel. With the new electric engines and lipo's this seems like a nice alternative. Since I have been totally out of the R/C world for 10 years I have no idea where to start and need some help.

Found the boat!!
    Dumas Swamp Buggy Kit 28"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS Max FP 20 Vintage??? What electric replacement?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS Max FP 20 Vintage??? What electric replacement?

Try this motor from hobby-lobby. Right now there on sale and you cant beat that price and there great motors. The motor that kzimmerman mentioned requires an 11x8 prop which is wider then your boat.

http://hobby-lobby.com/atlas2915.htm