Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

AquaCraft Alligator RTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
AirBoatTravis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

I dont understand how yall are flipping the boat so easily??? I had it for a week now and the only time i rolled it was down a hill into the pond. Pushes great on flat ground. Are yall driving this boat just like any other boat?? Well I guess the appropriate question would be, have you ever driven an actualy airboat. : )
Old 10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Grimracer

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

Grim we are having a [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7517200/tm.htm]Race/Meet[/link] down here this month on the 25th and 26th, it would be nice to see you guys here, maybe bring a couple of these little boats and race with us. Dennis already has one and I just order one. I'm looking for a driver for this boat if anyone is interested. If we can get a few more of the AT airboats, I'll set up a class just for them.

Gator,

Alomost missed this post.. Thanks for the cool invite... SWEET...

The same weekend is a local pattern contest that im flying in.. Sorry I can not make it.

However in the future if you club wants to get some support from Aqua make a simple proposal and send it in.. ya just never know.

ROCK ON

Grim
Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Grimracer

O yea.. Gator.. would you happen to have a few (2) rings for a SuperTiger 61.. I need two rings for a set of motors im rebuilding.

We are plum out.........

Grim
Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AirBoatTravis

I dont understand how yall are flipping the boat so easily??? I had it for a week now and the only time i rolled it was down a hill into the pond. Pushes great on flat ground. Are yall driving this boat just like any other boat?? Well I guess the appropriate question would be, have you ever driven an actualy airboat. : )
I have not driven this boat just yet, thats why I order one for myself, so that I can see first hand just what needs to be done if anything.
Travis it sounds like you got the hang of this boat, we're having a race/meet this month and hoping to have enough of these to make a class, your not all that for away, come on over and race with us.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Grimracer

O yea.. Gator.. would you happen to have a few (2) rings for a SuperTiger 61.. I need two rings for a set of motors im rebuilding.

We are plum out.........

Grim
Sorry Grim I don't have any.
In the future we will contact you all a little sooner for the race events that the MABA host.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
hpiguy

The motor mount parts are the same but the angle that the mounts are set were not set using any info from the airforce..

Hum.. the fact that the parts are the same is one heck of a "by chance"... lol.. what the................. HPI... you are a funny man.....

Grim
How am I a "funny guy" ? You said you didn't knowingly use any Airforce parts, you said if it happened it was "by chance". Your words, not mine.

Cajun proved they were the exact same part. Yet somehow you used the same part and had no idea where it came from? There is no way you couldn't have known that.

There's nothing wrong with reusing parts, but making claims that stuff happened "by chance" when there was no way possible that happened doesn't sit well with me. So you reusded some airforce parts, big deal, why not just say it?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Grimracer

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

We are plum out.........

Grim
Sorry Grim I don't have any.
In the future we will contact you all a little sooner for the race events that the MABA host.
OK man...thanks for looking for the rings.. ... just send your schedule after the first of the year if and we will try to do something.

ROCK ON

Grim

Old 10-03-2008, 04:20 PM
AirBoatTravis

Im in Panama City so it's alittle bit of a drive for me. I'm actually geting ready to drop alot of money in extras on this boat. I can do the metal work and I've got a place to airbrush but I need help with LED's ( running lights, Bow lights, and a light bar for the top) . Do you know anyone I can get with on this? I dont wana add a ton on weight in 9V's so I think I can wire it up through the upgraded Battery pack. Does this sound possable?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
AirBoatTravis

I've seen this leaking also, What did you do to stop that ??
Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Brandon4164
My Feedback: (1)

I am just wondering if there is a stronger engine that i could buy for this boat. If any one knows please pm me it would be the easier for me but it would be easier for you to post it here but anything will be fine.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Grimracer

Truth is I have NO IDEA if its the same as the old airforce.. If it is its by chance, that boat was WAY before my time and I have not pulled any info off of it.

Grim
HPI.. this post was NOT IN RESPONCE TO YOUR POST.. What i was referring to was the thrust angle comments from before.. Is the 6deg of the GT the same as the AF.. NO CLUE!

But in all honesty I can see where you might get this misunderstanding.. I should have quoted.

Grim

Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
AirBoatTravis

Y do you want a bigger engine???? what are you doing to need one?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Im in Panama City so it's alittle bit of a drive for me. I'm actually geting ready to drop alot of money in extras on this (damn) boat. I can do the metal work and I've got a place to airbrush but I need help with LED's ( running lights, Bow lights, and a light bar for the top) . Do you know anyone I can get with on this? I dont wana add a ton on weight in 9V's so I think I can wire it up through the upgraded Battery pack. Does this sound possable?
Not trying to be rude here but I think the reason why people haven't replied to your two posts is because they're off topic in this thread. Start your own thread and you'll get help. Is it an airboat anyways? If it is, post here, if it's not, post in general boats or wherever it belongs.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
AirBoatTravis

I've just started with this RC universie deal, I find it kind hard to find the ares i need to go to or how to start my own area. I've asked this question in several different chat areas hoping to catch someone's eye.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

I've just started with this RC universie deal, I find it kind hard to find the ares i need to go to or how to start my own area. I've asked this question in several different chat areas hoping to catch someone's eye.
RC Universe is quite easy to navigate around.
If it's an electric boat, go to electric boats, if it's nitro, go there, if it's gas, go into the gas forum, and start a new thread pertaining your issue. Then I'll post whatever I can do to help. But not in here.

How to start a new thread
Old 10-04-2008, 10:46 PM
AirBoatTravis

Score, you to Everyone else, I finally flipped my boat. It took some work but I got it there!! [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
DJLaPalme

Travis, I am not sure I have it fixed. I tightened the head bolts as tight as I could and it still leaked. I followed Mr. Cajun Gators advice and sanded the top of the sleave, but I may have missed a burr or two. I will run it more tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Dennis
Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 PM
AirBoatTravis

should'nt the thing come 100% sealed from the shop??? for 270 dollars i didnt think i would have a problem like that.

***Mod edit***
Old 10-05-2008, 12:01 AM
crispyspa

should'nt the thing come 100% sealed from the shop??? for 270 dollars i didnt think i would have a problem like that.

***Mod edit***

LOL...you must have had some colorful expletives typed there! Next time use symbols. Example: @!$&, or &$%%!!. They cant edit that!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 AM
AirBoatTravis

The boat has a super tiger .34 on it, I know someone who might be willing to part with a .40, Do you think it's worth it?? how much more power is that?
Old 10-05-2008, 12:42 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Can't we keep this thread on topic?
AirBoatTravis if you don't have something to say about the alligator then, again, please take it elsewhere.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:44 AM
AirBoatTravis

Did you read the bottom of my last post or just the top ??? [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Did you read the bottom of my last post or just the top ??? [sm=75_75.gif]
Yes, I read the whole thing thoroughly. You never mentioning that you have a Aquacraft Gator from the beginning threw me off. Also I typed that in before reading your most recent post, after I posted it your post was there. It's 2 AM here I got to get to bed... no point in me reading over our posts any more trying to explain where my "mistake" came from.

If it's on topic, as it sounds, then post away. Sorry for my confusion.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:12 AM
AirBoatTravis

Yes I have one, I still can't understand how yall are flipping them so easily [sm=50_50.gif], I pushed my to the limit today and got it to flip. Also I think some yankees designed the boat, there are some small things i'd of added and not done to it. Over all good job for the most part. Is the super tiger.40 worth the upgrade or is that an airplane guy question. I am enclosing the cage all the way, Building a grass rake for the front and coating the bottom with slickbottom. I will be a little bit heavy'er and I think a slightly bigger engine mounted correctly ( not angled) will allow it to push easer on dryground and give it the umph to get on plane when comming out of corners. Im also looking into a 4 prop blade with just alittle more twist to get the bite I need for max performance. It's a work in progress outa the box. I'll post the pictures after they airbrush it.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Lots of post edits and deletions needed to keep this thread on topic and clean things up. Please keep the discussions topic related.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.