RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

AquaCraft Alligator RTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
AirBoatTravis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

This will be my last and final post,
I figured this would be a mature place to come ask questions about my boat,[sm=thumbs_down.gif] but apparently I have to jump through several different areas to get an answer. This is suposto be an area to talk about the alligator Airboat, ( which I do own) . I have been " on topic"[sm=thumbs_up.gif] with pretty much every question or answer that pertains to the alligator airboat and what I'd like to do with it. This is a goat rope in here. The only question I've seen answered is the one pertaining to the leaking engine. I'm sorry if the "monitor"[sm=75_75.gif] doesn't think that what I have to say is "worthy" of were they think the conversation should go, but maby someone else might have the same problem or idea and we could work together to figure said problem out. Seeing how as were both in here because we have the same boat[sm=idea.gif]??? I didn't spend several years eating sand in a country most of yall will never go to, to have some low selfasteamed civilian tell me what he thinks I can and can't talk about[sm=punching.gif]. This site is a great idea but the BIG HEADED ones need to keep it on subject, ANYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO THE ALLIGATOR AIRBOAT!
I'll go talk to my local RC'rs who will help instead of criticize.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
hpiguy

I'm not sure why you were yelled at by that koolaid guy either.

Your posts were about this airboat and that koolaid guy jumped all over for you for no reason and was VERY insulting. He owes you an apology and he's the one themods need to jump on for insulting and chastising you for no reason, not you.

As for not being able to complain about an Aquacraft boat issue, well, that's this site. They pay a lot for adverstising and therefore you can't complain about their products if they have an issue. You are just supposed to be happy that a near $300 boat has issues right away.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

ORIGINAL: AirBoatTravis

This will be my last and final post,
I figured this would be a mature place to come ask questions about my boat,[sm=thumbs_down.gif] but apparently I have to jump through several different areas to get an answer. This is suposto be an area to talk about the alligator Airboat, ( which I do own) . I have been " on topic"[sm=thumbs_up.gif] with pretty much every question or answer that pertains to the alligator airboat and what I'd like to do with it. This is a goat rope in here. The only question I've seen answered is the one pertaining to the leaking engine. I'm sorry if the "monitor"[sm=75_75.gif] doesn't think that what I have to say is "worthy" of were they think the conversation should go, but maby someone else might have the same problem or idea and we could work together to figure said problem out. Seeing how as were both in here because we have the same boat[sm=idea.gif]??? I didn't spend several years eating sand in a country most of yall will never go to, to have some low selfasteamed civilian tell me what he thinks I can and can't talk about[sm=punching.gif]. This site is a great idea but the BIG HEADED ones need to keep it on subject, ANYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO THE ALLIGATOR AIRBOAT!
I'll go talk to my local RC'rs who will help instead of criticize.
I misinterpreted your first post and a couple of your other past posts as not being about a Aligator, in a post that's now been deleted for carrying on this topic, I already said sorry for my misinterpretation. I still stand on that.

If you're going to be sarcastic and post things like [sm=punching.gif](aimed toward me) and calling me big headed and a "low self esteemed civilian" then get off this forum. I'm a good guy, I've never said anything against you other than accidentally thinking some of your posts were off topic. I have never tried to degrate you as you have claimed, it's vice versa.

Also trying to insult a moderator is just plain stupid.

This is a great place, stay here if you can stay civil. We don't like to see people leave over pointless issues like this.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

I misinterpreted your first post and a couple of your other past posts as not being about a Aligator, in a post that's now been deleted for carrying on this topic, I already said sorry for my misinterpretation. I still stand on that.

If you're going to be sarcastic and post things like [sm=punching.gif](aimed toward me) and calling me big headed and a "low self esteemed civilian" then get off this forum. I'm a good guy, I've never said anything against you other than accidentally thinking some of your posts were off topic. I have never tried to degrate you as you have claimed, it's vice versa.

Also trying to insult a moderator is just plain stupid.

This is a great place, stay here if you can stay civil. We don't like to see people leave over pointless issues like this.
Where do you get off telling this guy to leave the forum? First you insult him not once but about five times with your posts because YOU couldn't understand them, then you tell him to leave? Who do you think you are?

Let the mods handle it. You hold no power here.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

ORIGINAL: hpiguy

This boat looks like it has the exact same motor mounts as the Air Force. And I agree that the smooth bottom would let it slide more. It would be a bummer to flip it all the time.
Had me really wanting to know, so I did a little research at tower hobbies, for replacement parts of the 2 boats. For something to be by chance, it is amazing that the replacement mount for the air force and the alligator tours have the exact same part [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMNW1&P=Z]AquaCraft Engine Mounts w/Screws Airforce Airboat[/link] [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=AQUB29**&P=Z]AquaCraft Alligator Tours Airboat w/Supertigre G34 RTR[/link]
After deeper checking, the mounts are the same, the only thing that is more than likely set different is the angle at which the decks have on the 2 boats at the point where the engine stand mounts to. I still stand on what I said about the thrust angle needing to be changed. To be set level or with a little downward force.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
DJLaPalme

Well I ran it again today and after setting the engine level with the hull there was a great improvement on performance. It ran great and would not flip till I gave it to much rudder at high speed. I changed the radio out to my Spektrum DX-7 and I forgot to measure the rudder throw before the change. I may have put too much throw in it. I now have exponential on the steering and it feels alot better. I will find out what stock throw was and see if that makes any difference at high speed. I also do not have any fuel leaking from the head area anymore. I ran it several times and it never leaked. For those asking about a bigger engine, I believe anything bigger would excede the hulls ability to handle it. After breaking in the engine it would push itself fine on the grass and would really move on the water. After a little effort this is a fun boat. A+. Dennis P.S.: AirboatTravis, what is an actualy airboat?
Old 10-05-2008, 08:54 PM
DJLaPalme

P.P.S.: I used 2 4-40 flat washers under the backplate end of the mounting lugs and the engine stand to level it out. Dennis
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Still not one video even on youtube except the hobbico one.[&o] Not even some pictures of the real thing. You guys are killing me.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Supervee25

Will someone please make a video!!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 AM
deslok113

I was looking through our finances and noticed that my wife bought one for me for ChristmasWoo Hoo!!! I can't wait to try it! This will be my first air boat. But my question is the same as asmithnc. How will the engine stay cool? Ram air from boat speed seems like it won't be enough. Should you run extra rich to help the engine stay cool (which will take away power)? Wouldn't a heli engine, car engine, or even a marine engine run cooler in this boat? Would adding somekind of heatsink be beneficial to this engines life? I was thinking of something lightweight and aerodynamic to use as a heat sink. Since this is an ABC engine too much heat sink will be just as bad right?
Also can you use another aircraft engine as an upgrade on this boat? One of my co-workers gave me an OS max .40 fp that has never been run. He said that he got it as an upgrade for a plane he had and never installed it. Off subject; can anyone tell me the value of the OS max .40 fp NIB? It is discontinued from OS so I couldn't find its worth. I'm into boats not planes. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
RS 38-40
My Feedback: (3)

If your OS FP motor isn't a ball bearing motor it may not last very long in a pusher configeration .
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Grimracer

If you see a buildup of oil between the cooling head and the case.. and its on the front right side of the engine.. you like me are stumped cuz almost all my motors do that on my test stand.. I have no idea how it collects in the same place every time..
The oil on the outside of the engine is most likely coming from the front bearing where the oil leaks past it and then is blown by the propwash.
Many various makes of glow engines have this condition.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
planebasher

I have an OS 46 FX that will make your alligator scream; It is ABC 2 Ball Bearing; if you want the engine to run cooler; Run 30% Nitro Heli Fuel; it has more Lubrication and the Nitro tends to cool it also.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 AM
hpiguy

This boat can't be selling all that well. I can't find one video besides the Hobbico one on YouTube and the message boards don't seem to have lots of people talking about them.

That's too bad. I thought they'd sell like hotcakes.

My idea, ELECTRIC version. I bet the reliability of an electric would sell well.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 AM
kersplat

I'll bet this boat would be most excellent with an OS .40 four stroke. The sound alone would be sweet[8D][8D]
Old 12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
deslok113

I like the electric brushless idea. If I burn up more than the stock engine on this boat down the road, I'll definetly consider a brushless setup! I was Mr. nitro Guy until I bought a BJ 26 BL; brushless electrics are truly awesomethey out perform Nitro engines and require less maintenance than brushed electric motors!!! With Lipo's you get long run times and high current to power rates. The only downside is that 2 lipo's and a charger cost more than the BJ 26 Bl does! Hopefully soon lipo technology will become cheaper and then it's definetly move over Nitro, brushless is the King of the Mountain.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
sherman89

do any of yall know who to get in touch with to get a cage replaced. i havent run this boat but 5 times and 5 of the welds broke!!!! i bought it from hobby town usa and they told me i have to buy a new one cuz there is no warrenty on anythin rc. any help would be appreciated
Old 12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
crispyspa

ORIGINAL: sherman89

do any of yall know who to get in touch with to get a cage replaced. i havent run this boat but 5 times and 5 of the welds broke!!!! i bought it from hobby town usa and they told me i have to buy a new one cuz there is no warrenty on anythin rc. any help would be appreciated

No idea on how to get replaced, but I did a search on welding shops in your area.........
http://www.merchantcircle.com/direct...on/tag/welding
Old 12-03-2008, 01:40 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

ORIGINAL: hpiguy

This boat can't be selling all that well. I can't find one video besides the Hobbico one on YouTube and the message boards don't seem to have lots of people talking about them.

That's too bad. I thought they'd sell like hotcakes.
I couldn't agree with you more.

That's why you guys need to spread interest by posting A (Be the first) video!!!

Really... it shouldn't hurt anyone.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1) The economy downturn is hurting everyone.

2) More than half of the country is now freezing its butt off. No one is going to be out playing with an airboat in ice cold conditions I guess.

3) The economy downturn is hurting everyone.

4) People are thinking about what they can spare for Christmas presents, not hobby stuff for themselves.

5) The economy downturn is hurting everyone.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
hpiguy

I agree Kmot, and it doesn't help that when the economy started to take a big nosedive Hobbico and their online outlet Tower raised prices by 10% to 50% on many products and their offered discounts seemed to have gotten weaker too. Their customer service has really dropped off as well. I bought thousands from them each year and when I used to call about damaged items they emailed me a label, I sent it back and they replaced it once they saw the damage. Now they treat you like a nuisance and want the customer to do all the leg work to get damaged items replaced. I've become very leary of ordering from them anymore. It's unfortunate too as I really liked them.

the Scratch&Dent section used to be a favorite of mine but they started saying "lightly used/no damage" on many many items and you get them and they're snapped in half or crushed. Call Tower and they say "It's sold as-is". Yes, as-is in the description, not as-is if it's smashed when you said no damage.

I did see they dropped the price on the Saver Club and are offering free shipping more often, so those are good things.

It may be too little too late for some. It forced me to start shopping other sources, and those sources have been keeping me happy.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
DJLaPalme

Sherman89, you would be better off if you braize/weld it yourself or find someone to do it for you. If you get a new cage it will do the same thing and you are back to square one. Mine did the same thing and I fixed it myself. For you video/picture lovers: I will post some pictures/video when I steal my camera back from my daughter and learn how to post them on here. I have highly modified my A. T. airboat. The only thing the same is the cage and battery box and seat. Dennis
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS

Build your own, then when it breaks you know how to fix it.

Don M.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21099.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1083555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83796.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1083556  
Old 12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A.T. after mods and tuning. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSeKr6Q3T5s]A.T. vid[/link]
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJC6D7dldP8]A T vid 2[/link]
Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS

Grest vid Hal.
Thank You

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.