RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Airboat fuel Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
phil79
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airboat fuel Question.

I have a aqua craft airboat all stock including motor. I was wanting to know if I can use Traxxas Top Fuel 20% for light running rather than airplane fuel? What would be the difference, cooler temps, warmer temps? Would it damage the motor? Thanx for the help guys, Phil.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:33 PM
crispyspa

Default RE: Airboat fuel Question.

The traxxas has a high oil content so I don't see why not.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
res3567

Which modelof Aqucraft do you have?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:50 PM
phil79

It is the gator tours airboat.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
phil79

Also, I was wondering if there is a brushless motor I could use to convert this to brushless. Installing the esc and motor will be easy as pie, but I am not sure if there is another prop I could use on a brushless, or maybe perhaps this prop would work on any brushless motors. Brushed motor would also work if there is a prop motor combo I could use. Any help would be great. This is my first boat, so I need all the help I can get. I have been around them in the past, so I know all about the differences in outside air temps vs water temps and the effect on the nitro engine, though it should not effect this one too much being this far out of the water and air cooled.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
res3567

The Alligator Tours is a great boat to sart with. There are threads here showing how to improve on this boat. As far as the brushless conversion there are a couple of forum members on here who could probably help you out....just give em time as they are very busy designing and running their airboats. I have an Aquacraft Airforce and my cousin has the Alligator tours and he let me run it so I am intimately familiar with that boat. I plan on buying a modified version of that boat soon. Stick around....a lot of great info here and welcome!