Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Bad day on the lake

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 PM
71dartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad day on the lake

first BSB ran for about 15 min the prop flew off broke 3 welds on cage and spinner/prop/ nut went to bottom( brand new spinner and 3b 10x7 prop)
Logans airboat with new fox.25 broke aluminum 1/8 angle that was engine mount before we even got it in the
water(it cracked from bolt hole and followed shape of motor)
alligator tour flipped twice.
the hull is on its way to Nor-Tech boats for a hull widening operation two inches on both sides and get rid of strake and semi v in rear
then son will do custom paint job
Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad day on the lake

Sorry to hear about your issues.....my cousin has the Alligator Tours and that is the boat that got me into the nitro airboatR/C game. I flipped his also...the hull on that boat is to narrow for the power the Super Tigre .34puts out. When turning.....you have to slow it down considerably and it does not like choppy waters very much. As for your other two boats......back to the bench....I have been there and done that quite a few times with my Aquacraft Airforce....had a lot of engine issues which are now resolved. But at times I became so frustratd, I was ready to sink the boat and throw the Tx in with it....that is the nature of this hobby. If you keep at it with enough patience and some money....it will pay off in the end.

Good luck,

Rob

BTW...cool vids of Logan's boat!!!!