Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Why not to swim after your boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Why not to swim after your boat

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:54 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

How about these:
  • Fishing pole with a tennis ball on the end of the line
  • Another boat, preferably electric, with a retrieval system of some sort on it
  • A manned chase boat, raft, canoe, etc
Old 05-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yet another needless death. How many does this make, just in this thread? Never swim for a toy boat.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/920032...96471590439231

Old 05-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

To explain the story to those very few that aren't on Facebook; A boater went running his I assume electric boat at Lake Havasu and something happened to it. He removed everything on him including cell phone, a pistol and other things and went swimming to retrieve it. Other boaters showed up and found everything but him and called 911.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just hate seeing these. The ugliest side of this hobby.
LAKE HAVASU, AZ — Officials say a 59-year-old man was found dead at Lake Havasu Saturday after going missing earlier in the morning.

Mohave County Sheriff's Office Rescue and Recovery Team responded to the Thompson Bay area of Lake Havasu around 6:45 a.m. after receiving reports of a missing man.

According to MCSO, the man's personal belongings had been found on shore and a remote-controlled boat was also located floating nearby.

It was reportedly determined that Edward Young, of Lake Havasu City, had been at the Thompson Bay area near the Patrick Tinnell Memorial Sports Park operating the boat and had not been heard from since.

Dive team members found Young's body approximately 75 feet from the shoreline, in approximately 10 feet of water. Early investigations reportedly show that Young may have crashed his remote-controlled boat and attempted to swim out to it.

MCSO is continuing to investigate.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...-officials-say
Old 05-05-2019, 02:21 AM
davidmc36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swam the Thames in London ON. during spring run-off for a Scimitar Speed. Getting out to shore with wet jeans panting and 200 mtrs below where I went in made me realize how stupid it was.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:32 PM
sde

That happen not far from were I live here in Melbourne, fishing line and a rod is the best way. Your life is worth more then a model boat any day.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:44 AM
CptnCR

I'm not even going to put my boat in the water without a recovery boat. Too dang expensive and I'm not a strong swimmer.