Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Pro Boat or Aquacraft?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Pro Boat or Aquacraft?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
oldbugs
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Boat or Aquacraft?

So i'm looking to get a little rc boat for my son to use onthe small lake on our property (about 30x80). I've narrowed it down to the Aquqcraft mini wildcat or the Pro Boat mini-C. I like the idea of twin motors on the wildcat but I also like the Pro Boatsingle motor as far as less to screw-up. They seem to be basically the same though, anyone have any first hand use of either of these....likes...dislikes.. Whatabout hop-ups? Thx. Kelly
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
dicko

Default RE: Pro Boat or Aquacraft?

The Aquacraft boat has a better sealing mechanism than the Proboat to keep water out of the hull. The twin drive on the Aquacraft will also be less maintenance than the steerable out drive on the Proboat and will likely perform better than the steerable outdrive too. Out of the two boats listed, my preference would be for the Aquacraft boat.

Another good boat for children is the Aquacraft reef racer 2 as it is self righting, so if you do flip it, you won't need to go out & get it.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
pculton4

Default RE: Pro Boat or Aquacraft?

I actually just purchased a mini wildcat and have some issues with water in the hull. The steering servo already needs to be replaced. Dont get me wrong, Ilove this little boat for the pool. After a couple days and some research I also purchased a Miss geico brushless. I am truly in love with the Miss Geico. Im looking to do some minor upgrades on both if anyone has any good ideas. Props, and a lipo conversion would be nice for the mini wildcat. I saw people posting about putting brushless motors in it which would awesome! But after looking inside the hull, I dont think I can get in there to do the work. Any easy upgrade ideas would greatly appreciated! Thanks!