Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Mini Rio Replacement - Dog ATE Mine!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Mini Rio Replacement - Dog ATE Mine!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
ryin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Rio Replacement - Dog ATE Mine!

So the other day I came home to find my dog had opened the cabinet in the garage pulled out my mini rio and completely chew it to pieces. I had upgraded it with the fastrcboat brushless motor and esc. The only thing salvageable is the motor and flex cable. I do have all the connection ends to the esc so I am going to try to put it back together before I buy a new one. Anyways I am in the need of a new boat for summer. I enjoyed the mini rio after I went brushless, even though it was always to choppy for full throttle. I want advice if I should just pick up a used mini rio for $50 or get the newer mini mono. has anybody had both and is the mini mono much better even with the different electronics. my three choices are to (1) get a used mini rio and a mini alligator tours boat as a rescue boat. (2) Just get the new mini mono. Or (3) stay away from the mini's and get something like a Proboat impulse. I do like the mini boats tho because they can fit in smaller places and have so much power for being so small.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44795.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1743501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11769.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1743502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98132.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1743503  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Tjettzky

Default RE: Mini Rio Replacement - Dog ATE Mine!

I think that voids your warranty! Hopefully the pooch didn't swallow too many bits. Thankfully you were able to salvage some of it. Good luck with your next boat.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Something larger and made of metal?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Vanguo88

If you need a used Mini Rio hull or a new hull which is faster and more stable for replacing the Mini Rio's hull, contact John at FastRCBoat.com

They have both used Mini Rio hull or new replacement hull (for faster and more stable) if you choice.
The new hull is slightly bigger than the stock Mini Rio's to add stability for higher top end, and also to allow for
bigger battery for longer run time.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Vanguo88

BTW, the ReefRacer2 or ZZ2 or ZZ3 are all suitable as rescue boats.
Their costs are reasonable and can turn on a dime, which is import as a rescue boat,
for you need to be able to turn on a dime to get into proper position easily.

The ZZs come with a plastic pusher which is perfect for pushing disabled or flipped boats.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I feel you pain bro. I guy at work gave me an old Cox Ford GT-40 that he had from childhood, complete in the box and barely run. I sat in on the kitchen counter and had to make a quick run to the grocery store. Came back home not 15 minutes later and the dog somehow got the box down and chewed up the body. Boy, was I pissed off! It went from a valuable item to something good for parts only in only those few minutes.
The dog lived to an old age, his lucky butt!