Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:03 PM
gerry b85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

i want to change the prpo on my spartan. i want it to be as fast as i an get it without it over heating what would you recommend? if someone can give me advice or explain how the diamiter and pitch work that would be a big help to!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:31 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: please help

i never had good results with my gen 1 and didnt really know bout forums when i bought mine .for best results i would google it  i think i read a octura 440 prop (dont quote me) was a decent one but there again with all the problems you will run into on stock setup i would just find a comparable to the plastic prop that comes on it. one thing to note if you go bigger on prop you will want to look into converting that stock flex cable to a 3/16, for a few reasons. the first reason is the stock flex is junk plain and simple its not the case of will it break but when will it break. the second is the shaft is a 4mm  you will be limited to props where as in the 3/16 theres many more to pick from. i believe i used a 442 when my gen 1 electronics went up in smoke and simply upgraded the electronics but at higher speeds the thing gets very unstable . imho find a sucker and try and sell it for what you have into it and get a more reliable rtr from companies that build boats. venom has a new looking lineup coming out, and the pursuits are a great handling fast boat for cheaper price tag. now looking back i think i would have been happier if the plastic hull would have caught fire and just sunk everything to the bottom of the water, rather than all the extra money and wasted time i spent on the spartan it really is the worst boat so far that i have dealt with. this for the most part is my opinion, but there are a few facts in here too that hopefully you will consider cheers.