Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New member with question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New member with question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:58 AM
stop22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with question

Hello everyone. Iam Charles. Brand new here but I came out of need of help. My father and myself are resurrecting an old boat that he built 40 years ago. Its an aero models fire boat. It is 46" long and weighs about 15lbs. We has a gass motor in there with water cooling but never really ran it much when we set it up 20 years ago. With the new, more powerful electric engines, we want to convert the boat from gas to electric. Ihad no idea where to start. We don't need a 50mph boat but might like a bit of speed. Can someone give me a starting point? Do we want it brushed or brushless? How big of a motor will we need? Below is an example of the boat. Not our boat, but its the exact same model. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Rich404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New member with question

Hi there!

A pair of brushed 700 size motors, an ESC and NIMH batteries will set you well on your way...

Here are two sites that will help you with your setup.

If you want to talk to the owners for adivice I will post their names too.

Dave From Harbor Modelsis very knowledgeable. Here is his site: http://www.harbormodels.com/

Rich From MACK Products is awesome too! Here is his site: http://www.mackproductsrc.com/

Go through these two sites, get ideas and give them a call. They are both awesome and very helpful.

Enjoy the boat!

-Rich.