Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Communication items

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Communication items

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 AM
MATHO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Communication items

Dear model colleagues, dear customers,
I have to state: model powerboating is my hobby and I want to have fun with that!
I also have to state: more than 95% of my contacts with modelers worldwide is friendly and respectful.
But: I often get extremely short mails from US with this or similar content:
- Have Mouse and problems with broken cable, solution?
- Have issue with XXX engine, solution?
- Want have 2in1 exhaust for ZZZ engine!
- My stuff is better than yours!
I think these senders have seen my comments in any thread here and have seen my address, because this is not confidential.
These mails do often not have any sender address, sometimes no name on it.
Those notes seem to be written disrespectful brain-shots with curious sense in it.
This is not the style modelers should talk, this wastes a lot of time by trying to find out the real issue and to answer. And at the end mail traffic suddenly stops, no further information. This method costs a lot of limited modeling / hobby time. And: if I recommend anything or maybe solve the problem I do not get any response or something like that. This is poor!
I have to state: I am still a hobbyist and my time is limited. If any of my customers will have a problem with my stuffI will help or support, even in regard to powertrain / hardware issues which are not based on my stuff. This is how modelers should help one to another.
In case of any lie “….have Mouse… “ (I have found out that this was impossible, this sender is / was not on my customers list, my questions have been answered with a written personal attack) I will not react anymore.
In case of interesting statements like “my stuff is better than yours” my answer always will be: SURE! So it is not necessary to mail this to me.
If the sender / asker won’t give his address and name I won’t react anymore, too.
I do not tell that I only want to sell parts, I do tell I’d like to help other modelers to fight technical issues if I am able to fight or if I have some knowledge with a possible solution – same behavior if I have an issue / question here - but I do not like unfriendly, dingy questions and requests in that style (examples see above) which are only wasting time.
So please if you have any issue or if you need any support give me a note with your name and full address and a precise description of your concern, pics would be helpful, thanx in advance. But better always is to ask here on the board because more people with same or similar issues or people with experience howto may participate…….thanx for understanding.

www.MATHO-powertrain.de

Thomas Marx
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Communication items

Sorry to hear you have been having such issues Thomas. Easy to say to focus on the 95% and overlook the rest but it still can be wearing. You are no doubt at the top of the game so please know you are admired by the hobby!

As far as e-mails coming direct via this site - I believe all communications leaving RCU will have an e-mail address attached - even if a fake one.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you do find issue with any communication via this site.

Keep doing what you do - all so very well!!

Best regards
Matt
Old 09-27-2012, 02:08 AM
MATHO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt,

thanx for the flowers......

The mail traffic I am talking about did not come through any board, it came directly to my mail-address.
And I am pretty sure that these have not been any fakes.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 PM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thomas .... join the club :-(

I had 'customers' wanting German-hardware with modifications ,

after ordering the MTC or MHZ stuff , and mod. it ,

after sending the invoice and asking to PayPal the ammount ,

they disappeared like snow in the sun.

Nowaday's I do only translate their orders , or ask for PayPal-ammount in advance.