Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Brushless motor fails to run??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Brushless motor fails to run??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:07 AM
smudgers38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor fails to run??

Hi, can anyone help with myissue with a non-running motor:

I have an Outlaw Jr OBL RC boat with a factory fitted ACE RC RIPPER (1900KV) bruchless water cooled motor. Post receipt the only requirements were to solder appropriate connectors onto the battery (LIPO Storm 11.1V 3S 2200mAh) and the controller (BLC-40M) leads. I carried this out then charged the battery with a balanced battery charger (FUSION ELYSIUM LX60B Pro) iaw user instructions. The battery completed charge in approx 30-40 mins. I then turned on the controller and plugged the battery in; green lights on controller and servo in boat. The servo operates fine but the motor just beeps and pulses approx 4 times per second. The instructions supplied dont appear to help with any fault diagnosis.

Any advice appreciated.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Zenoahphobic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless motor fails to run??

Just looking thru posts.
You have probably moved on from this.
I too have a ESC that the lights flash and no go. Atleast you had tones from motor- seems throttle not set up.

The point here is that instructions are less than adequate and more often than not the store is unhelpful.

I believe that warranty should be there to insure that atleast you are given the help (determine if component faulty etc) you get to use the boat!!

Stores in Australia don't seem to uphold warranty, although there is also a legal obligation to do so. Why is this? I might start a thread on this