Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New to RC Boating

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New to RC Boating

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:53 AM
tmulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Boating

I'm new to RC boating and need some advice. I have a 2-3 acre pond on my farm. I would like to run RC boats on my pond but I don't know which boat to get. I picked up a used Traxxas Blast and ProBoat Impulse 17 but both are really too slow. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to get?Thanks,Tom
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM
rblubaugh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New to RC Boating

Tom,

Here's a suggestion you may find helpful.  Go to RCGroups, sign up if you're not already a member (it's free just like RCUniverse), go to the Forums, scroll down to the boats area and click in on the "Dock Talk".  Ask the same question there, you'll get quite a lot of responses.

You might also want to go to the "Racing Boats - Electric" Forum and ask the same question.

Bob

Old 05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
judithangels

RC Boats most popular day by day. It is one of the best hobby for summer season.I also interested and had a Arrow wind 1:16 Electro boat. I donot have any idea about your budget and also your experience. So here  i share a site with you where i get my toys.Hope here you also find best boat as your choice.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM
rblubaugh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Judith,

Thanks for the link, I'm a Dauntless (boat) fan myself.  You'll find them under scale boats here on RCU.

Bob

Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Charles gray

Personaly i would suggest you to pick up RTR spartan Electric RC boat.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Let's go back to square one. What shape is the pond? The length and width can make a difference in how fast you can go or the size of your prospective boat.
Are you looking for another electric boat or maybe a gas or nitro burner? How much would you like to spend?
A roughly 2-3 acre pond in an oval or rectangle shape (roughly) would give you some room to open up a larger boat.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:04 PM
tmulligan

Thank you, Ron.

The pond is about 400' x 200', oval in shape. I would prefer an electric boat so as to keep the pond clean and not make too much noise. I'd like to stay around $200-$300.

So far, I took an old Aquacraft Hammer, put a new 2.4 Ghz receiver in, replaced the motor and ESC with one I salvaged off a Traxxas Slash (motor is T12).But, the motor seems to get pretty hot. Is there a best way to add water cooling?

The rebuilt Hammeris pretty good considering it cost me so little. But, I'd like to go faster.

Thanks for your guidance.

Tom