Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Electric 51" Apache (best setup?)

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Electric 51" Apache (best setup?)

Old 06-01-2013, 11:08 AM
bigboatguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric 51" Apache (best setup?)

Hi, everyone. I was given a 51" Apache fiberglass hull and I wanted to set it up as an electric. I am 100% completely new to electric boats, although I have 2 gas boats, and a few electrichelicopters (but have only used stock components and batteries). So... I was hoping you guys might be able to give me a "shopping list" of items to put in this thing. Specifically, motor, ESC, batteries, prop. I already have a couple of radios and receivers from my other boats I can use. I'm not looking for speed. Probably 20-30mph will be fine. I'd like it to be a marine wave jumper more than anything. Is it possible to stay under $150? I obviously need to do some body work on it as well. Feel free to educate me on theory as well. I've uploaded pictures to perhaps allow you to bettermach the components with expectedbuoyancy andhandling characteristics. Other important info is listed below... Thanks so much guys.

Hull: Apache
Material: Fiberglass
Length: 51"
Width: 10.25"
Weight: 5.2lbs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94325.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	1887557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63030.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	1887558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63683.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	1887559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11433.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	1887560  
Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric 51

You could use some 540 motor's or bigger. You can find these on like old powerwheel's or larger toy's. I got a bunch laying around. for the ESC you can do a manual one or make one out of switches you can buy from radio shack to keep cost down. Am not the best at the paint program but here's what i did for a electric wench for my homemade boat. btw this gives you one speed and both direction's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74489.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1887604