Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Back into the Hobby, Help with a boat decision!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Back into the Hobby, Help with a boat decision!

Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
absentx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back into the Hobby, Help with a boat decision!

Hi Everyone,

Getting back into Radio Controlled after about a fifteen year absence. My Dad and Iabout fifteen years ago had boats, planes and cars but never with too much success, but we sure did enjoy the hobby...well Iam 31 now and can finally afford this ridiculously expensive hobby on my own and dammit Iwant to get going!

We have a vacation place on a beautiful 240 acre lake that we visit often in summer and man that water is just flat as a mirror at dusk and Icrave a nitro tunnel hull or some type of nitro hydroplane when Iam up there.

A couple issues:

1. WOWhave electrics taken off since Iwas first in the Hobby...not sure if Ilike this, but Iam open to suggestions - they sure do look faster than they ever were.

2. Can't you build a boat on your own anymore? I don't want an RTR! I want to buy my own Radio, my own accesories and put some time into the thing.

So, with that in mind, here are my considerations:

1. Aquacraft VS-1 (looks like a nicely designed nitro tunnel)
2. Dumas Hot Shot Sprint 7.5 (seems awesome, but this boat has been around for ever...is it up to date????)

Hard to keep track of all the new manufacturers...I would consider and electric unlimited Hydroplane, but again, I would like to assemble it myself.

I appreciate any feedback or advice you can give!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Back into the Hobby, Help with a boat decision!

Start out with something slower to get the feel for it, one mistake new people does is buy a fast boat and dont know how to drive it correctly. And then wreck it or flip it. Just a thought before you spend to much.