Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

graupner moonraker - who still sells those?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

graupner moonraker - who still sells those?

Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
gyrate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default graupner moonraker - who still sells those?

So I sat on my hands while they had that big pricetag at veast for a few years.... Finally got some other projects done so have spare cash. So I go and check and veast is having them on clearance for half off... but guess what, sold out!

Who sells these in north America at this point? It blows because I have been randomly collecting parts for it for a while (even have the german jets sitting around)... so now im stuck with a pile of parts and no boat.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: graupner moonraker - who still sells those?

Have you tried EBAY?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
gyrate

Anybody ordered from the UK? cornwall models need not be brought up.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:22 PM
w3bby

No personal experience of Cornwall Models however they do seem to have a good reputation on another (UK) forum I frequent.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:39 PM
in-d-boat

The Moonraker is getting really hard to find anywhere. You could try here http://www.loyalhannadockyard.com/ But at $775.00 isn't much of a bargain, IF they had it. Or email these guys in the UK A Model World - RC Model Boats - Never beaten on Price or Service They may have it.(they will reply) Or here in the UK Westbourne model co.uk the home of model boats I have emailed these guys and they never responded to any, so I don't know about them. Although they show they have it I wouldn't just order one with some prior communication. Or If you can't find a Moonraker and want to sell the jets and reverse buckets, etc. I may be interested in buying them if the price is reasonable. In-d-boat
Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM
gyrate

Yes I was looking at Westbourne but they don't respond, I don't even want to bother with them. Seems to be the norm with shops in the uk.

The odd thing about the jets is I got them from Germany so I paid shipping, pp fees etc. I think I want to keep them and use them on another boat.

What I likely will not need is the moonraker detail kit. I also have the light kit in a box somewhere.

tubing, motors, heatsinks I can use on something else.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM
in-d-boat

I totally understand about wanting to keep the jets. I have the Moonraker kit and the detail kit plus last 3 jets that Fun R/C Boats had. I didn't know that there was a lighting it for it too. I wouldn't give up trying to find a Moonraker though. One will pop up sometime. I looked for several years for a Graupner Condor 9 kit . And finally a friend in Canada spotted one in a hobby shop there. There was no way of getting a detail kit for that or the jets either, which were made just for the Condor. I had to make most of the details and modify different jets to fit. Anyway that's another story. I'll keep looking to see if one turns up and let you know. There are a couple of Moonrakers on the German EBay, but they don't seem to want to ship out of the country. Also, once in a while one comes up on the UK EBay, but the shipping would kill ya.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:34 PM
in-d-boat

Do you have the Graupner bow thruster for it? And might you want to part with it, if you do?