Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Prop size

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 AM
rheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop size

Guys
Need to know the proper prop size for a 27" scratch built model of the tug Klimek also the appropriate shaft size to use the largest the prop can be is 60mm.

Thanks
Ron
Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Prop size, scale from the drawing. When you choose your supplier, you will probably find that it will be supplied threaded M4.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 PM
rheli

Thank you so much.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:55 PM
rheli

Thank you
Old 04-12-2014, 01:11 AM
mfr02

Originally Posted by Charlie-821
prop like below would be good for your tug Klimek
l
I have a bit of creeping uncertainty about using a racing two blade prop on a TUG. 3 bade scale types are readily available, as are 4 blade types. Both these are shaped to perform on reverse as well.

(Moderator Edit - linked removed - spammer)

Last edited by Justaddwata; 04-30-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM
rheli

mfr02

I will be using a three blade brass prop on the tug more to scale than the two blade. Have not decided but would like to use a brushless setup but being new to boat models I'm exploring either option at this time.
Would like to find any brushless set up's that are being used, to see different setups in a 27 inch tug. Have been reading to expand my knowledge base on tugs. I have a 1000KV motor I would like to use in a direct drive brushless set up but just not sure if it's enough motor? There are not many builds of the Klimek tug and motor setups are mainly brushed.

My computer died last week and had to spend this week learning Windows 8.1, grin. So back to acquiring more info to move forward with the tug.

Thanks for the input.

Ron
Old 04-13-2014, 12:33 AM
mfr02

I know little about brushless motors, but from what I have read by people who do, that sounds about right for the KV figure. However, that does't indicate the actual power that it can deliver - it might simply not be big enough to turn the prop you want without going into stall mode. At the same time, it could be vastly more powerful than really needed, which could be great fun, but tricky handling.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM
rheli

Understand that, I have the motor so unless I receive guidance or read anywhere it's not a good direction to go I may have to at least give it a try. I can always revert back to brushed system if needed.