Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

?Affordable motor and running gear for Dumas Prime Time 1229?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

?Affordable motor and running gear for Dumas Prime Time 1229?

Old 05-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Ky Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?Affordable motor and running gear for Dumas Prime Time 1229?

Hi all,
Ive recently come into a Dumas Prime time kit #1229 and would like to put some affordable motor and running gear hardware in it, since the recommended dumas hardware is no longer available. I also have a mostly finished Dumas Dauntless, I believe, and need gear for it too. Doesn't have to be a rocket, just good affordable middle of the road electric gear.

I'm, an Airplane guy that has no idea what he needs to get into boats.....Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:11 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Dauntless and you can still get the running gear for it-I ran mine on 2 12v Dumas motors wired to 1 Dumas 12v speed control with a 12v gel cell and it ran at scale speeds.A cheap alternative would be 2 550 size brushed car motors with mechanical speed controls and 2 battery packs.The Prime Time would probably run good on a 700 size brushed motor with a 14v 60 amp speed control and 2 battery packs.The simplest running gear would be 3/16" straight shafts and stuffing boxes with Dumas couplers.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Contact Mack Products. The have a complete power package for the Dauntless and American Enterprise, both of which also use the same Dumas hardware package. They could probably come up with something for the Prime Time as well. I'd tell them that the hardware pack, 2360, is no longer available and see what they can piece together for you. I know there are several guys working on Dauntless builds that are having good results with Mack parts. If this sounds like an option, their website is:
http://www.mackproductsrc.com/power_packages.htm

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 05-16-2014 at 03:19 PM.