Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Is it safe to have your rc material sent from the us to Europe?

Hi,

I am currently trying to construct a radio controlled boat in Sweden but I am not finding the necessary materials or shops to make that happen. I have been looking at websites such as HobbyKing or Rhobbies.com and I am am thinking of getting a hull shipped to my house. Is it safe? Do you have any tips? And does anyone know if there are stores in Sweden specialized in RC toys?

Thank you for your help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What do you want to build?
    Sweden Mini Racing Teknik
    UK Prestwich Models
    Millpond Models
    Germany MHZ
    Lorenz
    MTC

There are more but that's a good start.....
    Ian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have had kits and parts imported into the UK from various parts of the world, including the USA. The only problem was when the UK Customs and Post Office decided that I needed to pay import duty on a kit. I do not know how the Swedish equivalents behave.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    About the same, bit of hit and miss as to what gets through and what doesn't....
    Ian

. I will be looking at these websites. I am trying to build a mid sized radio controlled boat with a fiberglass hull for a school project. I am trying to make a not too complicated or too costly build since it is my first time making a rc boat.

Thank you for your answer