Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

drive shaft removal on tiger thunder madcat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

drive shaft removal on tiger thunder madcat

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:44 AM
dbhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive shaft removal on tiger thunder madcat

hey guys, can anyone help me here with something that should be really simple. I am trying to take out and grease the drive shaft on my recently purchased Madcat and its stuck. I used the allen wrench to loosen the 2 little nuts just aft of the motor and the drive shaft starts to slide out and then just stops and seems like it gets stuck on something. it spins loosely but when I move it forward by holding the prop and then try to pull it out it starts to slide out only about 1/4" then it clicks on something and stops. whats the deal?

Thanks guys
Old 06-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Could you post pictures of the set up, inside the boat as well as where the shaft comes out? I have some thoughts but, without seeing what you've got to work with, I'd rather not make suggestions
Old 06-07-2016, 07:13 AM
dbhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for responding. I don't know how to upload any pictures as I am new here. but if you do a search for some pictures, you can see the motors connection to the drive shaft that comes up underneath the black box that houses the servo and ESC. I loosened the 2 allen head screws which allows the driveshaft to spin and start to come out, it moves out about 1/4" and then stops and gets stuck on something but I can't see anything that is preventing it from continuing to slide out.