Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Beginner - New Member

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Beginner - New Member

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:35 AM
Waypoint5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner - New Member

To All the RC Boat members,
I am a new member trying to figure out how to build a simple RC boat so I can learn how these components all come together and work. Can someone recommend a good starting point for me. I am a beginner with no experience at this time. My goal is to eventually build an autonomous boat and watch it reach its destinations. This does not need to be a speed boat. I am looking for something slow and simple to start with ... assuming that makes since for my level.

Thanks,

Waypoint5
Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Most people here in the forum won't be able to help you with an autonomous build since we are basically R/C modelers. As far as helping you with a build, we would need to have more information, such as what you are planning on using for a drive motor, what kind of hull you prefer, etc.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:02 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

What level of autonomy is wanted? The guy here - http://www.seacharger.com/ - has done one that made it from California to Hawaii and is now well on its way to New Zealand. Or maybe a more sheltered water?
One of the simplest beginner designs is the Springer. Fairly small, but with very large possibilities and extremely versatile.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the latest issue of Robot magazine. It has one of our Tugster tug boats setup for autonomous missions.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:50 AM
blizard05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at the tugster, from Zippkits