Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Constellation rudder help please up and down play?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Constellation rudder help please up and down play?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:39 AM
Lotstolearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Constellation rudder help please up and down play?

I bought what I think is an 80s Constellation. It needs to be redone and is plastic. My biggest question is are the rudders supposed to have a good deal of up and down play? The boat is 30 inches and plastic and I can't figure out how to remove the play so I am wondering if it is supposed to be there? Any insight would be appreciated.

Also any thoughts on having each engine indipendantly controlled? I have a DSX6 that I am wondering if I can use to do this and what best practices might be. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2017, 01:22 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Hard to say about the play without seeing it, or to advise about limiting it. In most installations the rudder is positioned where it is wanted and the tiller arm clamped on so that the rudder shaft can't drop further down the tube. Sometimes packing washers are used to help. A small amount of end play is acceptable to ensure that the item moves without binding. In any case, gravity will keep it as low as it can - rudders rarely leap up wards in use.
Independent control of motors is easy with multi channels - just use one ESC per motor then pick your method.
Two unmixed channels and one stick per motor OR a hardware mixer in the boat which uses one channel for throttle plus the signal from the rudder channel to distribute the power signal to the ESCs OR use the transmitters built in mixing capability. I don't have that type of transmitter, but there will be clues hidden in the instructions.