Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Gas Motor Manual Throttle Possible???? Using motor for unique project.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Gas Motor Manual Throttle Possible???? Using motor for unique project.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 AM
nrk9300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Motor Manual Throttle Possible???? Using motor for unique project.

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to convert an RC gas motor to have a manual throttle. I am using the motor to power a surfboard type machine however, all the motors I have seen required several electronic components and a controller to adjust the throttle. I wanted to avoid this and have a throttle by cable input. I'm not sure if this is possible but thought I'd ask some RC pros and enthusiasts about the topic.

Any information is welcome, thanks.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:04 PM
757jonp
My Feedback: (48)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There must be 6 zillion weed eaters out there with cable operated throttles! Take a look at a couple of them and it should be pretty easy to see what you need. I think I've seen some motorized skate boards with hand held throttle controls when I think about it.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:46 PM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Electronics are used to remotely control the throttle on any engine. In place of the electronics, add a cable from a weed whacker, chain saw, similar yard tool, or a simple piece of string and pull it to rev the engine. Go cart throttles and cables are available at Northern Tool, Harbor Freight and other similar outlets.