Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wingrush EP Racing Boat Transmitter Missing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Wingrush EP Racing Boat Transmitter Missing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:42 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wingrush EP Racing Boat Transmitter Missing

Please can anyone advise on replacement transmitter for Wingrush EP Racing Boat. I have a image of receiver board with
RX-2B Chip if it would help. Description of MHz

Frequency:27.35.40.49MHz

Your help would be most appreciated

Regards
Matt
Old 10-04-2017, 02:12 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Not familiar with that boat, but the frequency list says "toy" to me. 27MHz is the original model band, 35 and 40 were introduced for air and surface models respectively, 49 is for proprietary toys. In model use, sets operating in these bands are fitted with crystals to determine the exact channel that they will use. Toys, you get what you get, and usually, to keep costs down the transmitters work on reduced power and the receivers compensate by having reduced selectivity. They also tend to use the entire band meaning that anybody using a hobby grade outfit in that band will probably swamp their signal. Another cost cut was to integrate the receiver and speed control boards.
On the other hand, if it is a 27MHz set with a changeable crystal, and plugged in speed control and steering, any transmitter for that band will work with the right crystal. Otherwise, it might mean a complete refit with real hobby grade gear.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Just googled it and found it listed on the HobbyTron website for $40 with a list price of $65. At the moment, it's listed as out of stock.
https://www.hobbytron.com/WingRushEl...Boat3352.html#

What's sad is that boat's list price is less than my first Futaba two channel radio system when I bought it back in 1982. I could buy three of them, at list price, for what I paid for a Futaba 4PLS radio system back in late August from Tower Hobbies

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-04-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 AM
[email protected]

Thanks for your response. Is as I feared.. looks like a bit of a project! Boat cost me £10 so no great loss. Although would love to fix it up with better RC gear -Very new to RC stuff.. Where do I start?
Boat has Two motors no rudder.. I think left right on transmitter stops 1 motor for steering. Does this mean I need 4 channel receiver. Connected to speed controller
sorry for my ignorance..

Regards
Matt
Old 10-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

No, but I think, at this point, having a moderator move this thread to the electric forum would give you better results as far as advice goes. I know my way around electricity and electronics but I'm not up on the latest Inrunner and Outrunner motors or the ESC's needed for them to work properly. Then again, there's also brushed and brushless motors so that gives four things to look at that I don't have the knowledge or experience to give advice on
Old 10-05-2017, 12:38 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

There is the question of just how fast the hull can stand going - the power that the original was designed and sold with might be the max it can handle. Going the whole hog on refitting will be several times the cost of the new item, so you would be looking for a big improvement, which might not be possible.
You would need a radio transmitter (usually sold with a matching receiver), and two ESCs to match your motors. For steering, if a rudder is not fitted, a thing called a "mixer" which fits between the receiver and speed controls and rearranges the power to the motors to give steering, or, some transmitters can do the mixing at source.
There probably would not be a great performance improvement, but it would be much more usable.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:20 AM
[email protected]

Thanks for your help.. I shall look around for rc gear as would like to understand the practical basics. Trial and error maybe my route - that's how you learn ehh

I think this boat will bring me much knowledge..
Will let you know how I get on..
Thanks again

Matt