Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Darter king controller

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Darter king controller

Old 09-24-2018, 10:36 AM
Babycakezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darter king controller

Hello just an enquiry does anybody have an idea where i can get a controller for this rc boat as my partner has lost his one and wish to replace the controller rather then buy a whole new boat....
Old 09-26-2018, 02:02 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm not familiar with this boat, so a few observations on general principles.
Googling it, it looks like it is fitted to use a 27MHz radio, the pictures I saw had a label on the stern saying so and the transmitter looked like a faily generic pistol grip type. If the radio in the boat is a separate item from the other components, it will hopefully have a tuning crystal fitted. If it does, that's the good news. It means that it will work with any other 2 channel transmitter, the downside there is that the new transmitter will need a pair of crystals to allow it to work with the receiver in the boat.
The alternative these days is to change out the radio parts for 2G4 equipment, which is CHEAP. Assuming that the control bits in the boat plug into the existing receiver, replacing with new is just a case of inserting the plugs into the right slots.