Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

UDI R/C boat missing transmitter and battery

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

UDI R/C boat missing transmitter and battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 AM
hedron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UDI R/C boat missing transmitter and battery

I was given an RC racing style boat, but the battery is exploded and while I do have a transmitter, it doesn't seem compatible. I cannot open the boat, because the hull is glued together. However, I can remove the canopy to get at most of the parts, except the receiver and speed controller.

The boat is made by a Chinese company called UDIRC. Their website shows a few models, but none of them match up identically.

What I am wondering is:

1) How can I seperate the hull? Is there some solvent that's good for this sort of thing? The hull is made of plastic. I have no idea what type of glue was used. It appears to be ready-to-run and not assembled. The glue is reddish-brown, but that could just be because it's old. I'm just thinking someone might be more versed in the art of glue, and know something I don't.

2) Is there a way to bind my transmitter to the receiver? I have a (budget) Fly Sky FS-GT2E. I've held down the bind button while powering on the boat, but it doesn't seem to bind. I'm guessing the frequecy is incorrect, and I'm just going to have to buy a more sophisticated transmitter.

3) The battery has an unusual connector. It's a four prong adapter, but all the batteries I've ever seen are two pronged. Plus, it's ~11.4v or so. Couldn't I just get a 11.4v battery and just swap the adapters? I can't think of a reason this isn't possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would avoid solvents on the boat - being plastic I would say anything that would break the bond of the glue would likely affect or dissolve the plastic first. Other than trying to split the seam with force (which does not always go to plan) the only other option I can think of is cutting it with a blade or saw. Then regluing when repaired (might use silicon next time which with hold the hull well but can be more easily separated if needed).

Hard to say without knowing about the components of the boat you have. Chances are it is running on a different frequency altogether. Most inexpensive boats only come with one or two frequencies making it difficult to run more than one at the same time.

If you can link to a picture or two of the boat it may help with the advice also.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Matt, this video might help.
Video ? UDIRC ? Create happiness with your heart
Better link:

Last edited by Ron Olson; 12-13-2018 at 05:00 PM.