Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

gas boat questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

gas boat questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 05:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default gas boat questions

Ask the questions and I'll see if I can help. Ive just gotten into the mono's in the past 2 years but have learned a lot quickly. I have just finished a 7.5 Microburst and a Speedmaster 21 for my son. He ran an Aeromarine Titan 21 last year and I've built a few .12-sized boats for fun and possibly to race in the renewed "A" class. If I don't have the answers, I'll try to find them for you. Not too good with the scale hydros though.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Ron Olson

Sounds like you've got some work ahead of you. Some of the best running gear out there now is Speedmaster. I really like the stuff but there are also some others that work well also. Speedmaster Products can be seen and ordered on www.rossisales.com. If you have pictures, emclose them and let me know if they are on your posting. Were the boats set up for surface or sub-surface drive? Surface drives are the hot setup so if the hulls were set up with sub-surface it's somewhat easy to convert it over, you'll mostly have to fill in the hole in the bottom of the hull after removing the stuffing tube. The cat hull will still be sub-surface for better handling. There are some other sites that you may os may not be aware of that are great for information and a lot of helpful people in them. Try www.rcboat.com and www.intlwaters.com. both are excellent sites for nitro boaters with a lot of info already in there.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Ron Olson

If I can post a picture it can't be too difficult. I somehow got one to work in here. See the thread under this one, "Which nitro boat first one". I installed this one using a floppy disc but a CD-ROM works the same way. Go to Attach File at the bottom of your message and click on "Browse" then find your source.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Ron Olson

I didn't get a chance to finish my last post. I got a phone call while I was typing it that my wife was involved in a traffic accident. She's got some minor injuries but the car is trashed. It wasn't her fault this time ( she's had a few accidents in past couple of years). I'll go in and see how I did it and try to post another picture. Okay, I did it. I went and clicked on "Browse", went to "A:" where I have my floppy, clicked on the picture thayt I wanted and it was entered. Now something should show up at the bottom of this posting that will say A:\Sm21.jpg. That's a picture of the Speedmaster 21 that my son is going to race this year. Like i said before, If I can do it, it should be easy for anybody! I'm not digital yet so I wouldn't have a clue on how to do one of them newfangled cameras.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:57 AM
Ron Olson

I think that I know what I did wrong, I popped out the floppy before it was done loading! I'll try it one more time.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:26 AM
Ron Olson

Dono, if you want to, you can send the pictures directly to me. I have 2 addresses, [email protected] or [email protected] for the boat club use. If you can get them there, I will see IF (a big if) I can get them posted on here.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:42 AM
Ron Olson

Frustrating isn't it! Maybe if we report this to the administrator they can help. Possibly the [img] might be the problem, that didn't show up in mine.