Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Newbie needs advice!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Newbie needs advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Blugill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs advice!!!

I've just built a Dumas "Short Stuff" with my nine year old son. We're looing for some advice on an engine for this boat. I saw a K&B .18 inboard engine which looked pretty nice. The model suggests an O & S fsr .10 engine. Do you think the boat would be way overpowered with the K&B engine? Any one have a suggestion?
Thanks
Old 07-16-2002, 04:00 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Newbie needs advice!!!

First, lots of luck trying to get anything from K&B right now. The new owners are real slow about getting parts out much less a complete engine. Secondly, the .18 engine would be too big for this boat. Go for a small water-cooled engine or a mild .12 sized car motor with the large heat sinks. I had a Dumas Short Stuff and it ran fine with a .12 HB motor (the only one I ever saw). With an air-cooled motor you wouldn't have to run any plumbing for the motor plus the heat sink will sit high enough to get enough air. If you go with a car motor, get a flywheel from OS, I think that the part number is 9D.