Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Vintage Octura White Heat series ??

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Vintage Octura White Heat series ??

Old 02-16-2006, 02:22 AM
RS 38-40
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vintage Octura White Heat series ??

This might be a little of subject but this site has a bunch of Vintage Plans for all kinds of stuff and even a couple model boats . One of the boats is a round nose Hydroplane but it is an airboat and the other is a hydrofoil . It has scooters , bikes and carts as well as lathes and other machines .

http://www.vintageprojects.com/site-map.html
Old 02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
IDM

Hey Matty

Here is a bunch of PM Encyclopedias for sale.
http://search.ebay.com/popular-mecha...a_W0QQfromZR40

IDM
Old 02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
IDM

ooops
Old 02-16-2006, 05:37 PM
PAINLESS
My Feedback: (19)

Was doing a little more searching and ran across this photo, it from Model airplane news. The guy on the left is Ed Hughey. Anyone know what hull this is? Octura had one called a Wing Ding but I think it was an outrigger style hull.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49215.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	409450  
Old 04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
ncsuwuff
My Feedback: (2)

I built a White Heat X hull back in the sixties when I was in high school. I recently got the nostalgia bug and have been gathering up bits and pieces to build another one. I have complete plans for the White Heat V, partial plans for the White Heat X (missing the formers, but I believe the V formers are the same/almost the same), and I picked up a complete set of White Heat 4-60 plans on ebay. I just bought an old X hull that is in rough shape ( I really don't plan to use it--I bought it to get the fiberglass X cowl that was sold with it). I have several of the O&R engines, motor mounts, struts, and one V-8 exhaust manifold that went on the O&R. I also have the Popular Mechanics article that introduced the White Heat V and a build manual for the White Heat X. Let me know what I can do to help you. I am looking for the former/bulkhead patterns for the X. I would love to find an X kit!!

Gordon E
Old 06-09-2006, 01:56 AM
mikeu21

I have my own home business here in Lake Havasu City AZ, Adrenaline R/C. I specialize in 1/8th scale unlimiteds but love building and designing my own hulls. Both my Father and Grandfather had white heat hulls and i would love to build one or more. All I need is a set of drawings. If possible could you send me anything you have. dont worry about size I can rescale or redraw them in AutoCad. If it means anything my grandfather drove the U-21 Dollarbill and was one of the mechanics on her.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:22 AM
jackwiggle

Hi I bought a 4/60 kit on ebay a few months back but I am also looking for plans for White heat 60 I built one in the late 70's but never finished it it went in a clean out over 10 years ago I would like to find the plans again it was a single step. Hydro Regards Jack
Old 06-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you do a little looking on eBay, there were some old White Heat decals on there the other day.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:12 AM
jackwiggle

Hi from Australia there where some whiteheat cowls for sale on ebay last week I grabed some for my boats still looking for WH 60 plan it is a single step Hydro similar to the 4/60 I saw it in a book when I was a Kid now 41 and chasing my youth if you know the title let me know the book was blue in colour and covered r/c cars boats and planes Regards Daren
Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Ed Sidders
My Feedback: (2)

I don't remember the exact year but i built one with O&R engine Had a kraft reed radio in it with bonner servos. Never got the radio interference out of the radio so took all the radio gear out and ran it on a tether was real neat seems like I traded it for a nice shotgun. Thanks for the memories. Ed
Old 01-06-2008, 06:10 AM
jackwiggle

Hi I just bought this on ebay it has plans for whiteheat 60 in it: 1965 Fawcett Handbook Of Model Planes Cars And Boats Ebay Item number: 320200779521 also found them on Amazon Thanks Stephen Scott for the info on the name of the book and your quick emails Regards Daren
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM
fastboat62

Hi my name is don ,I happen to have a brand new white heat in the original box! found it in a dark dusty corner of a hobby shop closing in fla about 8 years ago. it is a white heat 4-60, i am currently in the process of trying to get it duplicated by a brother of a friend that works at a shop with a computer controled 5 axis router set up. my kit is absolutly not for sale!!!but if you would like to call me that would be ok and l will keep you up dated on the duplicating progress. I was looking for a laser cutting place at first but this looks to be very expensive to do. if you have any sugjestions on this let me know. my #is 317-363-8497 i am on est an wont answer after about 9:30 pm work starts early. talk soon Don
Old 07-04-2008, 09:52 PM
jackwiggle

Hi all thanks from Australia for the help. I have the plans on cd for Whiteheat 60 now need to dig out all the hardware and get the ply cut should be on the water in the next 12 months Regards Daren
Old 07-06-2008, 08:38 AM
LittleRock

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a White Heat V built from scratch as close to the original as I could get it at the time. It has the Ohlsson & Rice Compact III with the Octura water cooled conversion. I have an original steering strut but have not installed it. Anybody interested in buying this?

Steve Staples
Old 08-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Tom Tinker

I realize the posting on this subject was posted in 2006, but hoping someone might be able to help me. I am looking for plans for the White Heat X. Maybe someone has an old kit or partial? Would be interested in a built up model in any condition. But would prefer plans or kit.

What I can tell you, is I have spoken to Octura Models. They no longer produce any kits. They current only produce their hardware, props, etc.
I have tried to purchase the plans or any kit they may have of the White Heat X. They have none to sell. This is as of 8/20/09. But very nice people and quick to respond to inquiries.

I have purchased plans on E bay for White Heat 60 and White Heat V, but just not the same. Anyone who would like to get these plans I have the e mail address of the person in Canada selling them. Contact me and I will give it to you.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 PM
jackwiggle

Hi I have all the WH plans I could copy them to disc and send WH10 to you but I would have to go to Kinco's to have it done at cost for you also I have WH 4/60 kit and cowls for WH10 WH5 and WH60 I need a cowl for my built WH30 Regards Daren
Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Tom Tinker

Daren:

Do you have a price for the White Heat X plans? Do you know what format the disc would be in? Reason for this question, my closest Kinco is 60 miles one way, I will check my locat printers to see if they can print their format. Thanks for the reply.
Tom Tinker (Richard)
Old 08-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Glenn Quarles

I too have an old 60's vintage White Heat with on O&R engine. It was built from the Popular Mech plans by a family friend. It has an Octura steerable strut and everything on the boat is in perfect condition. It is a single step hydro, but I don't know which model it is. I will post some pictures as soon as I can get some.

Glenn
Old 09-17-2009, 04:41 PM
jackwiggle

Hi I have scans of White Heat X (10) and White Heat 60 if you need a copy Daren
Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A few WH photos.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 PM
jackwiggle

Hi some pics of my White heat stuff collected mostly of Ebay Daren

Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS

I like that out drive, what and who makes it?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:55 AM
jackwiggle

I think this answers the above post Daren
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS

Thank You.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 PM
jackwiggle

Hi I have white heat plan X (10) scans if you would like some PM me Regards Daren

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.