Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I want a boat...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

I want a boat...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:32 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want a boat...

Alright guys, I go to the river quite frequently, and feel I need a boat now. I'd like to stay electric powered for the time-being. Im pretty sure a deep-V would be the appropriate hull, as the waters arent exactly flat. What are some good kits out there that would suit my purpose.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:04 PM
fishy2k8
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: I want a boat...

well tell us more about what you are doing.. do you want to build a kit or do you want a rtr? if you want a kit... wood or abs, ect. how about your price rang-whats your budget?
Old 04-13-2006, 10:09 PM
-Inverted-

do you want to build a kit
What are some good kits out there that would suit my purpose.
Im all for the kits, I've never owned a boat before, so I will enjoy the building experience and learning how everything works.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 AM
-Inverted-

Im liking the MHZ gecko, what else is there that uses 380/400 size motor, I want to be able to haul it with my mini-lst.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:00 PM
alsaalas

hello all my friends

i am very happy , because i can ask the question refer about the boat and all refer the world the radiocontrol

i want a boat , the preference v hull ( racing boat ) i need one big boat, strong, and very fast , for example for rancing, this toy i like run in the lake of the my city in replubic of the mexico

this boat is waterproof, because the wave is normality very big , more or less one feet , if not is tall de boat thus the water in the board the boat and damage the receiver and the hot motor, this boat must be the gas boat preference
Old 04-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Fair warning, rivers aren't the best places to run a boat. The water moves faster than it looks, especially when chasing one down. I know this from experience as one pond that I run in is connected to a river. Chasing it down wasn't the hard part but trying to row upstream was a bear.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:35 PM
-Inverted-

I will also be using it on a lake and pond. Either a boat or that Robonova! BTW, did you happen to check out the rest of the videos I sent you?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Ron Olson

Not yet, I've been busy working on my computers today. The old one was getting really slow and I got this one rebooted so now I'm in the middle of getting things downloaded into this one........... again.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:01 PM
-Inverted-

I saw a guy on a different forum who created a set of "claws" for it, it was able to functionatly pick up and drop items, VERY COOL! More and more I want one of those, but summer is coming and a boat would be perfect. I want to be able to pull it with my truck, but Im thinking maybe I should up to a larger size. How well do the Graupner jet drives work Ron? Im looking at the FDM Force 21 (finedesign), but it is ABS. Would it be better for a beginner to get ABS or fiberglass?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Ron Olson

Jet drives are something else that I have no experience with.
The Force 21 used to be a Warehouse Hobbies "Bagshot boat", a low cost boat that was simply packed in a bag, not a box to help save costs. I still have some hardware around for one of those boats as I got some for one of my .12 monos.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:28 PM
-Inverted-

You think that would suit me for the time being? I don't know much about boats, so Id like to get an affordable, yet quality boat. It looks pretty well built, but what would I know . Any other reccomendations are welcome.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MHZ Gecko is an excellent boat to start with. It can handle a lot more speeds then most of the small boats I have seen. I know you like electrics and have a fair amount of them, throwing a 400 size BL will make this thing very much enjoyable. Check out the vids on MHZ site!

http://206.206.85.209/xtdoc/video.aspx?store=mhzusa

Ryan
Old 04-15-2006, 01:34 AM
-Inverted-

Ive tried the videos, but they never play. I like the gecko and the micro iceberg, but I dont want a boat that is too small. I wish I could get the Gecko with just the hull, no hardware.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:07 AM
tazmaniaboats

in malta we don.t have rivers but when the wind blows and we try to use our boats we finish always rowing to bring the boats back and i can asure you 1 good row will pump you up
find alake or sea
martin