Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

This forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 01:14 AM
Miniair
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This forum

I realize that for allot of us with winter there isn't anything but frozen water but how about we start a discussion, how about What are you building, How to install an inboard properly - gas or electric.

How about some discussion on how to add trim tabs/plates to counter engine torque.

I'm sure that there are allot of members that have more experience than me; how about cropping up.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:09 AM
dirtman-RCU

Default I'm in for that...

I'd like to see some pics of the inside of some nitro boats. I'm fairly new to the rc world and must drive about 300 km to the nearest hobby shop. I spend as much time there as I can but still don't really have a firm grasp on the dynamics and drive options of a well balanced really hot boat. If you guys and gals can, I'd sure appreciate it if you could post some pics. At the risk of getting a bunch of well deserved, stern criticism, I'll start by posting a picture of the innards of my jet boat. Looking forward to some feedback!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3334_2060.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	2399  
Old 02-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Ben Diss
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This forum

Wow. Another jetboat fan. I just built one using the Power Drive available from Hobby-Lobby. I'm powering it with a Hacker B50-12XL and 32 cells.

What kind of drive are you using?

-Ben
Old 02-19-2002, 02:49 PM
dirtman-RCU

Default This forum

I'm using an old my-t-jet, cast model. (9 inches long with about a 35 mm impeller. Put a K&B .18 pull start in it. Maybe have all the bugs worked out now.....guess I'll find out when the water gets soft again! 32 cells!!! man that must throw water forever!!!