Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Dumas Templates

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 08:29 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dumas Templates

Every year there seems to be less and less Dumas powerboat offerings (deep vee, mono and hydro) available from them.

Do any powerboaters out there have part tracings/templates to swap or share of the older, out-of-production Dumas kits, like the Thriftway Too or Atlas Van Lines? My scrollsaw and plywood is waiting for something to do.

Let's not let these designs slip away to become "collector kits" at "collector prices". Trace that kit to paper before you glue it, and pass it on! Who knows, maybe the person that sees what you have might have templates that you might be interested in building.

Dont let scratch building from templates scare you off. I actually prefer it. I am able to make my own plywood choices (there are many plywood suppliers that stock the thickness and practically any veneer of your choice), and being able to make my own cuts allows me a better fitting kit, all for usually less than what the kit retailed for new.