Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

oh! boy oberto

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:51 PM
bucsbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh! boy oberto

Does anyone know where I could find a Oh! Boy Oberto rtr for a young kid? I have seen them at my local pond, but failed to get a product/company name. They were about 20" long, powered by a small electric water cooled motor, and it also had a rudder which suprised me. I just wanted to know if anyone has the name of a comany that sells these boats or anything that comes close.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Tug Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oh! boy oberto

It is a laser cut kit in the U.K.
http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/product...selection=kits

Tug
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 AM
cmiller73

That's not RTR, but it may do the trick. I dont think you are going to find that type of RTR. I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Tug Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see any RTR boats available that is why I linked the laser kit. Being laser cut it should go together with minimal effort. Plus it gives your son a better understanding of the boat maybe?

Tug

ORIGINAL: cmiller73

That's not RTR, but it may do the trick. I dont think you are going to find that type of RTR. I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Steve Hill at http://www.battlepack.com/boats.asp was selling them but I don't see them on his site right now.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:04 AM
astecme

Hi,

The laser cut kits were produced by brown box boats in the USA. The guy sells them on Ebay. I am getting them locally router cnc'ed now as this does not give the wood a burnt edge. I don't think they were ever available ready to run. If you have not built or run a model hydro before and do not have some modellling skills do not buy one. I will have the atlas van lines and the Miss thriftway available very shortly. these are 1/16th scale

The Oberto was a 12 cell job and about 30 inches long. I think I have one left.

The kits are all classic egg box construction but the oberto is a tad more difficult as it is cut to shorter parts that have to be made up.

The kits are hull only - no hardware!!

Allan (Astec Models)
Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 AM
PINZA

I have just finished the Dave Frank Oberto from the plan, check out the thread in the FE section [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5387870/tm.htm[/link]. 60 odd bits of wood but a nice build, 26.5mph on its first run, with Graupner SP700, 12 GP3300's and X447 prop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27657.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	626253  
Old 02-28-2007, 03:43 AM
astecme

I have just finished the Dave Frank Oberto from the plan, check out the thread in the FE section http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5387870/tm.htm. 60 odd bits of wood but a nice build, 26.5mph on its first run, with Graupner SP700, 12 GP3300's and X447 prop.
Call me please - may be able to help.

Allan (Astec models)