Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0

Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0 preview

So whats the story....I scare everyone off with all this electric talk?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Not hardly! That's part of what makes the event fun! It gives people a chance to run whatever they have, get some tweaking done, a chance to run on the water with others that don't normally do that or see what's going on with nitro, gas and electric boats. At one meet, we had a .12 'rigger up racing with a gas cat, where else are you going to see that? I don't advise people to do that but it's their boats.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:19 PM
FE_Chris

No way...I race anybody in anything.

I here ya ron, it is cool to see all the boats. I almost wanna buy a miss vegas and bring it with me so you guys can show me how to run a nitro boat. nitro marine engine's just always have given me fits. [:@] But I like them still......
Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 PM
ob nut

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

So whats the story....I scare everyone off with all this electric talk?

When one works night shift, don't have time to reply while I'm sleeping
Old 03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
gooycheese

This does sound like it will be a Great Day !!! I hope to bring my TC31, my .12 rigger and maybe a sv27 if one of my friends comes with me Sorry I wont be able to goto the pub afterwords I have a club race the next day about 5 miles from my house so that shouldn't be a problem getting there. Between now and then if anything else is built I will bring it also.

Paul
Old 03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
FE_Chris

O it's gonna be a blast! I know it! Last time I was'nt prepared. I did'nt have a table, or any shade, I was starting my boats from the ground......This time I am bringing me a table....Some food...drinks.....All that stuff. Plus I have a Nikon Cool pics camers that takes nice video's with sound (nice for a digi cam video). There are stores around and such...But I hate to leave the pond except to go to the LHS thats just a few miles away.....You never know what might catch your eye in a LHS

Also, last time I did bring a nitro MT. It crapped out on me.....Just like my radio and everything else did that day This time the nitro MT is NOT gonna crap out and I am also gonna bring my Brushless Losi LST with me too! Just incase anyone else has some trucks.....it's fun to take a break sometimes and run the MT's through the grass. Plus people are always inpressed by how fast my Mayhem ST accelerates! it's like a bullit! and sooooooooooooooo fun to drive!!!!

So the count is MINIMUM 2 trucks and 3 boats. I'm not driving 2 hours to have sometime crap and I have to watch all afternoon

ORIGINAL: gooycheese

This does sound like it will be a Great Day !!! I hope to bring my TC31, my .12 rigger and maybe a sv27 if one of my friends comes with me Sorry I wont be able to goto the pub afterwords I have a club race the next day about 5 miles from my house so that shouldn't be a problem getting there. Between now and then if anything else is built I will bring it also.

Paul
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
wave waker

Hey Chris, u change ur name here ha! well, remember my crappy warhead last time, it's well moded this time, got a OS .30 on it, starting putting aluminum parts..this thing can hang around with ur truck this time be ready..hahaha!

jul

ORIGINAL: FE_Chris

O it's gonna be a blast! I know it! Last time I was'nt prepared. I did'nt have a table, or any shade, I was starting my boats from the ground......This time I am bringing me a table....Some food...drinks.....All that stuff. Plus I have a Nikon Cool pics camers that takes nice video's with sound (nice for a digi cam video). There are stores around and such...But I hate to leave the pond except to go to the LHS thats just a few miles away.....You never know what might catch your eye in a LHS

Also, last time I did bring a nitro MT. It crapped out on me.....Just like my radio and everything else did that day This time the nitro MT is NOT gonna crap out and I am also gonna bring my Brushless Losi LST with me too! Just incase anyone else has some trucks.....it's fun to take a break sometimes and run the MT's through the grass. Plus people are always inpressed by how fast my Mayhem ST accelerates! it's like a bullit! and sooooooooooooooo fun to drive!!!!

So the count is MINIMUM 2 trucks and 3 boats. I'm not driving 2 hours to have sometime crap and I have to watch all afternoon

Paul
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Ron Olson

Chris, I was just down there yesterday and they still don't have squat. I might head out to the other one tomorrow as they have a box of boat parts stashed away that might have a few treasures left in it yet.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 PM
GT Batman

Paul

Hey Chris, check your PM please.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 PM
FE_Chris

I've been a busy beaver working latley! But I have had some time to order up all the goodies I have been saving for.

O I am ready wave sleeper! and so is my nitro smokin brushless converted LST [8D] I tested it on 12 cells the other day and I got 33MPH of wheel spinning dirt throwing acceleration. I can only wonder how 14 cells will do [X(] For it's size it's pretty fast. I think you guys will really dig it.

Just got my boat kits the other day from Randy at BBY. I am still trying to get a manual from him on how to build this 21" mono kit i got, it did'nt come with any [&o] I've never built a boat before so it's kinda tough looking.

I got 39 cells to make battery packs out of too. 9 are cheap duratrax cells and 30 are some nice ib3800 cells.

Also, got an order made from RCboyz on ebay. Some wire...Battery bars, FM crystals for my RX's (screw spektrum for boating!!!![:@]) and a few other Misc items....

Also, my fine design RTR 32" mono came the other day too....REALLY NICE. But they ebay seller packed it like crap and the rudder came broke and the prop came with bent tips. He offered to refund me 100 bucks I took it and am cleaning the prop up myself and a 21$ SV27 rudder is 99% identical to a speedmaster, or finedesign 4" rudder (all 3 appear to be almost identical, but I would guess the FDM and SM rudders are machined from better aluminum maybe ) So I am replacing my FDM rudder with a 1/2 price SV27 rudder.....Should work......Grim's the man!

Also, got a support box going together. Kinda like how you nitro guys use one to carry fuel, I am going to build mine as a charging station with some external power taps and a couple of gell cells inside so I can charge packs out on the lake front [8D]

Yes, this fun run is good be fun and I am positive there is gonna be a ton of cool gear from everyone to check out!!! Bare minimum my table!

Sky, got your PM's of course. Good seeing you the other night man. Gonna have to get together sometime soon and play some xbox! Thanks again for letting me borrow the starter box!

Later dudes!
ORIGINAL: wave waker

Hey Chris, u change ur name here ha! well, remember my crappy warhead last time, it's well moded this time, got a OS .30 on it, starting putting aluminum parts..this thing can hang around with ur truck this time be ready..hahaha!

jul

Paul
Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Ron Olson

While you're in here, I'll give you the directions from the east side of the state MsDarla came in a different route that I gave out last year and it seemed to work well for her.
I-94 to exit 81 (I-94 Business Loop). Go to the 2nd light, Sprinkle Road. Turn right and go to "H" Avenue. Turn left and that will take you to Gull Road. Left onto Gull Road and the 3rd traffic light will be Brook Drive. It only goes right. Down that road it will curve to the left and go downhill. At the bottom of the hill is the park entrance. Once inside, take the left fork. We'll be down towards the SW corner of the lake almost across from the water tower.
Those coming in from the west can use almost the same route except get off !-94 at exit 80. That is Sprinkle Road. If you miss exit 81 those coming in from the east you can also get offat exit 80. You just miss the traffic mess there.
Those coming in from US-131 from north of Kalamazoo use the first Kalamazoo exit past the "D" Ave. rest area. You get off the highway on the left, not the right. Take that to the 1st off-ramp to Douglas Avenue. Go 1 block north (left) to Mosel/Barney road. Mosel is to the right go take Mosel all the way to the end. That will be Virginia, turn right and to the end. Turn right and about 300 feet down Mt. Olivet is the park entrance. Look for the water tower on the horizon as you're coming in that Business Loop.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 AM
FE_Chris

Thanks ron. I live just south of flint and it took me right at about 2 hours to get there last year. You speak with darla? She coming?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Ron Olson

I don't know what's up with Darla as I haven't seen her online in a while. I know that she's had some health issues but is going to try to make it again if she can. It seems like she got rid of her nitro boats and went to the dark side (electrics) as she bought that one mono from Chris Fine.
Eric said that he talked to you the other night and you were saying that you might go to Toledo. Maybe I'll see you there! He also said something about picking you up. I'm going a different route as I found out that going down I-69 and hitting the toll road that it's faster and not as insane as taking I-94 to 23.
you can still come in the old way also. There are about 4 ways to come into Spring Valley from your direction. Another is to stay on the BL and follow it to Kings Hwy. then turn right onto Mills St. where the ballfields are. That will take you right into Riverview Drive. Take that north until you go past the cememtary and turn right. That's Mount Olivet by the cop shop. Go up that road and the park entrance is on the right but the park sign is partially blocked by a stockade fence.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 AM
FE_Chris

Ahhh thats too bad about darla, hopefully she can make it.

So how far is the drive to toledo? When is the show? Gotta link?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Ron Olson

It's about 140 miles for me but should be a lot closer for you. Go to www.toledoshow.com , they have all the info you should need including directions to get to the Seagate. It's not that hard to find but a real pain to get out of town. When you're on the highway, follow the signs to the 5/3 (Fifth/Third Bank) ballpark as it's right next door to the Seagate.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:29 AM
FE_Chris

I might go that sunday. Looks cool. How many days are you gonna go for ron? You guys getting a hotel? Whats the story?

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

It's about 140 miles for me but should be a lot closer for you. Go to www.toledoshow.com , they have all the info you should need including directions to get to the Seagate. It's not that hard to find but a real pain to get out of town. When you're on the highway, follow the signs to the 5/3 (Fifth/Third Bank) ballpark as it's right next door to the Seagate.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Ron Olson

I make it a one-day trip and will only be there on Saturday. I went there one year on a Sunday. The pickings may be slim in the swap meet area by then but the upside is that a lot of dealers and swap meet area people don't want to have to load all that stuff back up and haul it home so you can wheel and deal a little more.
Seeing how you're going to FE boats, check out the prices on battery packs but look around before you buy.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
MsDarla

I might get 4-5 people from this area maybe more to join the crowd.

The weeds in the pond is kinda a bother for me to run my boats. []
Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
misshydro

Were is this going to be held at?[8D]
Old 03-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Ron Olson

That's why I try to set up the course around the weed bed but some people insist on creating their own course. I'll have to get over to the park to see how the weeds are doing. I moved it down last year a hundred or so feet down to avoid that weed bed.
I saw that you have the Fine Design boat for sale. Too bad as I wanted to see it run!
Misshydro, the park is about 1-1/4 miles straight north of my house as the crow flies. Directions are up a couple of postings from I-94 or if you come up I-69. The possibly faster way for you would be to hit the toll road to the I-69 exit by Fort Wayne then north to I-94 west.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:36 PM
FE_Chris

Thanks ron. I can't make it to the toledo show I found out. See the developer I work, and whose house we are building is moving all the next 3 weeks till the house is done. I won't get a day off till about the end of april. The upside is I get good face time with the boss man, and the checks are always fatter obviously cause of all the hours. Just no toledo show [&o] Ahh well.....The fun run is a for sure thing. I already have that worked out. Maybe It should be a 2 day event. That way anyone that could not make it saturday can roll out sunday. Whats the deal ron? Can the Fun Run evolve?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Ron Olson

I don't know, I have been asked that before to make it a 2-day event. I'm usually pretty burned out after just one day. Seeing how I work the night beofre and don't get much sleep, at the lake by 8:00 to set up then Mark and I were the last to leave at 6:00, comnig home, unloading the truck and uploading pix and videos, I'm shot. Last year wasn't easy either after just returning to work after surgery and my left knee going bad it made it hard to go up and down that hill.
It's hard to believe that it's coming up so soon. I have to go to the DNR office in the next few weeks to get the permit.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:04 AM
wave waker

hey guys!! Mark OB NUT, got a new SLR digital camera, we just tested it at S. Carolina tunnel race and was awesome, very fast camera, lots of boat in action shots..he compiled it in CD and i've been watchin the slideshow in my tv.

so get ready of ur boats!!!if u want to see it in action!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Ron Olson

Now I'm more afraid. Mark always seems to catch me in the act of doing something stupid/silly.
If Greg and Denny Sheckler show up there should be some really good shots taken. If we can get videos, I've got a guy that will make all of up a DVD. He'll mix still shots in also.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:50 PM
FE_Chris

Ehhhh you old guys seem to wear out faster then us young bucks Just an idea.....

Thats cool about marks camera. We should have some nice video to compile into a Fun Run movie.

I here ya about working ron, I work atleast 6 days a week here in the warmer times. Latley, I have been working 7 days.

Wave, how's the OB SW36 going? You gonna have it with you?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.