Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 143 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 7760

Thread: RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Surfer

kite man

tayor knox is one of the top pros on tour, he has been on top for 10 or more years , have you ever seen his round house rap around truns he does,,,, sick kite did you take the shape from the internet and then blow it up on the copy maker. you got to show us your shape.

john maui

justin i think hugh got that from the inter net

BUILD IT YOUR SELF ,I DID

owner of maui rc surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no waves on maui ,, so lisa went to the races

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt58467.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	335.9 KB 
ID:	1699004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt62481.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	1699005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hn25285.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	1699006  

owner of maui rc surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sweet, is she still in one piece?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Maui Boyz newest board.

Ray
    www.raybayer.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice Hawaiian Style,

Lisa goes land surfing. What is she riding? I guess I'll take Lisa flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jaboman-  Hey, that is about the size boards guys are trying to ride, But they have to use paddles cause the board is so big their arms can't reach  the water.  

John-  Lets hope the surf cleans up soon !!!   To funny Bra !!!

Aloha, Karl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC Hawaiian

I was looking at the Channel Islands web site(I like those boards for some reason) and was reading the reviews of the various boards when I came across the 'Fort Knox' It looked good for our purposes: fast board, holds rail well, deep bottom turns, flat to under front foot,vee out the back(I did not put in the double concave set into the vee between the fins and out the back)...maybe next time, gotta think how to do that???

Round Pin version is often used as a step-up for good waves.

Designed for waist to double overhead....

Then I read about Taylor, being inducted into the 2011 surfing hall of fame, from Carlsbad (15 miles from where I live), I was sold.

So; 'ol man Goggle, has every image you can imagine...found one with the outline and rocker profile...

a trip to kinkos(you can print from a usb thumb drive now) and for the price of a six-pack(ok, a sixpack of good imported beer)
    I had the template and rocker profile for a 36" Channel Islands Fort Knox.
    (actualy this is the template I made for the 'k step up'...I did not take any photos of the process when I made the Fort Knox template.)

Went home and transfered them to 1/8th particle board (old habit from kite making). Remembering to check the templates for symmetry(get it close for now )...just sprayed some adhesive and stuck it to the board.

Rough cut it out and some sanding and a little while later:
    You can see the lines I have drawn on the paper, fine tuning the symmetry of the template.
    Actually there are two sets there. In the first you can see the differences in symmetry...and the the second set shows the result of some selective sanding.

I know that this is probably going overboard...when almost any shape or variation will work....but from kite building I learned that the more things you do right the better chance of a fantastic end product.

Everyone wanted to design there own fighter kite something they could call there own...I always made the classics...the current Indian Fighter kite has been around for 700 years, i think they had the geometry down, (I mean what does that 'Al Merrick' guy know anyways?)
    I merely applied the space age materials to the construction of the classic designs, and then flew the **** out of them. the gains in power to weight made has them awsome! 'ol Raj Malotra can be proud of his 700 year old kite.

These RC Surfer models are hand made and there will always be variations...but I would like to think JIMI was wrong way back when, when he said that the biggest drawback from custom building was that no two models would surf the same... I know that after I worked out the tweaks/upgrade in production, I could build a dozen Indian Fighter kites and they all flew the same. This IS more complicated, but not by much.

Anyways,your template is ready to go!

Had some free time and pumped one out just for fun.

Put that template on a freshly skinned surfboard, traced the outline, then traced that rocker outline on both sides after you have rough cut the blank out...Shape away.(sorry forgot to take those photos...got all excited and then I was all covered in foam dust you know.)

ummm beautiful...
    just have to learn to keep my hands clean[:@]

Here is a photo I made in Photoshop....

Looks like I am a little off...could be the angles of my photography...will try to take a better photo...if not I know I will have to tweak the pattern to get it just right...just the way I am[&:]

Have been watching YouTube of him and the board...that carve back to the wave(you called it 'round house rap around turns' ....SICK, I can feel that carve in my gut when he does it sweet. (I'm hoping its all board)

Found a couple other boards I would like to do....here we go again...I have templates for fighterkites from 11 different countries and in several sizes...good thing the shaping/glassing part is not too expensive and so much fun to do.

This last glass job (my third) was my best yet...just have to keep my hands clean....

Anyways, Thought you guys would like to see what I'm up to. Boards will be on the water soooon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW! Nice fast track and shaping Kitemon!

While working on some plan shapes for a custom board myselfI am a bit concerned with the tail rocker on that design, when nailing the throttle I am most concerned, maybe I'm wrong, too new to this.

How soon will your first design be ready to surf?

Would like to meet up and check it out!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well... I wasn't happy with my second attempt,will finish it out, just to discover how many more mistakes I can make along the way. so 1 more guinea pig...I am watching the glue dry on lead ballast right now, will glass in the morning...so I haven't lost much time. Cutting and digging out the hatch is kinda fun.
    I am waiting on a bunch of stainless bolts I ordered from Bolt Depot.com...West Marine just robs you! For twice what I paid for the eight bolts,nuts, wingnuts.....I got 100 pieces of each...just have to wait until Friday for delivery.

Good thing is that the rejects can be scavenged, just lose a little cloth and resin along the way.

I'm coming up on a pretty busy period for work...day after Christmas until the Monday after New Year(Tuesday this year) is just a 'zoo' at work. so that's out. Hope to get some initial testing done during that time...but who knows, could be working a lot if the weather is nice.

January looks like the time...to hit the big stuff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice job Kiteman!! I reshaped a few full size boards in a past life.
    I'd love to see the test runs I'm not far up the coast and could shoot stills and video if you need.
    Justin-san

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No doubt nice job!
    Got a shaper on fire here in So CA USA!
    Hope you get some gear in these, would love to join with Justin and he knows his way around a camera!

More pics as you progress Kitekook, pioneering new CR Surfer designs right here at our back door!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Saildoggie and Justin,

It is a lot of fun.

I was just watching one of the Channel Islands Team Riders that rides the Fort Knox...Kanoa Igarashi...14 year old from Huntington Beach... has that same wicked 'round house rap around' that Taylor is famous for....God I hope its the board...I want some of that! [8D]

Need to start working on the Helmet Cam...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

kite man

that is what i am talking about , you went from joe to pro over night ,, i cant believe you have the board rocker to ,the shape is perfect . can you make a taylor knox surf figure cant wait to see that

great job A+ john maui

owner of maui rc surfer

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Excellent Boards Are Progressing For Sure.

With That Said, I suggest we change the title of the "So-Cal" Bro-Down to: "U.S." Rc Surfer Bro-Down 2012 Event #1
    and schedule it around Maui Crews Travel Plans Near San Clemente.

Curly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All

Wow you guys have been Busy on the forum since i went missing i been doing a few things just not a lot of surf at the mine site i currently working on
    there was a river for a while but now its all dried up

So things i been doing i actually Built a Jet Boat and now i thinking of making a surfer with the same Drive Unit

Also Built myself a 1/8 Electric Truggy lot of fun in the Desert on 6s it does around 65 MPH

any way Have a good Xmas and see you all on the flip side

Dan,
    MOD IT LIKE A MAD MAN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hugh's build #4 - Stealth rc surfer.
    Here are a few teaser shots of what's on my work bench.
    All carbon board laminated, surfer deck lid laid up, surfer dude hanging up to dry, stealth keel secured
    More pictures after next few stages.

Maui expected to be overhead advisory levels in over the next 3 days.
    All charged up and ready for some thrashing!

Name:	Mj24453.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	1700249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xt60041.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	1700250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl20485.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	1700251  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow Hugh, that is unreal!

Must be nice having that talent as well as acess to those materials and prcoesses!

The dude looks great too, still pondering how I'm gonna shape one for my custom build in the near future.

Anybody ever shape a board out of Blue insulating Foam? Have made boats from it in the past that worked out great, it is cheap and shapes well andI can laminate stringers whereI want them no problem!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Iceman- Whatdoes the jetdrive looklike ? Who maks it ?Do you have links or photos? Thanks Aloha, Karl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey boys

if any of you guys have 12v transmitters that take a flat pack 8xAAs, you should grab some of these turnigy tranmitter lipos they are unreal

I just soldered a plug on the transmitter and took out 2 springs inside the compartment and they fit perfect. they last way longer then rechargable AA's.

Name:	Tr50970.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	1700364  
    Goldcoast Rc surfers
    http://goldcoast********s-com.webs.com/
    youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CananziRc/videos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and cost less than 8 decent aa's, just dont leave tx on, no lipo cutoff. ive been using 1000mah and they last ages.

nothing to report from me no shaping surfing fixing, hopefully get a new board done over chrissy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dan good to see you back

john maui

owner of maui rc surfer

Saildoggie, the blue or white insulation foam isthe styrofoam or roofmate stuff. It is extruded polystyrene, I used it on my red and white custom board. it is not as good as PU or expanded polystyrene in term of lamination strengh but for what we need I think it does the job ok.

Just make sure you send it to a "not so smooth" surface finish before that you put your fiber and resin so that you will get a good grip on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Understood on the blue foam, used it forever to make wire cut airplane wings, it shapes nicely although can melt with the friction of power sanding, it laminates OK using light glass and epoxy.
    My first build is really a development board for a whole new concept so cheap and easy works as I could be trashing the first couple of designs after trials.
    I will be laminating two stringers into the "blank" I make to accomodate my planned development stuff.

Now to clean out the garage good enough to start a new project and find the couple of items I need to make it work!!

Wanted to RC surf today but the weather does not look cooperative.

Sound good to me,

Dan,
    any suggestion on the Jet Drive?

I was thinking about doing one, here is what the Gaupner stuff would look like on a standard board, first one could work but may be underpowered, second one would fit better on a custom board
    Karl you can find unit on the internet, the UK RC stores still have some I got mine from Cornwall, I am not sure if they are still produced but they are still there.

I wish I was not working overseas I could get my hands dirty.

Cheers

Name:	Qo40056.jpg 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	1701127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up49076.jpg 
Size:	289.4 KB 
ID:	1701128  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saildoggie,

Doheny was super small today. I went to check on the boat and watched it for a few, it was sunny and warm but flat, flat, flat.