Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 220 of 311 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 7764

Thread: RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Surfer

Post card delivery for the Maui Boyz....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39707.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	1801932   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bx74013.jpg 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1801933  

Bro rc Surfer

" freely sharing the STOKE ! "

Bro's RCU Custom Post : CLICK - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...om-boards.html
    YouTube Page : CLICK - http://www.youtube.com/user/formulaish
    facebook page: CLICK - https://www.facebook.com/Bro********

​'SEA - ING is BELIEV - ING'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stalyoni

Hey guys,

Im from Australia and I just purchased the venom bondi surfer girl. I was wondering if this is the same or a direct copy of the NQD surfing lisa. I got it cheap at $100 posted.

I have a SL2848 3900kv motor to put in it and ether a 55amp (no cooling) or a 70amp (water cooled) escs to put into it. I have ordered some parts from rcsurfrider.com. I got the motor coupler and single fin mod and some other things. Will this single fin mod work on the venom version?

I will also do the JIMI reverse rocker tail mod as well. Looks like this is a must do for the NQD surfing lisa to stop it skipping like a stone on the water.

I cant wait to get it now and ill put up some footage as soon as I can.

Is there any other current threads on rc surfers out there?

thanks

Brendon.
    Sorry Icouldn't answer your questions on arcplane mate, I'm in Botswana at the moment, the internet is real hit and miss out here in the Kalahari, arcplane won't load at all.Isee you sorted ya self out with a surfer.

The LHSIgot my NQD has sold out of em anyway.

I'm running a 27mm prop with 3900 on 3S, goes pretty well as you would have seen in the vid.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: YPC

Post card delivery for the Maui Boyz....
    Hey Dom, send some of that good stuff north mate, things are looking bleak up here mate. Only another five weeks of dust before I see the ocean again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi TGF.....

Please - if you ever pass through Cape Town......traveling home, let me know..... it would be goof to hook up. You can stay over at my place for a few days if you like.
    That is if you can handle 4 kids - 2 guinea-pigs - 1 snake - 2 chickens - plenty of ducks and geese -AND - my mom - in law pops over every so often.........LOL
    The Kalahari can get 'very dry' although Botswana is beautiful...albeit without the ocean, I spent part of my 10 year SADF military service up North, during the Border War period.

Now that I have settled on 'my board design' I am surfing 'more often'........really enjoying the STOKE of it all. Its quite a challenge establishing a decent ride on each wave. The depth of field factor is critical on a few planes. You have the wave traveling toward you, the board depth position within the wave trough, as well as the boards height position, up and down the wave face. Co-ordinating all of these positions from a distance 'in the sweet spot' is what makes it 'a real challenge' and 'a thrill' When it all culminates into a 'good move'........ and you get the WOWS! from a few spellbound spectators on the beach......its cool !

Lisa -Marie has recently had more spare time and is really been enjoying the 'filming' which has been a huge bonus for me......its great to be able to watch each session wave by wave......I have learnt 'allot' from watching my rides over and over a few times. I have a few moves that I really enjoy and a few in mind that I am working on. I prefer to ride a wave, looking to pull a particular move/moves, rather than riding a reactionary routine. Much of my recent surf sessions have been 'on-shore'ish'...so the wave quality has not been their...yet it is still great fun and good practice for the 'better days'.....

Hope the time 'fly's by so that before you know it you are 'back home'.........take care up their !

Bro ********

Bro rc Surfer

Bro's RCU Custom Post : CLICK - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...om-boards.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I may just make a trip your way Dom, I'm working a 6/3 roster until at least the end of Feb 2013.

I can see your skilsl have been improving with more water time. When watching RC Surfer vids, it's real easy to tell who is a surfer and whos not. It's all in the approach and the lines drawn on the wave face for setting up each move, and the next move down the line. Easy for those of us who know how, not so easy if you've never surfed before.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey TGF.......it would be 'something' having you down in the Cape for a few rc Surf sessions.....if we can plan it I can make sure I have a board for you to shred .......

Bro ********

Bro rc Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool mate, see what I can organise.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

stalyoni

great deal , it seems like some new rides coming out,, never heard of the venom blondie can you show us a pic

trippergreenfeet good to hear your post we have questions for you about lipos ,,, what makes them swell and how can you stop it from happening ,, thank you

maui john
    BUILD IT YOUR SELF ,I DID

owner of maui rc surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Howzit MJ.........did you throw my Postcard out with the 'junk mail' ?.............

Hugh was expecting some 'surf' in Maui........any luck ?

My input to the Lipo ?

Lipos generally get hot and swell from 'to great a discharge draw down' Brice stated he had 3000mAh 20C cells - that would be at best a 60Amp discharge capacity. depending on the performance of his board -a 60A discharge rate may well be to low,remembering that as the battery amperage reduces so too does the discharge draw capacity, creating a exponential curve in heating up - he is also running the extended trim tab aft, which will produce major drag/load.
    To much grease in the stuffing tube can also be a 'unnecessary' load - a poorly aligned drive shaft ( even flex-shafts ) as well as to big a prop.........

Plastic production boards !

I have never held a plastic molded rc Surfer in my hands - only recently seen some footage of a 'stock board" running in the surf. I found these videos on YouTube whilst researching prices and relative performance expectations for friends who were hoping for a 'cheaper option'. If this is as good as the stock production board gets "out of the box" I am amazed that some had the 'for-sight' to get them to where I have seen some of them running.....

I am no longer surprised when folk say they get them 'so cheap'......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoqWiHyjqE[/youtube]

This video has the Venom Jetski for the first 1:13 .....then the Bondi Surfer girl

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpi0jCTykMQ[/youtube]

Mr Espeland testing Bondi Girl on a perfect beach day in Norway................

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_seE2JtmIk[/youtube]

Dare I say........watch out for imitations........

Bro ********.

Bro rc Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trippergreenfeet

Hey guys,

Im from Australia and I just purchased the venom bondi surfer girl. I was wondering if this is the same or a direct copy of the NQD surfing lisa. I got it cheap at $100 posted.

I have a SL2848 3900kv motor to put in it and ether a 55amp (no cooling) or a 70amp (water cooled) escs to put into it. I have ordered some parts from rcsurfrider.com. I got the motor coupler and single fin mod and some other things. Will this single fin mod work on the venom version?

I will also do the JIMI reverse rocker tail mod as well. Looks like this is a must do for the NQD surfing lisa to stop it skipping like a stone on the water.

I cant wait to get it now and ill put up some footage as soon as I can.

Is there any other current threads on rc surfers out there?

thanks

Brendon.
    Sorry IÂ*couldn't answer your questions on arcplane mate, I'm in Botswana at the moment, the internet is real hit and miss out here in the Kalahari, arcplane won't load at all.Â*IÂ*see you sorted yaÂ* self out with a surfer.

The LHSÂ*IÂ*got my NQD has sold out of em anyway.

I'm running a 27mm prop with 3900 on 3S, goes pretty well as you would have seen in the vid.

yeah i did see your video. I ended up ordering a venom bondi surfer girl which i believe is a direct clone of the NQD surfing lisa.

Where did you get the 27mm prop from or it is just the stock one? Also what size is the drive shaft on the venom or nqd, is it 4mm? Does it have a drive dog on the end?

Does your 120a esc get hot cause im going to get a 70a hk one with a 5am ubec and ill use a 4000mah 3s

Just want to get all my parts before she comes.

thanks for your reply mate, hope all is well.

thanks Brendon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gotta say I was a little star struck...the man himself!...I think he had a crush on Nikki...I know she has one on him!
    KiteK - Nice work having a chat with King Kelly while you RC Surf and film at the same time!!! Amazing. Was he picking his nose?
    That video shows how awesome your Divas are surfing - really impressive - Are you sticking with #18 or do you already have plans for board #19?????
    ********s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maui John, I could bore you to death with theory on Amps, C ratings, discharge....blah, blah, blah, so I won't go there. 

Firstly there is the care of the lipo, stick to the 20% rule, although 30% is best for long lipo life, get a Quanam Telemetry system from HK, best $50 you will ever spend for lipo care. Don't over discharge, don't leave lipos discharged or fully charged for more than a week at a time and store charge them for the down time between sessions. Then store them in a fridge when not in use, it's amazing how just sitting in a warm spot can make the chemistry deteriate.

Basically for this kind of high Amp draw, you want the highest C rating you can afford, 65C would be best. I hav'nt got any for my surfer yet, running 35C but I use 65C in my helis, kick ar$e over the lower C ratings I've used before. Anything under 45C will get hot and puffy before long, the 35C's I'm using come out hot and puffed every time, although they had a tough previous life as heli power.

Then there is correct electrics choice, especially the ESC, better to go overkill than run on the limit of an ESC's specs. Good soldering of course and connector choice, EC5 is best for high amp draw.

And a smooth, free running mech setup as Dom stated, any kind of friction will in turn cause high amps, high temps and hot, puffed lipos. In a heli for example, if the pinion and main gear have no backlash (generally speaking, some helis require no backlash), it can increase temps all round by 30-40%, reduce run time by 25% and Amps go through the roof.

I guess the last thing is get a good charger, the cheap ones charge alright but they don't do the fine balancing needed for longevity. Anything from Hyperion, Thunder Power, Powerlab PL series are the best choices. Balance charge every time, some people will tell you it's not important for every charge but for long life, it's the best method.

Stalyoni, the 27mm prop is stock but HK have the 27mm props in stock. The shaft would be 3.17mm from memory, and it has a dog but it's just a crap plastic female type fixed to the end of the drive shaft.

The 120A speedie runs stone cold every time, 70A might be pushing the limit there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Howzit Barrels.........its been a while since you paddled into RCU, we have been having some great sessions here..

I have often wondered how your Maui Fish build turned out.......

TGF - to add to your info - a sure sign that a battery is not meeting its demand is 'heat'.....I use a heat sensor gun to check the batt temp after each run. My batts end a run at 35 degrees C - I can run my batts as low as 90% - "AS LONG AS THEY ARE ABLE TO REMAIN COOL"

Most calculate the 'discharge rate capacity at a full mA charge - I calculate it at my estimated lowest discharge capacity.

If I am using a 5800mAh 35C battery - I calculate I will use 5000mA's leaving me with 800mA's in reserve at the end of a run. 800mA's X 35C = 28A's - which is still within the batteries discharge rate capacity if I am drawing an average of 18A's.
    If I used a 5000mAh 20C battery and ran it down to 1000mA's - that would give me 20% less run time, but still be in the safe zone, having 20A's discharge capacity reserve.

The PROBLEM will come if I run that 5000mA pack past 80% - exponentially the discharge capacity will decrease rapidly as the remaining mA's x C amp rating will be less than the motors amp draw - straining the battery - generating massive heat and swelling - causing major DAMMAGE.

From much of the info been passed around, I have established 'a rough' rule of thumb to establish Watts draw for the rc Surfer by weight. i.e. 2kg's = 200W - 3 kg's = 300 watts etc.that is ensuring that all other factors are within spec like a smooth running shaft assembly - correct prop - no extreme rocker.

So - for a 2kg board running a 3s the average Amp draw would be 18A's
    - for a 3kg board running a 3s the average Amp drwa would be 28 A's (33% more draw)

Based on the current mAh batteries available on the market ( 5000 - 6000 mAh) - to achieve a safe 15 -20 minute run time - I would recommend that when a board goes over the 25Amp draw down ( weighs more than 2.5 kg's) that one goes for 4s battery pack combo - this will reduce the Amp draw down to ( 250W / 14.4) = 17.4 Amps.
    Staying as close to 20amp draw will afford you the longer and safer run times.

For those who dont know how to calculate your 'current' Amp draw.
    Run at least three equal quality battery packs for an accurate10 minutes, in an average surf session. Note the amount of mA's used from each battery. Add the three quantities together -divide the total by three -realizing the average mA's used for the 10 minutes.

Multiply the avearge used Ma's by 6 ( 6 x 10minutes ) = Total mAmps used per hour.

e.g 3000mA's X 6 = 18000mA's = 18 Amps per hour draw. be sure to have a battery that has the capacity to deliver 20Amps at its end discharged point.

5000mAh 20C 80% used = 4000mA's /1000mA's remaining = 1000mA's X 20C = 20Amps

If you use a higher C rated pack you can use more of the packs amps, in the eg below- up to 90%

5000mAh 50C 90% used = 4600 mA's /400mA's remaining = 400mA's x 50C = 20Amps (you will enjoy 20% 'more run time' with the this pack)

Phew !............not as simple as waxing a board and paddling out........LOL

Bro ********

Bro rc Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maui finally delivers some waves....
    Here's a few teaser pictures while I sort thru more.
    South shore session "The Point", dropping tide, 2-4ft faces, larger waves delivered very fast lefts...
    Jacques, John & Hugh riding.

Name:	Qo39128.jpg 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	1802422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To43364.jpg 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	1802423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pu51655.jpg 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	1802424  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More of Monday on Maui:
    John catching all the waves but sharing some with Hugh's new 26" long "Titah"

Name:	Tr49669.jpg 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1802425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn40860.jpg 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	1802426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hm23030.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	1802427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Le93101.jpg 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1802428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oz30138.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	1802429  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ne56216.jpg 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	1802430  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More of Monday on Maui - hope I am not boring you all....?

Name:	Ge95188.jpg 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	1802432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jf11563.jpg 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	1802433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va73351.jpg 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	1802434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cw63896.jpg 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	1802435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ep85560.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1802436  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Maui Boyz are back ............

Very nice looking swell - clean - glassy faces........the new Maui boards are shredding.

Hugh I really like your babes 'posture' on the wave face.....you have got it spot on..

How do your two boards boards compare ?

Hope to see some video footage soon.....

Keep em comig........if anyone gets bored....they are in the wrong forum ..........

Bro ********

Bro rc Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maui - Jacques surfer dude lost his footing on set of the day, John paddled out on Hugh's Ben Aipa to retrieve - while Jacques continued to surf board only......

Name:	Bz77030.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1802443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq51700.jpg 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	1802444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot46958.jpg 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	1802445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fz73707.jpg 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	1802446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hs96821.jpg 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	1802447  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maui John showing us how to jump a wave

Name:	Ec87426.jpg 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	1802448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id97864.jpg 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1802449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Io28755.jpg 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	1802450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ng10372.jpg 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	1802451  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Same Maui Monday
    This shows you how fast the set waves were breaking.

Bigger swell on Wed or Thursday - getting all the toys ready!

Name:	Us52616.jpg 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	1802452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36744.jpg 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	1802453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Af90190.jpg 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1802454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ic83975.jpg 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	1802455  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Same Maui Monday
    John showing end of a good ride
    Bigger swell on Wed or Thursday - getting all the toys ready!

Name:	Pn35817.jpg 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	1802456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn42432.jpg 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	1802457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ye84369.jpg 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	1802458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tn32890.jpg 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	1802459  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks so much tripper.

Just ordered a hk 190-200 boat esc and a 3a ubec from the HK aussie wharehouse.

Do you think my zippy 3s 4000mah lipos will fit in it? I have a few of them.

Do you think the little 2848 3900kv would handle a 4s?

Anyways I will have to wait to see when it gets here whats going on with it as im just going off what others have been saying.

I will be using the hk300 tx and rx combo. Should be able to dial it right in with this tx.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dom - Hugh has no feedback to compare the twin boards yet.......
    I only surfed the 26" board with the normal keel on Maui Monday
    Board surfed well on the smaller waves - but I feel that I need more nose & nose rocker in the board.

I will be using the Vee board on the next swell
    Need to ride lots of waves to give it a true test - will let you know

Just hear on the news that Hawaii North Shore could have 10ft waves Sunday/Monday
    NOW we are talking rc SURFING

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks so much tripper.

Just ordered a hk 190-200 boat esc and a 3a ubec from the HK aussie wharehouse.

Do you think my zippy 3s 4000mah lipos will fit in it? I have a few of them.

Do you think the little 2848 3900kv would handle a 4s?

Anyways I will have to wait to see when it gets here whats going on with it as im just going off what others have been saying.

I will be using the hk300 tx and rx combo. Should be able to dial it right in with this tx.
    The 4000's will fit with a little bit of cut and shut work if the Venom (I haven't seen one) is a direct copy of the NQD, take out the ribs under the lid. You will need to put some CFspars to stiffen the lid back up.

4S will be too much for the 3900, it's at its upper limits on 3S. Ihave the TC maxed out at 75-80% from memory,above that the prop cavitates.

Ihave the same HKTX, it's all good, way more than ya need for a surfer. I do want to try and use reverse programming though, use it to stall for barrels and such. That's the hardest part of operating these little dudes, ya end up with too much speed for tubes sometimes, it would be great to be able to stall just like the real deal.