Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 PM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

K-H2o

tape tear paint job,, unreal ,,now i can see it from a mile away,, Karl ,, your radio is almost to much for my little brain,, the stick up to the knob tilts the man ,,but the knob turns the fin,,,,??? And the trigger is in the back,, i have never seen a radio like that,,,,,, space age is here

mj

Old 10-30-2012, 08:50 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Ya Karl !
Crazy set up, Should be Epic.
It's hard enough for me to dial in turns & Throttle
on a simple 2 channel pistol grip.

One question for the Big Board Custom Pro Builders.

I'm running .150 flex cable, are you guys running .187 Cable ?
I'm using a step down from 3/16 to 1/8 for my props due to the size of the board.

If you are running .187 the prop must be 3/16 ?
That's some power...

Bless The East Coast, especially NY Subway System, They got way too much salt water at hand...

Old 10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
K-H2o

Curls-Thanks bra !! It is a bit of a challenge to do the hula with the guy and do the other 2 functions but you can get it down with a little practice, notas hard as it was with a 2 stick radio. I use a 4mm(.157")solid shaft and itjurnals down to 1/8" Dia.for the prop.But the Boys got bigger stuff. KH

Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 PM
InDaTube

Hello to all.....
I'm new to this forum but not new to surfing. I started surfing at the age of 12 in 1961. Lot's of surfboards, repairs, inovation and tinkering.
I have surfed many places all over the world........... RC Surfing is Surfing, without a doubt!!!!!

I learned the hard way about this great radio and letting it come in contact with salt water!!!!
I didn't dunk it...... just a few splashes and it slowly died. First the screen and programming started to get twitchy. On the third go out it failed completly.

Because of it's great performance, range, quick binding and easy programming, I went and got a replacement. Armed with the keen knowledge of it's adversion to salt water, I have adopted a "radio held high" awareness when bring my Dude to shore.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 PM
InDaTube

Thanks to all for the Birthday post......

I'm really looking forward to MJ's next trip to San Clemente!!!!
I hope we can all get together and share the stoke of surfing our Dudes together.
I was out at Doheny Sunday afternoon. Had a crowd of 10+ at times watching InDaTube Dude ripping on the small but fun waves.......

Thanks again......
Old 10-31-2012, 02:10 AM
bearcave

The big improvement is the new custom builtsingle stick 2.4 GHz, pistel grip 3 or 4 axis radio. The stick has rudder by twist on the knob andcontrol of the Dude and a 4th ( elevator) control with the stick movement. Throttle is on the trigger in rear. Hopefully give her a test tomarrow. Welcome to to the new guys !! Aloha, Karl

K-H2o.... faark me says the crow or blackbird (without the me,I think they just go faaaark... faark.. fark)...... I knew you were heading this way well done.. fark me!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
RC Surfer

ORIGINAL: K-H2o

The big improvement is the new custom builtsingle stick 2.4 GHz, pistel grip 3 or 4 axis radio. The stick has rudder by twist on the knob andcontrol of the Dude and a 4th ( elevator) control with the stick movement. Throttle is on the trigger in rear. Hopefully give her a test tomarrow. Welcome to to the new guys !! Aloha, Karl

Love this! The next generation of RC Surfing will be a four channel radio. Iwas going to just use a dual stick radio but this might be a better way to go (a lesser learnig curve) for a project I've been thinking about the last few years and lately I haven't been doing much but taking care of family, my brother had cancer and passed last Friday so now I can move on and get back into my RC thing! maybe able to hook up with you and MJ in SC, Anyways good to see things still coming from outside the Box!! Good job Karl!
Later Dudes BB
Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 PM
kitekook

It took me three weeks....but I finally finished my latest projects.

As you may remember, I ran a couple batteries through the Maui******** I own and was not happy with the performance of my 'curent' boards(all since retired by the way) So I set out to build 2 new boards.

That was way back on October 10...Today we hit the water!

This is Johnny Aloha...

A 26 inch Maui Speedie.

His board is 8 1/2 inches wide and it weighs 6.2 lb RTS

XK3665-B-2300 Turnigy motor
120A Swordfish ESC
.150 flex cable driving a X432 Octura Prop
Futaba BLS 451 Servo
FCS Style Kalama Bullet Single fin

5000mAh 4s lipo

With exception of the Radio(I used the FlySky GT3B)...This is the same setup I use on my larger 34 in boards...

Here he is in ACTION!

I needed something for the 1-3 foot days...The Divas like big Surf and would rather have margaritas and not get wet!

His Goofy stance kinda twisted my brain some...kind like when I use my left hand on the touch screen computers for fun at work...

He ran good! and Run times were long...I ran one battery in Speedie and another in the SeaHorse...5.99GB of Stills! 1488 images...Two batteries!

I need more SD Cards!

I also had video going...it shows :20 and :24 minutes for the two runs.

Towards the end of the Second battery...

PK shows up with his new Camera gear...

It seems they are forcing him to use new gear!

WOW! wouldn't that be nice.

He had the new Canon 5D mk 3,

Go Pro 3...they aren't even out yet to you and me!,

and a new water housing for his Iphone.

PK did the video of Tina last winter...can't wait to see what he comes up with today!

We shot for about a half hour...the end of Melika's battery and a full battery for Johnny.

I took off the Helmet Cam at the battery change.

I leave you with tonights' romantic Sunset at WindanSea...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 PM
K-H2o

Kite- Looks really cool bra !! I like the nose rocker. I want to see how thatworks comparedto your previous boards . Please give us an update when you have some time on the new ones. Having a good amount of nose rocker cansometimes cause the nose to go under (Pearl) more,because when the curve goes in the water it slowes the board down causing more weight to be thrust forward. pushing the noes down even more. It all depends on how you do it.
RC Surfer-Sorry to hear about yourbrother!! Hope you are doing good with it.Thanksfor the compliment on theradio. I was using a 2 stick for a couple years but this is more intuitive for the surfer.

Aloha, Karl
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 AM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

bad billy

god bless you and your family..

kitespeedey looks good waiting for the vid,,,,, dam he is a goofy footer
Old 11-01-2012, 06:38 PM
kitekook

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDEVSjwgTHA&feature[/youtube]

Many thanks to Peter King for making us look way better than we really are.

Here are some stills he sent along with the video:

I wish we had a pro like him along with us all the time!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
surfcurls
Banned

BB:
Sorry to hear the news. Be Well, Keep in touch ...

Kite:
Crazy Footage From "PK" He is a Surf Photog legend !
However, I think His Professional 'Eye'
makes you look just how it is, as that's how he captures those real moments of stoke
for the entire surfing world to witness, wherever and whatever he chooses to shoot.
It's awesome He is keen to spend some of his valuable time capturing Rc Surfing Stoke !

Like I said before, The Cat is out of the bag, when Surfing's True Pro Photographer's like Pete Hodgson(Go Pro Hawaii) and Peter King
Take notice, It's on !!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 AM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

kite pro

thats why we call you kite pro,, great job

maui john
Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 PM
powerpark
My Feedback: (1)

Kitekook Wow Great video. Great board. Really enjoyed the video. I use the same radio. Looks like the board handels very well.
Can we get a look inside the board?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
kitekook

Hey Guys...Yesterday went up to visit Bad Billy...the Dude needed a workout and I know BB loves to run that board.

we had a great time!

I had a chance to run the Sea Horse again..

Board ran great!

Switched off a couple times with BB...just to feel the differences...

Getting closer for sure...maybe the next one!

This is a familiar position for us....wait a minute!....that Surfer isn't gonna fall off.

Alas, had a motor bolt loosen up and next thing I knew I had water inside...[:@]

Busted out Speedie for the rest of the session...

He takes some getting used to after Surfing the bigger boards.

Being smaller...he is harder to see at distance...which way is he pointed?

Just have to stay closer to shore...unfortunately the tide was wrong for that...but we had fun anyways.

I shot video as well....you know I am spoiled again...my head mounted, bouncy, did I get lucky with the footage, attempts at video....all seem like a waste of time

I AM going to get one of those new GoPro's ...that was just too cool.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:05 AM
RC Surfer

Thanks so much Tom for the sesson it was a blast to run the Bad Apple for a couple hours got my mind off of things. Really learned alot about the bigger and badder home made boards got the stoke back in me! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes it helps! The last pic on your post was me showing the stoke I had all day with Kite
Later  Dudes BB
Old 11-03-2012, 08:07 AM
RC Surfer

Oh ya thanks MJ for making the Bad Apple and leaving it here!
BB
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 AM
bricedenice

very nice video and pictures, the quality is excelent !!

thanks.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM
powerpark

Anyone know how many Boards Kyosho sold?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:13 PM
YPC

Hey PP...if I took a wild guess......I'd say.........LOTS ! .......LOL

Lisa-Marie joined me on the beach this afternoon and 'captured' some more of Bro' just having FUN....really been enjoying this board.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USsf0WaT_r4[/youtube]

Bro ********. ...
Share the Stoke !
Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 PM
powerpark

Yea I thought alot too. But you dont find many for sale. Nice video. You have a cool place to surf. All the dunes are gone off my beach.
The storm washed them all into town. What a mess. You think global warming is causing the problem? Another storm is heading up the coast.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM
YPC

Hey PP......its really been 'sobering' seeing how Mother Nature can effect so many lives in only a brief few hours......our hearts go out to all who have been efected by the STORM.

As for 'if its global warming'.....I know most legal systems employ the' law of doubt'....to prove one's innosence...however - I reckon the 'powers that be' should rather employ the' law of possibility' and start acting fast to reduce carbon immisions, or such storms will surely become the norm........

Years back, when I lived up the East Coast - A famous Point break ' Vic Bay' had a storm tidal surge wash the entire beach away ( back into the ocean) - it was unbelievable to see - not a grain of sand in sight - just a massive rock bed.....it has taken years for the beach to return.

I'm back down to Fishoek beach this morning, to run a few more packs and to share the stoke with folk on the beach - I am building 'another' board and have two more guys building their own, with my guidence - so hopefully, soon, I will be sharing the STOKE with a few more locals.

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !
Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 AM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

ypc

great vid ,, at 43s seconds you did a sick rodeo flip and landed right in front of the wave,, perfect landing ,, big score for that move,, keep the good work up

maui john
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM
YPC

Howzit MJ.....thanks for the 'Rating'...

The 'Rodeo Flip' is a great move for a ********.....I'm getting it 'in the bag'.......that one turned out to be a 'double rotation' - Jordy Smith would be stoked with that.

For those who have not yet got it sorted - The trick is to come off the foot of the wave, set up the aproach aiming back at the lip, timming it just right to hit the lip as the lip breaks, snapping the rudder into a full lock whilst stabbing the power - to generate the 'lift' and 'rotation.......if all works out well.....You claim it !

Had a great morning and a great eveing sundowner session to-day............Fully STOKED !

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !

Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Color ?

Kite, MJ, YPC and others, here is a question.

How are you applying color to the Board.
Do you use acrylic paint on the foam and then glass over, or use pigment in the resin
or paint the board after glassed and use spray paint and a clear coat ?

I want to add color, but want to use UV resin. Can't use pigment in the UV resin as it blocks the cure process.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.