Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 AM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

hey bro i hear you but have no idea where to get a syringe....

Understandhow you do your studs from previous posts but thinkin this new epoxy mixing thing might be the go to pressurize injection... also now realise another positive aspect ofa high density foam blank.. hey!

Hear you on the stud alignment thing but when i say hollow out the hole i'm thinkin a few more layers of glass blending bending over the stud/sealing level into the electronic cavitygiving more deck to cavity strength...BUT then keeping the 4mm hole as is on deck... then taking the foam out underneath the maybe 4 layers of glass with a cutter then 100psi air....

Hole will still be 4mm with expansion of epoxy underneath the 4mm hole up top... prob seesome air bub situations happenin but extra glass and then epoxy around stud underneath a few layers of glass might work... maybe even eliminating a dreadrock style nut under glass scenario which btw i think is a great idea..

The little bits of everything worthwhile are the hardest bits of anything to get right hey and reckon the deck seal on an rc surfer is one of the hardest things to get right... hence my previous postedthoughts about the o ring type bead seal hopin for someone to say... 'Yeh dude i did this type trip on my seal and it worked great'

Anywayits raining lots here.. but tomorrow is not a work dayand/but it could be sunny and its just what i need to get some UV cure resin happenin...
Old 05-24-2013, 04:44 PM
dreadrock

G'day All, The deck bolt's that i've fixed have been done like Curls said.
BC if you haven't already, add some more glass around the top where the deck bolts are going, i didn't and i think that played a big part in bolts failing, that and more so my heavy hand when doing them up..lol. Since building it i've read a few posts about strengthening certain high stress area's and this 1 of them. I think the splash guard/rim is a great idea. As for the lid, a couple extra layers to reduce the flex can only help also as there will be a more even pressure on the seal. Have fun Cheers

Oh yeah i got a couple of syringes from the local Vet.....he was happy to sell em to me after i explained what i wanted them for
and definately mix the epoxy by hand first

Old 05-25-2013, 02:25 AM
YPC

Howzit BC - Curls - Dread & others......great pointers being shared...........If you don't get your seal sorted 100% you may as well not put it in the water !!!!

BC - Give me a shout if you would like a few plastic knurled nuts ......... souvenir from AFRICA !

Curls - any more V2 Pics.....love to see how the project is coming along.

Another PLUS with the deck rim - is that it supports the hatch all around its perimeter - preventing it from moving parallel to the housing surface - protecting the studs location further during impact.......

Bro'
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49053.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1885283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10417.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1885284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17356.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1885285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94817.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1885286  
Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 PM
YPC

A new PERSPECTIVE !

Take a look at this awesome product - It is so similar to what the rc Surfer looks like in the surf..back flips of the lip...power carves etc.......even the board looks 'float'er like..It allows one to break away from the rc Surfing perspective and lean more toward a rc Power Surfing perspective....which IMO is a truer presentation.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGTFcxAr7g[/youtube]
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Hughengland

A friend of mine has one & he says it's a blast, he's in the promo video (wearing Red Bull) filmed here & Oahu.
He says wind & kitesurfing is better....
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 AM
bearcave

Hi all enthusists

Cool jet thing vid.... saw a sick rail turnfrom 1.30 then a hot ass...stillwondering what ultimate ride the vid is describing but no doubt they are both expensive lol.....oops

Stud wise i re-checked out the mixing tube epoxys and apart from the sika type for nearly $20 the rest are low strength.... so gunna check out my local vet for a syringe.... might tell em i need it for bear anti-depressant as i'm finding it hard to catch a fish... then again might just tell em the truth and after they laugh lots might feel sorry for me and sell em to me cheap.... lol

hey dread and curls i hear your points but now thinkin even if the the stud is threaded with a head, its still relying on the epoxy gripping the foam otherwise is just a bigger epoxied stud pullin out.... !.... ?.... and yes maybe the injection of good epoxy into high density foam could be key point......
BUT puttin another layer of glass where the studs will be pullin through might be a good idea before i build any furthar.

Just sayin but reckon next bigger board i make will have a maui deck and a bead seal.... atm i can't fiberglass to save myself so makin a plywood deck rim varnished and eventually glued on.... yeh heaps extra time to make but being plywood may even give some more longitudinal rigidity for the hull as well as all the other good points a force barrier should acheive.

and as usual all is lookin good lookin outsidethe cave into ******** land..... bear

Name:	Ay75913.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1885540  
Old 05-26-2013, 01:20 AM
YPC

Good Points BC

Very neat hatch / rim match....

We purchase syringes from our local pharmacy ( off the shelf) all of $1 - use Epidermix 372 epoxy

Bro'
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Hey Ypc,

The V2 Is Now in Full Production / order fulfilment Mode. Thanks for asking.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 AM
YPC

Great news Curls !...........would love to 'sea' and hear more about it !......pictures / video's ........design.specs / details....

What does V2 stand for ?

Just finished a custom Shred'A' - built more specifically for Nimh batteries (7.2v - 8.4v) .....nice set up...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXKksF4ck94[/youtube]

Next:

Two float'ers to go to France and one Float'er for Mexico.........soon I'll have a day job.....LOL

Keep us posted ...
Bro'
Old 05-31-2013, 08:13 PM
surfcurls
Banned

The "V2" = Version 2.0 in tech talk.
Surfcurls has worked on most production boards (6 years) , We then looked at progress in R & D Overall, Custom Builds Included.
We Decided to put all the positives together, and eliminated the flaws to make a perfect Board.
Now We Have it ! Surfcurls Xt Pro V 2.

We're not going to bore anyone with Dimensions, Weights, Center Of Gravity, Pix, Fancy (edited) Video, Self Marketed Labels
and other Blah Blah.

We Just Make Boards That Perform...

I'll post one pic though

Name:	Xv63650.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1887395  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:16 PM
YPC

Bro Friday Session.........swell just to 'far out'.......!

Couldn't film or barely see Bro at the back line.......had to surf closer in........unfortunately.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zoJqObsLXA[/youtube]
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 AM
SHALLOWMINDED

NIB Kyosho Surfer Dude

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...320&electric=0
Old 06-02-2013, 07:00 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Kite Kook,

Just an FYI. You Mention Womberra Style a lot. If you are Talking about
Jason / Kyosho Hull methods, It's Actually Wombarra.
No Worries, and Your Welcome ...
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
powerpark
My Feedback: (1)

Working on my new cooling coil. The flow of the stock coil was too small. This 1/4 inch cooper flows a lot better. I have to cut and solder on tubes. Wish me luck!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 PM
powerpark
My Feedback: (1)

Got the pipes installed and plumbed up. I have to move the motor up a 1/4 of a inch. Cant wait to test it out.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 AM
bearcave

hi enthusiasts

Trawling the many ******** site's you may have recently noticed how well kite's new board with his very new pod replacement shapeis working so well
Kyosho WombarraJasonwhatever the pod shape kite is useing now is very close to the original pod shape created way back late 80's
Hawaiinstyle So Cal dudeshave their own shapes pod board wise which work very wellin the big waves too btw

Anyway....

Surfcurls
I am very slow at makin my board but with many years playin with the little ones triedto make a pod similar to the kyo.... i really wanted to make an extra big copy of the foamy kyo original but after seeing all there is out there decided on a hybrid... wether it works or not when eventualy finished is anyones guess buteven as a punter bear will eventuallyget some vids good or bad to show what happens.... and of all myboards wether anyone interested or not..... lol

but seriously i am very interested as no doubt many others are in how your new Versionis going....

If possible could you please post some vid of it.

bear
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Hey Bear,

I will post some pix soon ...
Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Hughengland

Here's some teaser pictures of Hugh's new swallow tail that MJ took with his Nikon a few weeks ago.
Had a goos session today so will post more pictures later.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Hughengland

Wednesday had a great session with Jock, MJ & Hugh.
We all had so much fun, we did not break out the camera until Hugh's last brick.
MJ using my Canon 60D with 200mm lens

Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Hughengland

Wednesday on my way home, I went to my secret spot where it was shallow & too windy.
Took a few shots to tease you all before tomorrow's session - something beautiful about an empty wave!
May have to take MJ there Thursday to shoot some tubes together before he leaves for CA.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Hughengland

Here's a small 3 shot seq

Old 06-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Hughengland

AND FINALLY one of my best waves of the morning - thanks MJ for capturing "the moment"

Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Hughengland

Thursday Maui session with MJ, Karl & Hugh - waves were kinda OK.
Here's a couple of shots of Karl - he arrived late when the waves dropped even more.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Jimi Findrix

Thanks for posting the cool pics Hugh.
Keeping me stoked while I am out of action.

Big or small surf Karl is still the King of Style.
My personal all time favourite RC Surfing Legend.

Winter swells have started hitting Gero fanned by fresh morning offshores,
all my favourite RC Surfing reefs are starting to fire up again.

Might have to tryto get out for a few classic sessions with Luke over the next couple of months.

Kite's new Quad fin set up looks fully sick, can't wait to see it in action.

Keep on ripping!

JIMI

OUTLAWS RC SURFING CLUB AUSTRALIA
Old 06-08-2013, 12:05 AM
YPC

Bro's Friday session

Many will say " I told you so !"............and - I will happily take it on the chin.....LOL. The 4s set up does cost 'that much more'......but for those who can afford it.......it is certainly well worth it.

The speed & power of the 4s set up is remarkably increased - my wave rate was so intense that Lisa-Marie could not keep up with tracking me........LOL The instant power available in the throttle is amazing - I need to adjust my timing a tad - but - I can see plenty of potential for some new 'flare' in my surfing.....power slides - 360's - triple rodeo's........white water floaters.....blasting past long close out sections.........big airs !

This video of almost 9 minutes long (grab a beer) Its an attempt to share with you the intensity of the awesome session I had yesterday. I was literally darting from wave to wave for 4 solid packs - surfing 2 - 4 ft face waves for 80 minutes.........simply put....it was "Absolutely Fun !............hope you enjoy it half as much as I did !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ljCkG1qcg[/youtube]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.