Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Old 08-18-2013, 05:58 AM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks ,, its been awhile since i have finished a board , CA has lots of potential rc surfers ,, great to see all of you guys still ripping it up,,waves 1to 2, i will show some pics of him surfing soon

thanks again,,,, MJ
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM
YPC

Default Big Surf Sunday : Bro showing Credence..

Surf popped up and out of the ocean today - awesome consistent 4- 6 ft face waves.. with a few plus ones in between....had an absolute blast.Bro demonstrating that he is 'tough to the core'...punching through a few seriously thick lips and landing a few huge airs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GEwCkDUPV8 Be reminded : Pushing play is totally optional !..
Old 08-18-2013, 07:24 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Cool

Hi Randy,

I got the pleasure to meet your son at Bro down #1. If he still needs a sponsor I'm in, But I think MJ already signed him ...

My Figure is glass over foam, I initially used epoxy on the deck to foot with a lay up of 2 layer 6 oz with lam rez.
It's strong, but I want a better look to it.

Since I decided to make my own boards, it has been a truly fun experience.
I have SO MUCH RESPECT for ALL Builders. The Sanding / Shaping / Glassing / Fitting.

I recall a newbie was going to use velcro to mount a figure, and sell them at $499
I guess a little R & D goes a long way ...

Favorite Pic Of My Daughter and Me:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Marisa pic surf #2 002.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	1910456  

Last edited by surfcurls; 08-19-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:09 PM
RC Resinator

Thanks Curls,
My son really enjoyed that day! I gave him the orange model, it is ugly but it rips! He has not pulled in to a tube yet, but he is close!
I like the way you are mounting your surfers, Fiberglas is a great option.
Velcro, I never thought of that!
Freedom to innovate is the ticket to progress
Rc resinator
Old 08-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Jimi Findrix

Yeah Curls, I think it was your post with the big quote about the word "Redundant" from the dictionary that was also deleted.

Maybe the part about how your "Soft" something showed some guys videos to be edited and slowed down to hide the fact that his boards bounce around a lot was the reason.

Not sure.

JIMI
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Jimi Findrix

Is theregonna be a Bro-Down session this year?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A number of posts have been removed recently. Several off topic and several instigating posts.

One member is continuing to disregard what has been asked of him - it defies logic.

Please keep your posts on topic and in the supportive spirit this forum deserves.

If you have any issues with any member it should be addressed with me - not the forum.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 AM
YPC

Default Favourite.. Move !

Kite was sharing 'his preferred riding style', on his thread this morning, after watching my previous video..more the carving - in the pocket type style...I also like to get in the zone as often as I can - but - most of the beach break waves I surf are quite erratic in shape and peel...tending often to pop up most any where along the line....calling for some fast - on the throttle - surfing at times.

Actual modern surfing has also changed it's style nowadays - with the more x-treme - big air type moves being scoring the big 10 to take major comps..

Of all the moves - the 'Rodeo Flip' has to be my favourite - pulled on any size of wave form 1- 6 ft - every one is like the first - just awesome..

The trick is to get 'under the lip'...at a 45 degree trajectory - power/blast through the lip - to throw you ahead of the wave...its a timing move..but once you have the knack ...its a real crowd pleaser....

I edited these Rodeo Flips from the above session....enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjpOpfyp9SQ
Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Jimi Findrix

Hey Dom,

That is some crazy S***, not much old school style but Gumby sure can take a lot of punishment.

Careful mate, with all that editing and slow mo stuff you will get the Doc over excited and then he will start playing with his "Soft" little thingy again.

Please post 1 unedited normal speed vid, just for "The Editor", come on man, show us your Gumby bouncing. LOL.

JIMI
Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 AM
YPC

Thanks JIMI....yeah !..new millennium style surfing...2000 plus stuff !...EXTREME !...down the line - look for that fat lip...and....just smack it...real hard..hold on for the take off !....real fun !

Back then folk spent time 'on the wave'...nowadays... they look to spend time .off the wave..in the air..its what wins competitions !!! Even long boarders are getting big air now...

About the video:

Other than the various obvious slow mo' sections ...it's all real time....some what 'unreal' ..I know ...!

Detecting real time play:

Something to listen out for in my EDITED video's ...is the voices in the back ground behind the music. For the most of it you can hear the patter.chatter...in real time...when I slow it down in sections to emphasize a move...the sound either fades out or you can hear dragged out slurd speech..its very easy to discern ...no Soft (ware) required...

Will post a few snip bits for the crits !

Last edited by YPC; 08-19-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 AM
YPC

Default UN-REAL rcSurfing IN-REAL Time !

Howzit JIMI...!...and 'others'

This is what the video footage looks and sounds like... straight from the camera....I tried to include snip bits of footage.. which is in the above video's ....so that it can be compared.....for 'authenticity !...

You have to admit - the edited stuff is just so much better to enjoy...worth the bother...plus.... Lisa-Marie talks way to much ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGPMBIplO3o Founder member of the : Un-Real ********s Club...

Last edited by YPC; 08-19-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Jimi Findrix

Has anyone seen a V2 in the surf yet?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Hughengland

Dom,
Great rc surfing, you have no idea how fortunate you are to get such good consistent clean waves.
Your board & surfer work just great as seen by all your videos.
I have yet to see anyone come close to shooting quality & quantity than your wife does - KUDOS.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 PM
YPC

Originally Posted by Hughengland
Dom,
Great rc surfing, you have no idea how fortunate you are to get such good consistent clean waves.
Your board & surfer work just great as seen by all your videos.
I have yet to see anyone come close to shooting quality & quantity than your wife does - KUDOS.
Howzit Hugh......Thanks for the the KUDOS..I'm going to save and print this post -then frame it in my workshop ..in means allot to us both. especially coming from you ..+10

Cape Town 'fortunately' ..being a cape..( land jutting out into the ocean) well position into the open ocean - has mostly always got a spot receiving swell with off-shore wind conditions....

Winter is great for me - as the low pressure brings the southern swells into False Bay (on my door step) -blown clean by the predominant NW - just very cold mostly...

And YES ! - you are so right.. - I am 'very' fortunate to to live in beautiful Cape Town - and have a very willing wife who just loves filming Bro for me......

We love Sharing the STOKE !....
Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 PM
YPC

Default Bro Down in South Africa !

Originally Posted by Jimi Findrix
Is theregonna be a Bro-Down session this year?
We would 'love to' host a ******** Bro-Down in Cape Town - South Africa ...sometime. ..

Cape Town is very central 'Globally' and reasonably affordable when you consider the exchange rate.

I am sure we could draw ********s from all corners for the Globe...mid year is a good time for consistent swell/surf...
Perhaps around the same time as the Dungeons Red Bull event...we could sneak in some TV coverage promoting our rcSurfing event...

We would be able to work with the local council/municipality/life saver club to flag off an area of the beach - and even possibly arrange a few business sponsors for prizes..

If any of you reckon it would be a possibility - PM me - so that I can keep a record of those interested...if we raise 10 possible entries.. we will start working on a few plans...we have plenty of awesome B&B's right on the marina where we live .so we can all be together for logistics...
Old 08-20-2013, 06:17 AM
bearcave

Originally Posted by surfcurls

Favorite Pic Of My Daughter and Me:

Nice pic Curls.... just askin but is the girl holding the pic the same one on your shoulders many years later... ?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Yes Bear,

Marisa was about a year old, and now attending college . Time flies ...
Old 08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
YPC

Default Way to Go ! - Bro'

Another !..... 'swell' day !

Wish I could end every day off like this..... on the beach - great 2-5 ft face surf - weather has been stunning for the past two days !.....early Summer ! ......the sound track triggers a few great memories as well !.....all in all ..a real good day !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71VietE6lA This video has definitely moved up and taken the place on my 'FAVOURITE' shelf !

Last edited by YPC; 08-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Jimi Findrix

4:15 - 4:26 Is Rad Dom.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM
RC Resinator

Now that is face to be proud of. Wow that looks good! Nothing creepy about that!
rc surfers made by real surfers
rc resinator
Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Jimi Findrix

OMG Curly you really are the king.
Nice pic.

I hear "Pages" has been weed free and peeling lately.
Might have to dust of the plastic fantastic and give the Dude a run.
Bit old school I know, but still a lot of fun.
It has been a while so I am really looking forward to a session.

JIMI

Name:	_MG_9789.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1910987  

Last edited by Jimi Findrix; 08-20-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 PM
InDaTube

YPC,
Great video...... nice carving.
Question: Your board is so instantly quick and fast. What are the spec's? Motor/battery, length/width, weight etc.
Why is the shape more like a Skate/Wake board vs a surfboard shape? I have never seen boards shaped like yours used by full size surfers.
I'm sure there are many technical reasons for your boards..... please share. Your stuff is very interesting.
InDaTube
Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Thanks Resinator,

I've been wondering if anyone has worked on making Aloha type racks for Rc Surfers
That would be kinda cool. Just need them to be bolted down Vs the original wing Nuts.
I saw a Few wanna be guys get them taken away off their fancy cars because they obviously didn't need them anyway Back in the day.
Here's a pic of some well used Surf Racks for Reference Only.

Actually caught some Epic Surf Deep In Mexico With Those Racks.
Need some racks for an Rc Surfer Quiver.

Look at Pic #3 Wave. That Is Actually A Sand Bar Wave. Aaron Chang
From Surfer Magazine fame shot pix of this same spot. We will never tell where it is
except about 300 miles south of Ensenada. Forget perfect boards, How about some perfect waves !!!

Name:	endless summer 1978.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1910975   Click image for larger version

Name:	mexico 1979.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1910976  

Last edited by Justaddwata; 08-20-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
InDaTube

Curls....
What software are you speaking of?
Love the "Nelson Mandela" surfer dude!!!!!!
InDaTube
Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Hi Jimi,

Only To My Family. But thats a great thing considering how much time, effort and money goes into
having a little fun.

The software truly can capture events needed to perfect boards geared for perfect surf.

Last edited by Justaddwata; 08-20-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.