Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Old 08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
powerpark
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aloha KH,
Hey thanks for the info! People still love rc surfing at the beach. Kids keep asking me where did it get mine. Go Pro video will be a blast.
Take care
Old 08-15-2014, 05:03 PM
powerpark

Hotel California what a great song. Its never gets old. Surfer looks great!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Zaps

Powerpark, what do you using in your Kyosho surfers? (motor, esc, servo, battery)
Old 08-26-2014, 04:06 PM
powerpark

Zaps check out my web site. There is a part list. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze14seqn/
Old 08-26-2014, 04:08 PM
powerpark

Picked up my 3rd Kyosho RC surfer. Found it on Ebay. I just love these dam things.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:14 AM
bearcave

Kyosho surfers pretty cool aye powerpark, hoping to have a go myself one day with a camera, keen to see how you go with gopro style camera

While back i was taping lumps of lead on the deck to see how it affected the board... if you haven't done this already, i'm thinkin the extra camera weight on nose will change the way the board handles big time, maybe good maybe bad, but a tip i heard from KH way back when he was doing it was to add some lead sheet under the battery to re-balance if too heavy up front...

as we know there aint much room under a batt on a Kyosho but just sharin what i heard, all the best with the quest!

Nice to see you still enjoying the ride
Old 08-28-2014, 02:56 AM
powerpark

Hello Bearcave:
I have added some lead weight under the motor maybe less than a 1/2 of ounce. Epoxied it in. The motor I use provides lots of power. So I have to only use half power until the battery dies down. But having that power helps when the waves are crashing around you. I still have to get the camera. Maybe a good black Friday deal will come up. Used camera funds to buy the new used Kyosho surfer. Its going to need some work. But hell that's half the fun!. Curls Im going to need a nose cone and gasket seal. Take care
Old 09-09-2014, 04:03 PM
powerpark

Picked up a Gopro 3 black edition! The thing is amazing. Hoping to hit the water soon and give it a try. The remote control camera control its so cool. I can see some good time ahead!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:32 AM
bearcave

been checkin out Gopro camera's too powerpark, pretty expensive aye...
the black one has the best features for what we want but, look fwd to your good times vision
Old 09-17-2014, 12:36 AM
ronkytonk

Me and the Dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0HZlkHvJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzv8B2ZTvTs&list=UUzsVybpNGQaHKi4-f8TOwCA http://instagram.com/ronkytonk/

Last edited by ronkytonk; 09-17-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:41 AM
bearcave

Yeh ronkytonk nice surfing vids.
Nice to see you still enjoying the rc ride.
Not many vids out there of an electrical dude behind a boat, under lights with the sounds of V8!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:33 PM
YPC

How to build a rc Surfboard - Video series ... Producing a series of Build Episodes to compile an eventual e-book from start to finish .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew-ZTdXGoPE Follow Episodes at : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...l#post11882095

Last edited by YPC; 09-25-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:37 PM
powerpark

YPC Wow what a great video! I never knew how much work it is building a board. I cant wait to see more. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:28 PM
YPC

Originally Posted by powerpark
YPC Wow what a great video! I never knew how much work it is building a board. I cant wait to see more. Thanks!
Howzit Power Park - thanks for the heads up - to see more episodes visit either my Bro rc Surfer RCU page at : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...l#post11882095 - or - join my Face Book Page Bro rc Surfer : https://www.facebook.com/Bro******** - I have just published Episode 12 - so there is plenty for you to enjoy !
Old 10-10-2014, 04:14 AM
YPC

An alternative surfer dude for the 'production boards'

Showing the foot and stance positioning of the Bro rc Surfer's 28" boards Bro surfer dude on a standard factory PRODUCTION board - fits real well between the fix down bolts - you can either epoxy bond it - or - source the double sided bonding tape used by Go-Pro mounts - certainly will give the overall look better scale... a.bigger presence in the water .....and.... you can Shred somewhat bigger and harder !

for more info send a PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4qMi7RbC1g&list=UUGF0z9XOc-eCEjP1qQh-aig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RknZTjMx6KI&list=UUGF0z9XOc-eCEjP1qQh-aig https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFwo_mGMGA&list=UUGF0z9XOc-eCEjP1qQh-aig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.JPG
Views:	652
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	2038785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.JPG
Views:	625
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	2038787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.JPG
Views:	580
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	2038789   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.JPG
Views:	616
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	2038791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0088.JPG
Views:	606
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	2038792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	2038793  
Old 10-13-2014, 10:13 PM
YPC

Bro surfer dude size compared to the original standard production surfer dude ...

Stands 36.5 cm's tall - weighs in at around 200g's - Best suited for a modified production board ....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bro comparison.jpg
Views:	1591
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	2040162  
Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Hello there RC Surfers! I am an avid RC Modeller and I have an old (duh!) Kyosho Surfer Dude in great shape that I need to clear out of my garage now that I am remodeling my workshop. I fly Jet, 3D, helis and don't live near the coast so it has to go. I didn't get to play with it much anyway. So it is old and faded but no cracks or breaks. It is complete and also has some parts I bought from rcsurfrider.com back in 2005 like a cooling coil, props, foam, and an antena for 72 mZh. I was looking to convert to brushless but never did. It has the original brushed can motor with heat sink coil installed and a pretty nice Airtronics steering servo which probably still works fine but would need a JR/Futaba plug. It has a couple of Kyosho props too. Anyway you get the idea! I think I did a pretty good job painting the Dude but it has all faded and yellowed a bit. I can send pics to anyone interested. This surfer should go to someone who knows what it is, is a hobbyist, and lives somewhere they can enjoy it. I can send pics and if anyone wants to make me an offer please note that I will have to pack and ship it and that ain't going to be free! I am not trying to make money on this thing. But to toss it out would be a real shame. Let me know if there is a better place to post this. I am in Livermore, CA. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 PM
jaxflats

Default Kyosho Surfer Custom by Bad Billy (his username on here is RC Surfer). New

For Sale

About 6 years ago Bad Billy made me two of these for me and they are done right. I had purchased two Kyosho Surfers and sent them to Bad Billy for him to build. This was to be the backup exact copy of my one-off Surfer that is more or less loaded to the gills. But as said, Bad Billy did the board and surfer and I acquired the components.

The motor is a Castle Creations (NeuMotors), Brushless and the esc is a water-cooled Castle Creations Hydra. The set up that I’ve used in my other one runs on a 5,000mah 2s lipo. As the pics show, the fins are hand shaped with water pick-ups. The surfer has reinforced feet, all completed by Bad Billy. Comes with a billet motor mount, set of extra side fins and other misc items by Bad Billy. (such as a tool for attaching the feet to the board, etc.).

The stand is not included.

It also includes all of the unopened original parts, etc. that comes with the Kyosho Surfer, but you won’t using any of them. Also includes the original box.

The Dude has a small hairline crack at the shoulder from when it was shipped back to me from Billy. Nobody’s fault, but some pressure from UPS putting some weight on the box it shipped in was the reason. CA should be all it needs. The white on the Dude at the shoulder is simply where paint chipped off, no foam is missing. Board is flawless, pics don’t do it justice.

This is hard to put a price on, but I am going to start with $750 for everything and see where it goes. Definitely not looking to gouge anyone. Just the Surfer and Bad Billy’s work alone was well over that.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have by phone or email or whichever you prefer.

Thanks

Last edited by jaxflats; 02-23-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:19 PM
husafreak

I like yours better than mine...
Old 02-24-2015, 06:03 AM
jaxflats

Well, not sure where BB is these days. And hope he's doing well. He's a good guy. But his building talent and attention to detail is amazing. Each time I sent him a board he'd have it for about a month. All the modifications discussed on this forum needed to have a solid workable board are incorporated. Many of the proven modifications people use were developed by him way back when. My surfer that I use is still going strong and not a drop of water has ever seeped in. It's a badass board.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:22 AM
husafreak

I am still trying to sell mine. I had a couple interested over the holidays but neither went through with it. I listed it on RCSurf World with a bunch of pics.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:18 PM
sector9surf

Default RC Surfer original parts and repair?

Originally Posted by metaldog
Well for a few years now I have been looking for the Kyosho RC surfer and it is next to impossible to find. From time to time I see them on eBay but for way more than I want to spend. I kept hoping that Kyosho would re-release it or maybe some other company would get the designs and manufacture it again. Well I came across this and it looks very similar to Kyosho's version but I don't know whats inside the thing.

Here is the description :

A great gift for ages 8 Years - Adult Rip it up in a pool, lake, or pond! From up to 200 feet, you can control the direction and speed of this R/C surfer. He's unsinkable, self-correcting, self propelled and features special "automatic return" technology.

Surfboard includes a high-power motor with propeller. Radio controller has three channels per frequency. Comes ready to run right out of the box. Set includes two additional propellers, rechargeable batteries and charger, 9V battery and controller. 27 MHz. Measures 25" x 13". Colors may vary.

So as you can see from that description that it has a lot of the same features as the Kyosho surfer. If anyone has one ... what are your thoughts on it? Did or can you upgrade the motor and prop ?

If anyone is curious I'm really considering getting one and cracking it open and test driving it. At least I can return it if I'm not happy.

Here is a link:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...cemldffidfjm.0
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I just picked one up at a garage and would like to use it, but broke loose one of the soldered connections already. Anyone have a broken one for parts being sold or know where I can get more repair info. It's an easy fix, if I can find a pic of where the wire went.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Halfwave

Hi, I have not checked this forum for some time but if you still need some help I am sure that if you contact John at www.surfcurls.com he can help you with loose wire location. I also have a question for you about date on this screen. It shows May 2,2015 and I can not find any more recent posts for 2016? Did this site go down? Halfwave
Old 04-30-2016, 11:56 AM
husafreak

Well, I'm still here! That reminds me, now would be a great time to put my Kyosho Surfer Dude on ebye.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I had to make a run to a Hobbytown USA to pick up some parts. They had one of the Kyosho's there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.