Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 37 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Surfer

Sorry Jimi but i do not have any spare boards to do that deal, also i wouldn't do it anyway. You need to learn how to do it, and you wont if i do it for you. I can talk you through it for 10 hours, send you pictures and video but you need to do it yourself. You are doing so well and advancing faster than most ( you do have awesome surf which helps!) So when you want to pull a board apart let me know ok. There are somanythings you need to do while the board is separated and you can also put lots of lead down there and seal up the rudder area. Its definitely a worthwhile (and a little messy) job which I know you will be able to do and realise how simple it was once you have done it.

I have heard the Kyosho boards are much better built and have been sealed well. So this may only need to be done for the NQD boards.

Hold onto the Lisas for now. I'm actually thinking of buying a pack of 6 (minimum order) from one of the manufacturers of the surfer so i can sell a couple and have a few more spares. When i do i will video tape pulling the board apart for others to see how it is done.

Well I'm off to get drunk at Octoberfest, have fun and no doubt will be adding more to the forum tomorrow.

Seb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brett,

Yeah, only when a cheap one comes available. Will be buying a pack of 6 from China soon, nice to have spares. They are only 20 bucks each but the shipping is 190 so they work out to be around 320aud for 6 ($54 each) I have asked if they can send me boards that have not been assembled and they have said yes which makes sealing them a hell of a lot easier.

Call me tomorrow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seb I know where to get a whole rtr NQD surfer for 60bucks on the goldcoast.Igot 2 off them few weeks back and thats howIended up on here lol
    Goldcoast Rc surfers
    http://goldcoast********s-com.webs.com/
    youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CananziRc/videos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Somehow, I just knew that you would say that Seb.
    I have just stripped and destickered the Lisa.
    There are no screws in the hull like the NQD.
    I have not taken the seal out yet so there could be some under that.
    Here is a pic of the empty hull.
    Sea Ya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44393.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	1517491  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jimi

On the NQD's i have got there are screws for the hull.There are 8 under the hull hatch seal and 4 on the outside of the hull.
    Goldcoast Rc surfers
    youtube channel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, thanks Mate,
    I know about the screws on the NQD's.
    The hull I am working on at the moment is a Kyosho Lisa.
    This is the Japanese board that the NQD is a BAD copy of.
    It is a far better hull than the NQD and does not have anywhere near as much problem with water intrusion.
    It has ZERO screws either on the deck or under the seal and is a little bit different than the boards you are working on.
    It is also extremely hard to find a NIB Kyosho Lisa or RC Surfer these days as they are very rare and so they are very expensive.
    My Kyosho Lisa cost me $330.00Au and the Original Kyosho RC Surfer Kit cost me $500.00Au.
    They don't need to be seperated as they are sealed far better.
    They are made of different plastic and have other differences from NQD's as well.
    They are the Original RC Surfboards and are the best by a country mile.
    I have been sitting on them while I learn the ropes and do my time.
    I now have enough experience at operating in good surf and have a great routine for keeping my boards happening, so I thought it was time I moved up to the next level.
    Kyosho RC Surfers and Lisa's and also Tubey models are the elite level of RC Surfing equipment, as they are far better quality hulls.
    Thanks to the vast amount of research that has been done by people like Seb and MR Curls it has been shown that NQD's can be made to perform at a similar level to the Original models but they are still cheap inferior troublesome copies of a great Australian invention.
    Have a close look at the photos of the Kyosho Lisa you will see it is different than your model.
    Have a look around and see if you can find any Kyosho models on ebay.
    If you find one goin' cheap grab it.
    Mr Curls offered me one the other day quite cheap, he may still have it.
    Sea Ya
    Jimi
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Having said all that, here is more proof that the cheap and leaky NQD hulls can rip.
    Thanks to Bob for all his hard work.
    This Dude is absolutely chargin' @ "Greenough".
    Jimi

Name:	xv63158.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	1517644  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jimi

i cant belive you open your kyosho board i saw one for sale for 1500,00 bucks , but i would do the same thing its all about haven fun and killing waves john
    BUILD IT YOUR SELF ,I DID

owner of maui rc surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John,
    The fact is most people playing around with the - don't even know the "TRUTH".

So here it is:

The - is an "Illegal" and vastly inferior Chinese copy of the "Kyosho Lisa".
    It is a leaky piece of crap.

Jason Hall is the inventor of the RC Surfer which was manufactured by Kyosho.
    Jason still owns the patent and - "ILLEGALLY" make CHEAP NASTY BAD copies of the second Kyosho Surfer model the "LISA"

Now I ask everybody on this forum,

"If you invented something as cool as this and then the Chinese flooded the market with illegal cheap inferior copies of your invention wouldn't you be just a little bit pissed off?"

Remember, Jason does not see any royalties from these scammers.

I don't care if some people say they can make these "Fake ILLEGAL Copies" watertight they are still suss.
    I have spoken with people who have been destroying and rebuilding their ORIGINAL RC SURFER for 15 or even 20 years and the thing still shreds.
    I am on my third - hull at the moment and that is in only 6 months.
    How many hulls has Seb gone through?

I am getting off the - bandwagon and supporting Jason Hall by paying out the money and having the satisfaction of operating a LEGAL Watertight Longlasting REAL RC SURFER.
    The problem is that - hulls are basically the only option for most of us, that is until we build our own hull like you guys at Maui do or until we spend the money and buy a REAL RC SURFER.
    Even if you do build your own hulls, please remember Jason Hall and all that he has been through over the last 20 years and give him a bit of credit for inventing the first RC Surfer.

If you do use an "Illegal" - and don't even know it is an ILLEGAL FAKE COPY then it is not really your fault, but if you do know and you continue to turn a blind eye, then you are really just supporting criminals because you won't part with the money and support the inventor.

Yes, they may be a bit harder to find but they are out there.
    I know because I have 2 of them.

So now that you all know "THE TRUTH" that you are really just supporting a great big ILLEGAL SCAM why don't you do some homework and get REAL.

I have been using - for 6 months because that is what I was sold by a friend, at the time I bought it I did not know the whole story, the longer I play around with these little rockets the stronger my feelings about all this are becoming.

So Seb, as it turns out, I am glad you didn't take me up on my offer because I will be spending my time working on my Kyosho's from now on.
    If the rest of you are happy to continue using FAKE ILLEGAL CHEAP LOOKING RIDERS on top of FAKE ILLEGAL LEAKY RIPOFF HULLS indefinately, then that is up to you.
    I hope you can all sleep well at night.

I still have 3 usable - hulls and I will use them for a little while longer, that is until I have finished my REAL RC SURFER and LISA, then I will throw the - CRAP INTO THE BIN WHERE THEY BELONG.

If you are a guitarist and you like Strats you don't rush out and buy a CHEAP ILLEGAL Chinese copy, you save up and buy a Fender, what is the difference.

I have had enough of the lies, the real truth is "- Sucks" because it is selling you hulls that someone else has the patents for.

JIMI (Gero)

Go Wombarra and Go Maui RC Surfer
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jimi,

It was patented in 1997 in Australia and 1999 in the US. The patent preventsmanufacturersin these countries from building them, it does not prevent China from making them, only exporting them into countries where the product is patented. He is allowed to defend his patent in China and lodge for IP there but he has not done so. Also the patent appears to be adesignpatent, which only has a term life of 8 years in Australia and 14 in the US from the date of lodgement (1997), so do the math.

Also given that the original kyosho surfer failed to sell and was pulled from the market in early 2000, do you think Jason continued to fork out the annual patent renewal costs (which I must add are not cheap and increase each year) when hisinventionfailed to sell. If renewal costs are not paid, the patent expires early. Jason needs to weigh in on this.

If you want to get on your high moral horse, then Surfcurls is breaching the law in the US, so is our friend from Hawaii and the rest of us should sit in the corner and hang our heads in shame.... If we listened to you, the future of RC surfing would be virtually dead.

I know you are new to this hobby and opening an original Kyosho Surfer box has given you some high moral wisdom which you feel is beyond the comprehension of the rest of us, but seriously, some opinions do not need to be shared.

This forum is great for sharing ideas and experiences, not so good for lectures on morality.

Seb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh yeah RC SURFER CREW,
    Now that the light is shining bright so that you can all see a bit better, I know that there are some people on here whom I consider to be good friends and who will, for various reasons, not really be too happy that I have made the comments in my last post.

That is unfortunate, but the "Truth" IS the "Truth" and unless anyone here can correct me on anything I have written in that post, then I stand by ALL OF IT, EVERY LAST WORD.

I am simply informing everyone who uses this blog about the "Veil of Deception" that is covering their eyes and bringing them into the light of the facts of this matter.

AT LEAST NOW, YOU ALL KNOW WHAT YOU ARE INVOLVED IN!!!

A MASSIVE RIP OFF OF THE AUSSIE LEGEND WHO INVENTED ALL THIS.

The light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that "Wombarra" (Jason Hall and company) are in the process of bringing out a new model.
    This may be as far as a year or 2 away, I am not sure, but apparently it is happening.

When it does eventually come on the market I believe and hope that "Surfcurls" will be involved in the distribution of "Real RC Surfers" and the royalty money will be going exactly where it should, to the owner of the patents.

So at that time, I really do hope that everyone here, even you Seb, will do the right thing, spend a little more, and stop supporting the SCAMMERS who are ripping off Jason Hall.

If you can, use Kyosho or Tubey models, you will find one if you really try a little harder, sure they cost more, so what, does money overule your concience.
    Otherwise build your own and throw the Junk in the bin and don't look back.

Then you will be able to operate your RC Surfers with "Pride" and not in "Shame."

If you know all this and really don't care, "Major Bad Kharma" is inevitable.
    So when you are down by the sea playing with your illegal imposter toys watch out for Whitey and all those big teeth.

Sweet dreams.

Wombarra Rules
    Maui RC Surfer Rocks

JIMI
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Seb,
    I read what you said and I am not really trying to criticise any one for using the chinese boards.

But don't you think that Jason deserves a better deal out of all this.

I just feel it is a real shame he is not getting a cut for his part in it.

Thanks for bringin me up to speed a bit, I am seriously considering what you have pointed out.
    Thanks.
    JIMI
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with skowowski. If you don't want to use a product, for whatever reason, well then don't. It is up to you. Please don't talk down to me , or others, if we choose to use these products. I KNOW that I could find a chinese made something of other in everyone of your houses. Do you think they invented that product ? I doubt it. I live in Canada, so the patent is not valid here. That means that the surfer I'm using is not illegal. You said that the Kyosho surfer is superior in many ways. This implies that the illegal ones are somehow different from the Kyosho ones. Those differences are probably enough ( patent wise ) to mark it as a different product. How many types of vacume cleaners, fridges, cars, pens, are out there ? Are they all illegal, because they are not the first ? If you want to drive an electric car, wear hemp cloths, go to church, whatever- that is your business. I won't tell you you are wrong or belittle you.It's you're choice. Using an off-brand surfer is mine. If the only option was to spend 500 dollars on an original surfer, I wouldn't. I would miss out on a lot of fun. If the general attitude of rc surfers is that I'm EVIL for using a Kyosho copy, well, I'm on the wrong thread and will look elsewhere for info. Buy the way, how many of you have bought stuff from Hobbyking ? Did you buy from there because of price or because they hold the patents for all the original ( yeah, right ! ) products they sell? Food for thought

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seb,
    A couple of months ago I did mention to my friend in Cal that I felt that a percentage of all sales from any one building RC Surfers should go to Jason.
    Whether or not he feels the same or acts on that suggestion is up to him.
    So these thoughts did not just start yesterday but perhaps have been bought to the surface.
    I do think that my comments however morally correct or misguided need to be at least considered and as you know so much about this matter, obviously you do too .
    As I said, I am just thinking out loud and am happy to stand corrected if I am wrong.
    I will therefor cease making such comments in the future.
    I guess it is up to Wombarra to deal with the legal issues as they see fit.
    I am not trying to criticise you guys personally.
    I just think that Jason has been ripped off and feel it would be good if we could all have a great time and not burn the guy who started it all.

Sorry guys, for being a kook by getting onto this subject.
    Thanks for your clarification.
    Sea Ya
    Jimi
    Jimi
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jimi No matter what anyone thinks, you DO have a right to have an opinion. No one can take that from you. You also have to do what YOU feel is right. There is nothing wrong with that. It DOSEN'T make you a kook!  ( what is that anywaysome kind of a Koala Bear !!). Maybee some one should start a thread where this kind of thing can be brought up. I just don't think THIS is the correct thread  for that type of discussion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Shredders,
    I was obviously foolish to write what I felt at that moment so I apologise profusely.
    Think I will stick to posting surfing pics from now on.
    Me and my big mouth.
    Woops.
    Everything was goin along great till I tripped out.
    But I did learn something from you guys, so thanks heaps for that.
    Sorry again guys.
    Hope you are all forgiving.

JIMI (Photos only from now on)

Name:	pn36440.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	1518144  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem Jimi .  You are obviously very passionate about rc surfing and that is what keeps the hobby growing. People like you will ensure that there will be rc surfing in the future.  I think the original Kyosho surfer died because nobody cared much about the hobby/sport. That dosen't look like that will happen again !! I think you personally won't let it !!!!Ha Ha!  Cheers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Mate,
    A kook is a derogatory name used by accomplished surfers to describe people with surfboards who cannot surf very well.

What I did learn today is:
    I guess it is not as clear cut as it seems when it comes to what is legal and what is not.
    It seems that NQD boards are not actually illegal products after all.
    It is obviously a moral issue to be considered by the individual as they learn more about the history and evolution of these toys.

Yes I am passionate about RC Surfing but so are you guys.

So I guess "We" will "All" have to keep it alive and growing.

Seb, you are as passionate as I am about it and you have a lot more knowledge and experience with this subject than i do.
    You are "The Master of the NQD" and you defend the right of you an others and me to promote the use of that particular model very well.

I hear ya loud and clear bro, I wish you would relocate to Geraldton, it is lonely being the only RC Surfer here and I could learn so much from you.

I hope I don't get banned from the blog for all this, oh well, if thats what happens then I suppose that will be my bad Kharma for feeling sad for Jason.

JIMI

Name:	xv65569.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	1518163  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can see your surfing next to the port side of Geraldton, you are lucky to be able to find shelter no matter which way the winds blowing.

You should go ontoGoogleEarth and add these pictures to exactly where you are surfing so we can see each place are surfing and what the waves are like. I did this in Palma de Mallorca to a few places I used to surf.

If you do, let me know so i can follow it.

Keeps the pics coming.

Seb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sure you won't get banned, man.  Your adding the spice that helps make this thread interesting. You can't get banned for having an opinion, I hope. The rc surfer crowd on this site seem like good people and I hope they wouldn't let that happen.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jimi, whoever is taking your pictures is doing an excellent job. They are great. Keep them coming!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will let him know you guys appreciate his effort.
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's another one for all you Surfer Dudes.
    This hull has since gone to the NQD graveyard.
    This was my first board, it is the one that came from Cal. and the motor mount eventully got broken into 3 pieces.
    After a lot of abuse of course.
    I learnt a lot by the time I had destroyed this little ripper.
    This stick probably got more waves in 4 months than 99% of all the other NQD Surfers ever sold and Seb owns the other 1%.

JIMI (Gero - Western Australia)

Name:	qo40025.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	1518207  
    My work here is done !

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I Think When You Opened That Kyosho Box, It Took Over Your
    Emotions, And It's all Good. But Without Surfcurls & NQD You
    Wouldn't be nearly as far along in this as you are.

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Surfcurls

Do you have atime frameon when these new surfers will start to go on the market?
    Goldcoast Rc surfers
    youtube channel