Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 311 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Surfer

Hi PAolo

2500 rpm at 21 turns???? or do you mean 25000??? the motors in germany are all in this area....17T= 28000rpm.

isnΒ΄t it too much rpm for a direct connection to the shaft and the prop? about 20000rpm at the prop seems to be very much.

thanks for the tip with stainless steel, i think i will drive the original shaft and when it gets rusty i will change it.

do you know how fast your surfer is on flat water??? when i know this i will get some better information from the german forum by some speedboatdrivers..they asked for weight of the modell, propdiameter and speed i will get, but i donΒ΄t know how much speed i need to get out through the waves and have fun with the surfer...at the moment everybody says that they think 20000-25000rpm are too much[]

greets Micha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Micha,
    your German friends advices are wrong.

I means rpm/volt, I use a brushless Jeti Phasor 15/3, 2500 rpm/volt, 2500rpm x 8,4 volt (7 cells battery) = 21000 rpm and goes well.

Someone use motors with 3500 rpm/volt and goes well already, but you must use a smaller prop like a 27mm (I use a 30mm brass prop with mine).

A very used motor is the Mega 22/20/2, is about 2800 rpm/volt, it's very fast, so a brushed motor with 2800 rpm/volt is perfect.

You must replace the transmission with a Graupner GR321 o with a flex transmission.

My Kyosho weight is 1,7kg, the NQD covered in carbon fibre 2,1kg, both with 4AA receiver battery pack. The NQD board is heavier however. I don't know wich speed they get.

If you can, get bruhless motor!
    www.paolo-carta.com - surfing photos in Italy
    www.surfradiocomandato.4000.it - my RC surfers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry...brushless ist too expensive at the moment.

thx for the explanation with the rpm/V....ok....maybe iΒ΄ll get a graupner motor speed 500 7,2V (2450rpm/V in free running) or speed 500 race e 7,2V(3100rpm/V) ,speed 500sp 8,4V (about 2000rpm/V) or lrp bootmotor clymax fun (2100rpm/V). at the moment the first one is my favourite.

what is the graupner gr321 for??? is ist the connection from motor to shaft??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Graupner GR321 is the transmission (shaft+tube), shaft is 4mm mm and is required a new coupler 4-3,17mm or 4-5mm, depend by the motor's shaft diameter.

For the brushed motor you can use a GM motor like DR.Speed 2x21, Purple Bull 17x2, Purple Tiger 17x1 or 31x1, check on ebay.de.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi
    thx for the picture...iΒ΄ll search for the gr321 little later.

GM motors was one tipp in german forums too, because of good torque in lower rpmΒ΄s. it was the pinnacle brilliant.
    another tip was carson ce-4 for lower budget and i think i will try this one first and when itΒ΄s not good enough, iΒ΄ll buy an GM...itΒ΄s only about 6euro so the risk is quite small.

greets Micha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks great, I also bought the Hong Kong NDQ Surfer Lisa, took her out for a spin this am in 1 foot shorebreak, she went well for about 4 minutes and then died, took her home and found signs of water in the compartment. I had already ordered some of the mod kit stuff from RC surfrider.com (I bought their Brushless kit and ESC, as well as the single fin and cooling kit with fins. Looks like I best get a sealing kit as well.) So now the wait begins as my kit flies across the world to QLD Australia.

After reading this forum I see I should possibly replace the electronics aswell, okay so I am a surfer not a hobbyist and wouldnt know where to start. Would electronics mean the PC board ? or is it that and the servo? And if it is the PC board what should I get?

Any help I can get here would be appreciated, cos right now I have a dead surfer girl lying on my lounge floor, might as well resurrect her as best I can

Thanks
    G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

beofre you get in there a brushless-set you should know, where the water came in....in my case this was it was only a little bit through the rudder an the prop-shaft.

the original electronics in the china-lisa is crap...the remotecontrol only knows on/off and full right/full left....a proportional remote-set is definitely needed. this set inkludes in germany a servo too and iΒ΄will test it first with this one before i buy an new. the included one isnΒ΄t a real servo...
    and then you need a drving controler (is this the esc you talked about??) im not an pro as well and this is my first projekt too, but these are the things i will replace first....when the motor does not fit to the shaft i will replace shaft and prop as second option.

Micha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trimegadon what do you mean for pc board? Receiver or electronic speed controller? In the NQD servo and "speed controller" are in the same block...you had to replace with a 2 CH FM receiver and a good servo like Hitec 225MG or 645MG like mine.

My NQD also stopped at he first session, flat water but strong offshore wind...I return to my home, take bodyboard and had to swim for 12 minutes to catch it...after that experience I decided to changed almost everything.

If water came inside, try to seal the lid with clear tape, I do so with my models.

Here below my NQD after tuning:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys
    thanks for the answers, so i take it I would need to replace the contol board (PC) with an esc and a reciever as well as a servo and a new hand help controller ?

Ta for the specific types that will be a great help to me,
    Paolo, did yours drown(water in the case) or did it just fry and die?

Even stock standard I managed to tear the bag out of a few waves with the Lisa, cant wait to rip waves with her when she is modded

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes trimegadon you must replace the control board with a receiver, servo and ESC.

In my models a bit of water came always inside, I think through the shaft tube, but I fill innside with many piece of sponge and I have no problem.

In the first NQD session the water has wasted the electronics parts, and there was no waves, the model was stopped in the middle of the sea....now i've waterproofed receiver and ESC using waterproofer spray Plastik 70, epoxy glue, silicon and rubber ball for the receiver.

If you are interested there is a genuine Kyosho RC Surfer dude on ebay, item no.260175346459

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi paolo, luckily my surfer died in the shorebreak and washed up on beach close to me , hehe, ta for advice on the Kyosho genuine, however having bought this NQD one ($96 including postage) and the mod kit I will stick with it, seal and waterproof the lil gal till she stops drowning. My next surfer will likely be a hand shaped and glassed foam board.

Right now Im just itching for my mod kit to arrive , so I can really crank this baby up in the surf

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Paolo
    i have another few questions to the shaft you use in your surfer....you gave me the tip with graupner gr321....which connection do you use from shaft to motor??is it also graupner and do you know the article number??
    in german forum some guys said the the angle of the shaft is too much downforcing...did you change this angle or did you fit the new shaft in the old angle...
    do you have a little vid from your surferlisa in action???it would be great to see this...

greetz micha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, between motor and shaft you must use an alu coupler, kupplung in deutch, with mm hole diameter depend of motor size shaft, 5 or 3,17mm. I bought it on www.hydrorcmania.it an rc boat italian shop, let's go in "accessori" then "giunti".

Your german friends talk without knowledge...tell us that RC Surfer shaft angle is very similar to the Eco boats one. However is not downforcing, so my Kyosho suffered a little the chop water, and I have 4AA batteries for the receiver near the nose. In fact some guys add some self adesive lead weight inside in the nose zone, near the receiver for stabilize the board.

Not videos for NQD Lisa yet, I'll put a flex shaft and a a new motor within next summer, this year I've used only the Kyosho dude Kevin. If you are interested I wish sell an Hacker B40 12S+ESC Jeti 40 AMP at half price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Paolo
    at least i found such a couple even in german shops, thanks.....i would try to built in a compact-shaft such as this one where everything is combined, when possible:
    http://www.scaleship.de/shop/article...%26aid%3D67%26
    so the adjustment of motor and shaft is already done and fixed.
    the biggest problem would be the space with the bigger couple and the bigger brushed motor...esc iΒ΄ve already here so thanks for your offer, but i think for first experiences iΒ΄ll try my setup.
    wow its my first rc-projekt and its much more difficult, than i thought it would be do you use a 30mm raceprop, or much larger or smaller??

greetz micha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Micha,
    you can buy this shaft: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Model-Boat-Pro...QQcmdZViewItem

and a compact couple with this shape:

for the motor mount the stock one it's ok.

I use a Prop Shop 30mm x 1.4 brass prop!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi, threadbare posseggo surfmade in slope.it goes plain and the battery from 1800 mha hard little.I would want to replace the motor with another with ciscinetti and regulator of speed' to make to last more' for a long time the battery. thing recommended me thanks...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HEY IHAVE ABOUT 20 OF THE NQ RC SURFER LISA FOR 45.00 EA + SHIPPING EMAIL AT 123COOL321@GMAIL.COM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i recently got my Board Shark but the only problem is that the surfer cant turn!!!
    i charged the batteries properly and it can go forward and backwards no problem.

i took the top off to see if it can turn without having to turn the surfer as well but it could barely turn the fin on its own.

can anyone give me a suggestion on what the problem could be?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i bought the board shark surfer but the surfer doesnt turn - not enough power to even turn the rudder without the surfer figure attached, what can be wrong - very frustrated!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You would probably needto get a higher powered servo motor for the fin, also check the fin assembly and steering rod for jamming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, will check it out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Paolo,

I too have an NQD Lisa that has drowned and sounds like I need to replace the key internal parts. I'm new to this hobby, so not sure what or where to get them. Looks like I need a new receiver and servo at least. Should I also replace the motor, coupling and shaft? If so could you recommend what I should get and where?

Cheers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i managed to fix my rc surfer - sort of - i opened up the servo motor and noticed on of the gears were not connecting properly. i also disconnected the surfer figure so it doesnt lean with the turn. now the fin turns fine but after about 5 minutes of using it the fin starts turning less and less until it doesnt turn at all.

could this be a faulty battery or the servo? the battery was fully charged as well.

mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi vagabondsailor,
    like I wrote before in the NQD surfer you must replace every internal part, except the motor mount, because get rusty soon or however are poor,
    in my website you can see the single parts that I choosed: www.surfradiocomandato.4000.it

Regards

Paolo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Paolo,

It certainly looks a lot better once you have finished with it. I look forward to ours performing too.

Bill

Page 4 of 311 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast