Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 43 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 7757

Thread: RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Surfer

Hi there Lisa Crew,
    I just couldn't resist, I went out in the shed and bent Lisa over and give it to her with a cigarette lighter.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
    It works, kinda.???
    Bur seriously, I think thecut and paste idea might give a tidier result.

Ibet my Kyosho board that a shrivelled up Lisa will work better than that geeky lookin 12 foot tall garbage they send with the NQD.and Kyosho Lisa models.

Here is a picture of the Lisa I just melted.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

JIMI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85114.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	1521783  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Kev,
    Well Done man.
    She looks great.
    Just be sure you seal all her holes up good bro.
    Ha Ha Ha.
    I recommend brushing  a thin coat of epoxy resin over the whole thing.
    This will add strength and help seal and the small amount of extra weight will not be a worry because of the lower stance (CG).
    I do that on my Dudes now  and yes they weigh a tiny bit more but no problems self righting.
    My latest Dude has a ton of CF and 2 coats of epoxy sanded and 2 coats of paint and a top coat of epoxy for gloss, and he works fine.
    I am certain "SHE WILL WORK FAR BETTER NOW" just as long as she does not fill up with water.
    That extra 2 inches makes a lotta difference as you obviously have realised.

She looks PRO now not KOOK.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Give her a self righting test in the tub and post the results.

JIMI

My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you very much, Jimi !
       I did notice a couple of holes when I painted her, so I'll have to seal them up.   I don't think I ever mentioned that I sealed the hull on my board with urethane windshield adhesive/sealent.  Since it is designed for automotive use, I know it will last outdoors in the water.  The only problem is- it will be very difficult to separate the hull in the future.  Urethane is much stronger than silicone. But it is now totally waterproof so I shouldn't need to get it apart.

When my board tipped over in the pond ( hit the dock by accident ! )  it took about 15 minutes to retrieve it with string. The whole time it was on it's side.  When I retrieved it I opened it up, and it was bone dry !!  Hopefully that problem is solved.  Also, my Lisa never seems to get any water in her , ever. I've melted holes that I need to fix though.

I didn't think that extra fiberglass or epoxy was nesessary, but after seeing a couple of videos, I can see the beating these boards take !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

guys

I havetriedthe cut down idea. Im just trying to perfect the cuts to get the right stance. I think it will work very well. I have cut small v shapedcuts out of the joints and one in the torso but only cut 3/4 of the way threw so thateverythingis still in tact and all you do is bend the cuts back into place.

Name:	us54337.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	1521815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ql34452.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	1521816  
    Goldcoast Rc surfers
    http://goldcoast********s-com.webs.com/
    youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CananziRc/videos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kev and Brett.,
    Well I guess it is just try it and see what happens next.
    That is what we all have to do.
    If you are not gonna be pushing your gear as hard as I do then just fix the holes then paint over.
    It should be fine for what you are gonna do with it.
    If you have a tub, fix the holes and go and hold it completely under the water for a few minutes.
    Splash it around, dunk it under heaps of times and then see if she has water inside.
    Then let the board sit on the dead still water and gently roll her over.
    See if you can get her stuck on front or back. I mean really try to get her stuck over.
    If is is not too bad but just a little bit sticky a strong wind may hold her over again.

Then you will have to swim.
    Kev, in case you need to do a rescue in the ocean a good surfing wetsuit and a cheap board with a legrope might make for a bit of extra fun.

I have been surfing my Dudes at dawn all winter and it has been freezing.
    I would get to the beach and put my steamer on and have a windcheater, woolen gloves and a beanie on as well.
    I would be nice and warm, but my fingers were going very numb.
    I always take a surfboard, sometimes I have it next to me on the beach, sometimes I leave it in the car, if it is close by.
    If a Dude gets stuck I usually wade out or swim.
    But if he starts headin' for China.
    I just grab my board and paddle out and get him, sometimes I have to run to the car as quickly as I can and get the board but it is great fun and sometimes it just has to be done. Gets the adrenalin pumping.

I really can't see how anyone could permanently lose an RC Surfer, can't wait to hear Seb's tale, it must be interesting.

It is warming up now over here so I just wear boardies, if he needs help getting in it is refreshing.
    Hope that helps.

JIMI

My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haha i got caught out a classic a few months ago, running in a new esc the surfer just stopped right dead in the middle of the river out going tide.. mid winter no suit and it was heading out to sea nothing i could do but strip to me jocks and swim like hell

Name:	Wu60012.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	1521827  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah Goggz,

Sometimes ya just gotta go out and get 'em.
    Cool story bro.
    I like ya skull Dude, my Dudes are a bit scared of him.
    Ha Ha ha.

Hey, these other guys are onto it, if they keep goin' they will have their "Super Model" problem sorted in no time.
    The one I melted actually looks way cooler now, even with the creased plastic.
    Actually, I am gonna see if I can fill the creases over and paint her.

If all else fails
    They could always try Brendon and ask if he has any of them $50 Original Kyosho Dude Kits left.

Hey speaking of Dudes,
    I saw Ed (RC Surfrider) has a picture of a Chinese Lisa Doll with the breast cut off and a Dude head.
    He is selling them as replacement Dudes.
    I reckon you have probably seen them already.
    Ha Ha Ha
    Sea Ya.

JIMI
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys!  I tried out  modified Lisa in the tub.  SUCCESS !!  She is just like a Cheeriono keeping it down!!  She rights herself from either side right away. She won't stay on her side ( in the tub anyway ). 
         I did get some water leaking inside her body. It appears to be coming in the bottom of the feet, around the cup that holds the rubber o-rings. I have some urethane and epoxy drying around it  as I type !
        Go for it, Cananzi, it seems to be worth the effort.  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That was supposed to be ' like a Cheerio- no keeping her down! "

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You guys are hilarious with your Lisa modifications!! One looks like she has a tummy tuck with elephant feet, the other is a midget....I mean vertically challenged individual ; )

I would cut her and use 4ozfiberglasscloth with a coat of lam resin to stick it on and a filler coat to finish it off. That's whet I use to reattach her legs when they broke off and they haven't broken off since. I actually cut her big toe off so any water that gets in her legs drains out immediately.

Having a tall surfer isn't that bad, it actually helsp with making her lean over when she turns. If you look at maui********'s boards, they don't lean as the figure is so light and the keel is very heavy. If you look at my vid of Might Mo's first surf you will see it leans right over through turns. That's because my dude has some height and weight and I use less lead in the keel, also the rails are rounded a bit. Yeah Lisa can bounce around sometimes, but she does look very real when carving the face.

The missing surfer..... Basically when i said a while back that when an ESC gets wet you can expect to have problems in the future, well i did that day. I used an old ESC and the surf was about head height and winds were strong offshore. I hit the lip of a fairly large set wave in a race to get over it and avoidgetting pounded and when the wave flattened out, i couldn't see her so I ran to the sand dunes to get a better view. All I could see was Lisa bolting north west up the beach and out to sea. I don't know if the rudder broke or the servo arm but i had no rudder and she was on full throttle and my finger wasn't even on the trigger. All i could do was hang my head indisbelief as she became a dot on the horizon. I have had this happen before but i had control of the rudder and i ran her straight up the beach.

A few days earlier a journalist saw me surfing and wanted to do a story. He took pics and they were going to run a story during the next week. After losing it a few days later and they had not printed it yet, i called him and they decided to run the headline "Surfer girl missing". She never showed up, but about every second time someone comes to chat with me at the beach, it's always to ask if I found her. I even did a few radio interviews and she was even on at the end of the news...While I waited for a new board to arrive that's when I decided to make a large scale one like the boys from maui. Maybe if i didn't lose her i would have never built the big one which is fun to use in bigger surf. While i have made 3, i honestly prefer to use my lisa.

I had the best surf ever today and I am fed up with not getting it on film, so my latest project is to build a camerahelmetfor my camera so i can video every session and post the best waves each week. There is definitely a shortage of good surf vids these days. Thank god for the Maui boys!

Ciao for now guys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep edd from rc surfriders sell the brestless lisa's ive modded one filled with expanding foam.. Tryed fibre glass rovings like the other dude i have.. pretty much made a rep of a dude i know, who lives across the street with it.. sad thing it surfs like him too [&:] haha i find the plastic dolls are weak always cracking and blowing their bung when the surfs on! [:'(]

Name:	Fd90738.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	1521859  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G'day Brave Lisa Modifying Crew,
    Yes, I am 100% certain thatit is worth the all effort alright.
    I am filling in the folded areas with some marine grade epoxy putty.
    I got about 90% done and ran out.
    Luckily Bunnings is open on Sunday.
    Just got home and took this photo.
    I will go and finish the putty now.
    Should be able to give it a light sanding and a paint over the next few hours.
    Epoxy coat tonight.
    No rest for the wicked.
    Keep on refining the methods boys.

Wonder if this has been done before???
    You guys are legends!!!

Sea Ya.

JIMI

Name:	Ro41641.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	1521865  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sebski Dude,
    Cool story 'bout the board bro.

As far as your Lisa lovin' ideas, thatis greatif she works well for you.
    You are the only RC Surfer I have ever communicated with that actually likes the Lisa dolls or thinks they can actually surf well,
    Oriiginal Kyosho or NQD.
    So what, that is fine with me bro.

Have you ever tried a Dude?
    Probably not, i'd say.

And yes we are hilarious, and this is a hilarious blog and we are all having a great time being hilarious.
    To me,and many others, the fact that you actually Do Like Lisa dolls is extremely HILARIOUS.

Each to their own bro.

Sea Ya.

JIMI

Name:	Bz76983.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	1521866  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jimi that pose is hilarious she looks like she's about to take a piss... if she ripps like that bro im going to make one too keep us posted!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Onya Goggz.
    My work here is done !

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Whole Trick To An RC Surfer
    Was Jason Hall's Design Of The Basic Hull.

BUT Most Important The Figure, Which Added Self-righting Properties.
    If He Didn't Come up With That Solution, We Would All Be Swimming / Paddling / Waiting
    For Our Bobbing Hulls, To Wash Back in, "Prop Up" .

So As Long As A Figure Can Self Right, It All Works.
    I Have Seen Guys Install Empty Plastic Water Bottles
    Between The Leg Stance To Self Right A Modified Board Shark.

Once The Board Is Launched Past The Shore Break, No one
    Will See What Is Attached To The Deck.

Some Have Preferences On What Others Sea
    before Hitting The Water.

Even Jimi's Ping Pong Doll Rips

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANKS JASON

Sick Invention Bro

My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dudette

Wonder how she will go?

JIMI

Name:	Mk25575.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	1521974  
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jimi

that looks wicked! let us know how it goes!!
    Goldcoast Rc surfers
    http://goldcoast********s-com.webs.com/
    youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CananziRc/videos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good day, gentlemen. I just tried Lisa out in the ocean for the first time. WHATABLAST !!!! When I arrived at my chosen site, it was pretty calm. Perfect for my first ocean test. After one battery, it started to get a bit choppy. By the end of my third and last battery, there was about a three foot swell. She handled perffectly !! No tipping at all !! I was able to get a little air as well !! It was great !! Can't wait to go again !

Did encounter one problem though. I'm using 11.1 volt 2200 mah batteries. Yes, she screams on the water with the brushlessmotor ! The first one I ran through was puffed up and a little warm when I pulled it out. My esc has a cut-off that is set for 3s lipo's. It is a tight fit on the batery tray, and I wondered if I squished it a little to much ! The other two bateeries were fine, but I didn't run them to long. I think I got carried away on the first one because it was so much fun !

So far, no problem with the 2.4 ghz radio. The board, and Lisa herself remained water proof .! I tipped her over near shore, and she self -rights from either side, even with her wet hair ! The modification is deffinetly worth the effort, guys.

I think I'll have to get more batteries !!

Jimi, I think you will be impressed with the performance of your modified Lisa. So what if it is not a real "dude". Half the fun of RC is trying to get something to work ! I always enjoy it when a plane flies for the first time , or a boat floats for the first time. You kind of prove to yourself " See, I can get it to work ! "

Have fun !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Crew,

Hey Kev, I was stoked to hear that your first run in the ocean was a lot of fun and that your rider was a success.

It appears that the self righting properties of your model have indeed been improved by the change in height of the rider.
    This is good news.

The whole day was a lot of fun and I was laughing all the way as things progressed.
    I am quite happy with my Dudette and can't wait to see how well she works.
    I have not tested her for water intrusion yet.
    If she can surf well and self rights properly I will be making more for sure.

How is the cut and paste one going Brett?
    Let us know what happens as you progress.

Yeah, so what if they look like "Midgets with elephant feet taking a piss on top of a surfboard".
    You only have to look at my rubber "Jimi" Dude to see hat I don't care if it is an original Dude, I do care if it self rights perfectly every time without needing to put that much lead in the hull that I need to fit 3 Cell Lipo's just to push it around for 15 minutes.

Dudettes are cool!!!
    What do you reckon Goggz?

Sea Ya.

JIMI

(Geraldton, West Oz)
    My work here is done !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah jimi i reckon she's cool, i can see her getting tucked into a back hand barrel... nice work crew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Forum!
    I'm just back from a spontaneous vacation in Spain - "La Mora" Bay close to Tarragona:
    A real insider tip - perfect waves for RC-surfers!
    I finally had the opportunity to test Blonde Lisa (brushed Mabuchi 540) and Black Lisa (brushless Seaking) "back to back".
    Unfortunately, on the fist day Black Lisa's coupling broke after 10 min :-((
    So the first photo shooting was only with Blonde Lisa. The pilot was my 10-year old son.
    (I will need several posts for all the pics ;-))
    Look what Blonde Lisa can do with her brushed Mabuchi 540!!
    After some days I managed to repair Black Lisa's coupling.
    My son and me had some epic wave rides with both ladies together on one wave!!
    It's a pity no one was there to take some photos!
    Next day the waves where almost gone. So my son did some jumping loops and 360s over small waves with her - see pics in following post(s).
    My personal résumé after this test is:
    - For pure wave riding you don't need a brushless motor.
    - I used the same 4000mAh-LiPos for both Lisas. The runtime of brushed Blonde Lisa is almost 5 minutes LONGER than brushless Black Lisa's!
    - The power of brushless motors can cause damages (coupling). Brushless Black Lisa needs much more maintenance and repairs than brushed Blonde Lisa!
    - For jumping you definitely need a brushless motor - GREAT FUN!
    Take care!
    Rainer

Name:	nl29386.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	1522764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wr53649.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	1522765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hm23814.jpg 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	1522766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qk22306.jpg 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	1522767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xi61223.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	1522768  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	du19659.jpg 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	1522769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ik90987.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	1522770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fe13450.jpg 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	1522771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xv34285.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	1522772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ug43606.jpg 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	1522773  

Name:	ua16412.jpg 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	1522774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ku84816.jpg 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	1522775  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

'More pics of brushed Blonde Lisa:

Name:	ge95090.jpg 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	1522776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ql34626.jpg 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	1522777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	af90573.jpg 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	1522778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ey69795.jpg 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	1522779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rc41145.jpg 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	1522780  

Name:	du20811.jpg 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	1522781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ik92139.jpg 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	1522782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hg20293.jpg 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	1522783  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pics of brushless Black Lisa:

Name:	qo39998.jpg 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	1522784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sn41828.jpg 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	1522785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	di99735.jpg 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	1522786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nh11389.jpg 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	1522787