Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 311 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Surfer

thats the one 007gb, except mine only has 2 grub screws. Was only a couple of quid. got it from a local model shop.
    Bought some thread lock and gonna grind a flat in the shaft i think.
    Will let you know how i get on!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Kyosho dude also suffers a little problem with alignment, a bit of salt water came in through the motor shaft, I had fill the hull with pieces of sponge.
    The better way is change to flex transmission like the Graupner GR 1974
    www.paolo-carta.com - surfing photos in Italy
    www.surfradiocomandato.4000.it - my RC surfers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok i grinded a flat in the shaft and locktite on the screws. Waterproofed the shaft tube best i could - Looks bombproof now but will let you know when i hit the water! Fingers crossed! Surfs flat for at least the next week so the real surfboard will have to make way for the Minisurfer - hope he shreds!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello SURFMIKE4,

I have two Lisa Mods and want to mod a Board Shark I have,
    that I never used. I have some questions about your Board Shark Mod,
    that you might possibly answer for me.

First, what servo did you use and where did you get it.
    (I noticed the difference in servo size.)

Second, what motor coupler did you use and where did you get it.
    (I'm always looking for a good coupler.)

Thanks for any help on these matters, Jocktime

www.maui********.com
    Innovation, Creation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heres some pic of my brushless lisa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca80256.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	974603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp43693.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	974604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84369.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	974605  

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool Set Up Tunda,

What brand and size motor are you running and ESC, Looks like a Jeti ...

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Paolo,

On your web site you have a pic of a motor set up, Hi Tec servo / receiver, and an ESC.

What size and brand ESC are you using with that six cell NI-MH battery set up ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: surfcurls

Hi Paolo,

On your web site you have a pic of a motor set up, Hi Tec servo / receiver, and an ESC.

What size and brand ESC are you using with that six cell NI-MH battery set up ?

Hi, the ESC is a Pulso DLB-60 Opto that I brought on ebay last year...the battery pack is seven cell, GP 3700 or Grepow 3300.
    www.paolo-carta.com - surfing photos in Italy
    www.surfradiocomandato.4000.it - my RC surfers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

surfcurls its a jeti navy 50amp ESC from towerhobbies and a feigao 12s 2858kv motor that i run on 2s 6000mah lipo from maxamps this thing flyies and runs good no problems what so ever..........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wish my Lisa was running with no problems whatsoever!!

Rebuild was complete (Reedy Challenger 19T motor, Mtronik Viper marine ESC, Hitec high power servo & Traxxas receiver) and she was flying around happily in 1-2' surf for a few minutes but then suddenly stopped. As I made my way over I could smell this awful burning / plastic smell!

Unscrewed the lid and as I opened it there was a 'pop' sound and my hand was covered with this stinky black plastic stuff!?! The ESC has completely melted / exploded and covered everything. Even scrubbing with white spirits / meths I can't get the stuff all off the RC Surfer and it really stinks!

I think the servo & receiver are OK but the motor is covered in the stuff inside & out!! Needless to say there isn't much left of the ESC and it melted a hole in the plastic! Now I'm guessing the 25A ESC wasn't up to the task despite the chap in the LHS saying it should be fine with that motor!!

I have now picked up a replacement Lisa on ebay for £25 (and can scavenge parts off the old one) along with a cheap Trinity Chameleon motor (the old one still works but inside is covered in this black gunk so am guessing it won't last too long?).

Now before ordering a replacement what capacity ESC should I be looking at? I can't find info on the amp/current draw of the Trinity motor. Am reluctant to get another Mtroniks Viper even if the 40A version will work so was thinking of a Jeti 600 Navy which costs £15 more.

Any advice gratefully received!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just go brushless go to offshoreelectrics.com and do a search on the fourms on brushless surfer. i aso run a 431 prop also.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi guys

Im new to this but been following this thread trying to get some info for my surfing lisa. I have a stock one at the mo but obviously have big plans for it. Big len and 007gb where are you getting your mods from (im u.k based too). I dont know a great amount about rc electrics but im thinking that im going to get a new battery pack and charger (a 6 cell 7.2v nimh around 3300amh), a chameleon 2 19 turn motor. Now for the stuff im unsure about- an esc (water cooled i assume), what about the stock servo and recever etc? is this ok to use?
    It would be great if one of you could post a list of what exactly i need to get and approximate prices- i see one of you got a new motor for next to nothing?
    Thanks for your help guys!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi welshboy,

I've been getting my stuff from Westbourne Models (just down the road from me), the guys in there are very helpful and certainly know their stuff. Also some bits from Modelsport (who I use for most of my RC stuff and some bits I had just lying around.

On my last visit they recommended a Graupner motor over the Trinity - apparently the buggy/truggy motors can stuggle with the extra water resistance. The Graupner has better torque and designed for marine applications. With that the chap said a 15amp Mtroniks Viper marine esc should do the job. I asked about water cooled and he said not neccessary unless using a ESC right up to its limit - which with the graupner it shouldn't.

(Think part of the reason my last esc 'popped' was because when it was beached I tried to get it going when the next wave washed in, the prop was still stuck and the draw from the motor was too much).

So after ripping out all electrics from the stock Lisa this is what I have used:

3.2mm - 3.2mm Graupner 3346 coupler (£2.99 - Cornwall Model Boats)
    Graupner Speed 600 Eco motor (£12.50 - Westbourne Models)
    Hitec Motor Connectors with wire x 1 pair (£1.47 ref HT57434 from Modelsport)
    Hitec 645 MG BB Servo (£29.99 ref HS645MG from Modelsport, luckily I had a spare lying around)
    Mtroniks Viper 15 Marine esc (£21.99 - Westbourne Models)
    4 x 7.2v 3300-4000 nimh HPI batteries from my old esavage
    Traxxas receiver from my RC spares

This set-up seems to be working well - miles better than the stock set-up! Not as quick as a brushless set-up but far cheaper!

Hope this helps or a least gives you some ideas. Will post some pictures when I get a chance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Welshboy,
    The model shops around my area are rubbish so i just picked bits off ebay and waited for the bargains.

Waterproof ESC Mtronics Viper was £10 ebay (NEW)!.
    Chameleon 2 19Turn motor was £4 off ebay (2nd hand)!
    Radio Gear inc 2 servos, receiver, handset, crystals and batt holder £20 ebay (NEW)!
    3.2mm to 3.2mm coupler £2.50 Local model shop (may need to grind a flat in the shaft)
    7.2V 3700mAh NiMH Vapextech battery £12.50 ebay (NEW)!
    Octura X431 propeller - £1.98 (new) Model Marine Supplies (buy a few)!
    Ansmann AC 30 battery Charger £4 (2nd hand) Slow and fast charge. Can be used in cigarette lighter.
    Plenty of silicon sealer from the £1 shop!

I just jumped in at the deep end so thought ebay was a good call else you can end up spending a small fortune! The stock electronics didnt last very long so i bought a complete cheap set which works fine. Just gather all the info you can find and just go experiment!

Good Luck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

awesome, thats a great help! I understand most of the concept of it all, it just a matter of getting the parts now. One other thing i will need help with is wiring them all up as im not quite sure what goes where! I assume its pretty basic stuff as there is not much to hook up together. What about operating on a different frequency because all my mates have the same frequency so cant use them at the same time which is a huge pain!! Is it just a case of me getting a receiver which changeable crystals? Sorry for being a dumb ass, its been years since i had nitro buggys!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Morty,
    I put some footage of your
    Yellow Mon RC Surfer on
    You Tube. Check it out
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCQWdOJ-HgY&feature=related[/link]
    www.maui********.com
    Innovation, Creation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JOCKTIME
    JUST GOT BACK HERE TO CALIFORNIA , I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME IN COSTA RICA SURFING I AN ONLY PLAY WITH THE RC WHEN HERE AT MY MOM HOUSE SO
    THE COUPLER IS FROM TOWER HOBBIES AGUACRAFT DRIVE SHAFT W COUPLER #LXMNN8 ,, THE SEVOR IS A LOW PROFILE STAND ONE FROM HOBBY PEOPLE BUT ANY LOW PROFILE ONE WILL DO ,, I CUT OUT A HOLE IN THE DECK INSIDE TO FIT THE SERVO , YOU MAY NOT HAVE TO DO THIS CHECK IT OUT FRIST I ALSO ADD WEIGHT INSIDE RIGHT UNDER THE COUPLE THAT HELP THE SELF RIGHT PART ,, AN I SEAL THE SURFER DUDE UP ALSO ,
    HOPE THIS HELP SURFMIKE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Morty,
    Added the next days footage.
    I think it's better.
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/my_videos2?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=&dm=1#[/link]
    Jocktime
    www.maui********.com
    Innovation, Creation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SURFMIKE4,
    Thanks for the Info,I'm always looking for
    better stuff. Check out my video's.
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/my_videos2?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=&dm=1#[/link]
    Jocktime
    www.maui********.com
    Innovation, Creation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all just found my rc surfer the koyso one had it pack for the last 5 years.
    What do i need to get more power out of it and more time.
    Live in cornwall and i think its going to be a flat summer surf wise
    will

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok i have all the bits for an upgrade now, i just need to fit them! Done most of it already but need a few little pointers.
    1) do you fit capacitors on the motor?
    2)I bought my chameleon 2 brand new, how do i go about soldering the brushes on? Is it just a case of soldering them onto the positve and negatives along witht the motor wires from the esc?

Hopefully i can then get this thing going!
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am having a problem putting the GearBox backtogether...it just keeps spinning. Anyone have a picture of the gearbox open so I can see how it originally sits?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Getting a couple boards ready to sell, 1 oridginal Kyosho Dude and 1 oridginal Lisa. Both will have Bad Billy cooling fin system, BB rudder system, Exstended motor mount, Flex drive system w/Octura motor coupler, Deans antenna, sealed on/off switch, and stainless steal screws. All installed, and all referbished like new. "Oridginal Dude Board" has been painted with auto paint, painted dude and has no electrics other than switch. "Lisa" board will come with reinforced deck lid, after market deck seal, sealed rails, two 19 turn motors, RC hydros ESC ,upgraded rudder servo, and stock Lisa Tx and Rx. Has a used "Dude" doll and barely used "Lisa" doll. Ready to surf rather than ready to fix all the time! Interested? E-mail gringobil7@aol.com. Thanks RC Surfer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Video, Jocktime
    Yellow Mon Homemade RC Surfer
    Our first prototype
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cupYw3Og0_g
    www.maui********.com
    Innovation, Creation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a super rare Kelly Slater RC Surfer i may want to get rid of in the near future if anyone is interested,it's brand new in the box,you can check it out at surfcurls.com ,it's selling for a crazy price there,i'll let mine go for half that.go check it out here [link]http://www.surfcurls.com/Collectors_Rc_Surfers.php[/link]

i also have the orig Kyosho rc surfer but that is my weekend warrior and not 4 sale

Page 9 of 311 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast