Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:04 PM
InDaTube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I traded my 1968 VW Bug in on a Datsun 1970 240Z....... I went to remove the Aloha Racks, but they would not come off!!! Wing nuts broke off and still wouldn't come off.
Totally rust/welded on....... Someone got a cool bug w/Aloha Racks.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 PM
RC Resinator

Idatube, Your tube riding skills are unreal! Great job ripping the meat grinder! You and MJ came out with no dings, I wasn't 't so lucky!

Rc surfers made by real surfers
Rc resinator

Last edited by Justaddwata; 08-20-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM
InDaTube

RC Resinator......
Thanks, that was a fun few days with State Park cranking..... Loved sharing the waves with you and MJ.
For those of you who have never had the opportunity to see, let alone surf with these guys......
I can tell you they are unbelievable surfers, translating their real surfing experience onto their RC Surfers and riding the waves as they should be.... controlled, daring, smooth, innovative, realistic...
RC Surfing at the Highest Level....
For pete sake....... RC Resinator's board is 4 feet long!!!!! What a sight ripping the waves up.
Larry

Last edited by InDaTube; 08-20-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
YPC

Default REMARKABLE - Pearl recovery : Bro********

Once again...totally out of context and simply not so...this attention is really starting to 'flatter me'...thanks for all the 'promotion'....much appreciated !...

For the sake of 'correction' to the above statement.......

This video is a classic demonstration of the float'ers ability to recovery from a pearl.

This particular pearl has taken place in a very small- tight - close out section of a shore break wave - totally acceptable to the experienced ******** - YET - due to the float'ers design, especially in the nose rocker - it was able to ride out the pearl and recover...simply REMARKABLE.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjUvviJjavU an un-real ******** for un-real ********'s

Last edited by YPC; 08-21-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 PM
YPC

Originally Posted by InDaTube
YPC,
Great video...... nice carving.
Question: Your board is so instantly quick and fast. What are the spec's? Motor/battery, length/width, weight etc.
Why is the shape more like a Skate/Wake board vs a surfboard shape? I have never seen boards shaped like yours used by full size surfers.
I'm sure there are many technical reasons for your boards..... please share. Your stuff is very interesting.
InDaTube
Howzit Indatube...thank you for the positive rating...much appreciated...I really enjoyed that session..didn't think I would cap Sundays session for me....but...It sure did..!

Simply put - the board is solely designed to perform as a ******** ! That said - as for the shape -modern post 2000 thinking - something I thought would be known and perhaps obvious to 'real surfers' such as yourself and others - it is based on the lines of most very modern full scale surfboards nowadays - using the more parallel rails and wider tails theory - for far more maneuverability and speed..

All the specs and detailed info is set out in my Bro******** Custom Boards thread on RCU - I am sure you would find most any info you are after over there.... its well worth the read !

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...om-boards.html

This is a direct link to a current step by step build
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...l#post11589662

KS's views on the more modern board design direction.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z1Z0OVyKEKI

Last edited by YPC; 08-21-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 PM
YPC

Originally Posted by InDaTube
RC Resinator......
Thanks, that was a fun few days with State Park cranking..... Loved sharing the waves with you and MJ.
For those of you who have never had the opportunity to see, let alone surf with these guys......
I can tell you they are unbelievable surfers, translating their real surfing experience onto their RC Surfers and riding the waves as they should be.... controlled, daring, smooth, innovative, realistic...
RC Surfing at the Highest Level....
For pete sake....... RC Resinator's board is 4 feet long!!!!! What a sight ripping the waves up.
Larry
We would love to have the 'opportunity' to see these guys 'in action'....3 guys rcSurfing...no video footage...whatsup ???
Old 08-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Jimi Findrix

Originally Posted by YPC
Once again...totally out of context and simply not so...this attention is really starting to 'flatter me'...thanks for all the 'promotion'....much appreciated !...

For the sake of 'correction' to the above statement.......

This video is a classic demonstration of the floaters ability to recovery from a pearl.

This particular pearl has taken place in a very small- tight - close out section of a shore break wave - totally acceptable to the experienced ******** - YET - due to its design, especially in the nose rocker - it was able to ride out the pearl and recover...simply REMARKABLE.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjUvviJjavU
Good one Dom,
Thanks for posting that last vid.
Was interesting to see the next few frames.
Funny how the guy with the "software" chose not to show your boards ability to recover.
After all the vids you have posted, is that supposed to prove that your boards don't work properly???
I just don't get it.
Talk about "Creepy Dudes".
I made one once, he had a table tennis ball for a head, with the little rolly pet rock eyes. LOL

By the way, have you seen a SC-V2 in the surf yet? Has anyone else?
SC-V1 was quite a good starter model but I still can't find any examples of SC-V2 in action.
Would love to run JP's software over just 1 vid of the V2 in 4 to 6 foot surf (let alone 135+ vids) and see exactly how well the new Surfcurls models actually perform.

As for REAL RC SURFERS I have absolutely no doubt that watching a 4 foot Maui style board in perfect barrels would be nothing short of mind blowing.

Anyway, here's a pic of my new Kyosho board.
I actually built it last year but I have never had it out surfing yet.

JIMI

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New Kyosho Dude.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1911015  

Last edited by Jimi Findrix; 08-21-2013 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Add Pic
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 AM
YPC

Howzit JIMI..

Clarity is an amazing truth !...often its what we chose to 'sea'....that actually blinds us..

Frankly - if my board was rated as perfect - I reckon I would give it all up and look elsewhere to vest my inquiring mind. The float'er is a great board to rcSurf...but you can be sure that my mind continues to seek out further improvements....Hey don't forget..I've only been at this for just over 18 months...still a newbie rookie....compared to others.... who have been at this for ? ....decades...it seems.....

"Time in the saddle my boy...time in the saddle "...that what my late dad would say ..

Last edited by YPC; 08-21-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 AM
bearcave

Originally Posted by surfcurls
Yes Bear,

Marisa was about a year old, and now attending college . Time flies ...
Nice one Curls you made a beauty.

Imo time seems to fly faster in proportion to age... and best keep Marisa in college, away from them surfer dude's... lol.

All good Curls just sayin... bc
Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 AM
bearcave

Originally Posted by Jimi Findrix

I hear "Pages" has been weed free and peeling lately.
Might have to dust of the plastic fantastic and give the Dude a run.
Bit old school I know, but still a lot of fun.
It has been a while so I am really looking forward to a session.

JIMI
Nothin old school about a dude... most surfers stand that way when surfin.

Liked the unedited version vid YPC, espec the last wave... hull poppin up after nosedive vid works good too.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 AM
InDaTube

YPC,
We don't have the luxury of a great "Staff Videographer" like you do!!! ...... the waves were pumping and we were all in the lineup!!!!
InDaTube
Old 08-21-2013, 06:35 AM
InDaTube

YPC,
That explains it, LOL ........ I stopped "Thinking" in 1999 after noticing that my local surf spots started to look like a "Liquid Skateboard Park" / "Big Air Jet Ski Contest".
InDaTube
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 AM
tunda

Dom nice job showing these guys whats up
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 AM
YPC

Howzit Indatube .

That's a real pity...from what you explained.. it sounded like it was really ' going -off the wall' -something well worth recording. Three guys rcSurfing together is a luxury of its own... Now that you guys are going to be real surfing together more often.and rcSurfing.(The California 'real surfer' ******** Boy,z)...it would be awesome if you could work some video footage between yourselves for us to 'sea'..I am sure Kite could help you guys out with equipment !

We use a very Basic Cannon Power Shot Digital camera - 12 x zoom....Lisa -Marie doesn't get all the waves....enough to capture the session...takes me around 30 minutes to edit a session..I'm a visual learner...grew up with magazines...just love 'sea-ing it happen'

Last edited by YPC; 08-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM
YPC

We were having a real good laugh over dinner. Here are a few pics Lisa-Marie dragged out from a box from yester year..!..back when ZOOM had a different meaning and KODAK was a house hold brand....at least I am featured on a wave rather than on the beach...

I do still surf 'on the occasional good days..so am up to the task........

Our Ford Explorer ( Brought in from Marin County back in 1997) Lisa- Marie ripping on the stand up - Lisa-Maire and I shredding with our inflatable in the surf...all good seasons in our life....

Looking forward to the video's !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1911192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0093.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1911193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1911194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1911195   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1911196   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1911197   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1911198   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0102.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1911199  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1911208  

Last edited by YPC; 08-22-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:03 AM
YPC

Howzit TUNDA ...LOL.....thanks for the support ! ..hope you are enjoying it all..it gives me a chance to 'emphasize' certain aspects of the board...Hope the vids are getting you amped....I'm looking forward to 'sea-ing' a Bro******** ripping the Hawaiian surf...
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM
InDaTube

YPC,
In all fairness to Myself........... I'm Done with your rants, self promotion and back handed remarks.
InDaTube
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM
YPC

Last edited by YPC; 08-22-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:39 AM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

cant we just all get along,

MJ
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
tunda

My mom always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut.......
Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tunda
My mom always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut.......
Not a bad rule to live by.

I feel like I am moderating a day care with the way so many posts seem to squabble, poke, criticize, and antagonize.

Seriously guys - the RC Surfer community, I would have thought, to be one where you all might work together, encourage, teach, learn, share, and continue to develop your niche in the hobby - as men.

I recommend (everyone) giving thought to future posts. View this as a warning to all. If you don't have anything constructive (and relevant) to share - save me the trouble of deleting it.

A summary of this sites rules follows. take a minute to review them - that way there are no surprises!

RCUNIVERSE.COM COMMUNITY POLICIES

RCUniverse.com is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all ages and backgrounds feel relaxed and comfortable. Like any community, RCU has certain standards. When members join our forums, they agree to abide by these rules. To remain a part of the RCU community, members must be considerate of others. Repeated violations of these guidelines set forth below may result in a member being put on moderated status or, if the violations are extreme then access may be temporarily or permanently restricted to our forums.

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
Although discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the thread and related to the forum you are submitting your message.

HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
RCU members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.

BANNING:
RCU reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of these forums. If you violate any of the rules stated in this document or any other service terms documents, a moderator will remove the offending message. It is your responsibility to maintain a current, valid email address in the registration information so that RCU management can contact you in the event of a policy violation. Any member who consistently and purposefully violates our policies will at the administrator's discretion, be denied access to these forums for a period of 1 to 30 days depending on the nature of the violation. Any member who refuses to comply with the policies of these forums will be banned permanently.

MANAGING USER CONTENT:
RCU shall have the right, but not the obligation, to correct any errors or omissions in any content, as it may determine in its sole discretion. RCU further reserves the right to delete or remove any user content from the site and to deny the access of any member to all or part of this site, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability.

PRIVATE MESSAGING:
While the topics may vary all RCU forum etiquette rules apply to private messaging. All rules that are broken via private messaging will be dealt with in the same fashion as if they were posted on the forum itself.

*If you have any further questions send a Private Message to any mods currently online, they will field your questions or direct you to someone who can. Thanks for reading and enjoy RCU!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rcu-...22-2009-a.html
Old 08-21-2013, 04:17 PM
RC Resinator

This has to be the creepiest ......?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:03 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Originally Posted by bearcave
Nice one Curls you made a beauty.

Imo time seems to fly faster in proportion to age... and best keep Marisa in college, away from them surfer dude's... lol.

All good Curls just sayin... bc
Thanks Bear,

It's going to be difficult to keep her away from surfer's. She is attending UCSB
And The School is on A well known Point Break. She Took A Surfing Class
And Showed Those Boyz how it's done. I'll post some Video Once I have it
So she can get into the clubhouse.

Her Pic of us is great, But I told her, I'm Not The King.
I stated My Vote was MJ to Be Crowned.
I don't mind being a Prince at all ...

On Another Note: Surf Racks Open up Adventure: Growing up 5 minutes away from H.B was great.
But We would always Drive 30 minutes or more to Surf better waves at Salt Creek, Lowers or Oceanside.
It Drove My Folks Nuts, They thought waves were waves and never understood
why we would travel such distances when we had a surf spot so close.
I recall Jimi Travelling Miles for the best Rc Surf Conditions And He Has Waves out his front yard.

It Would Be "Interesting" for all of us to Hit The Line Up.
Who would get the most quantity of waves (Maybe with a self propelled long board)
Who Would Hog The Peak with Paddle Battles.
Who Would Sit and Wait for The Set Of The Day.
Who Would Share The Peaks With Watermans Courtesea Communications.

Truth Is:
Surfer's Are A Strange Breed.
We Are Tribal.
We Are Territorial.
We Are Protective.

Localism Will Be around forever:
Just try to even check the surf at Hollywood by the sea
and you will be witness to it. I was, But thats another Story.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:59 PM
RC Resinator

Right on Curls, I grew up in Santa Cruz, Aptos. Moss Landing was my favorite break, if you did not live there you did not surf there, they would burn your car! There is nothing there but surf. I grew up surfing by myself. Hawaii ,with all it's warmth was calling! I lived there for over 15 years! That is where I met my wife, and MJ! Rc surfing is just mind surfing, something to do for fun until the surf comes up. A group of old has been , never was, who play with surfing dolls, in a surf contest.lol lol This keeps getting better and better!
Bearcave,
You nasty boy! The Aussie site post is so creepy!lol,lol!,....rc *********
rc resinator
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Jimi Findrix

Originally Posted by RC HAWAIIAN STYLE
cant we just all get along,

MJ
Wouldn't it be nice?

The NWO has failed because of the Prince of Darkness.

Keep rippin' man, love your work.

JIMI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.