Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 PM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do you get to actually rcsurf ?

Was recently having a discussion with a chap inquiring as to 'how much actual time' do I spend in the surf, when i am enjoying a rcSurfing session.. ? - good question...

Running batteries ranging between 3s/4s 5000-5800 mAh packs - board weighing around 2 kg's- one should realise between 15 - 20 minutes of run time from each pack - depending on the intensity of the surf and ones own riding style - you can stretch the run times out even further by being conservative on the throttle between sets etc....which I clearly am not....cant wait to catch the next wave...

I usually have 4 charged packs with me for each session - ensuring at least a solid hour plus of rcSurfing.

These two video's below were filmed over one session - running the four packs - sparing no amps !

I find that a solid hour session of some good rcSurfing is more than enough time in the surf to quench my addiction...that is only for the next for hours....until I am needing to be back 'rcSurfing' again...

PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L8IARFSRGI
PART 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhMhzNBsYU
Visit my YouTube page for plenty more rcSurfing 'action' http://www.youtube.com/user/formulaish
Old 08-22-2013, 05:23 AM
bearcave

Originally Posted by RC Resinator
Right on Curls, I grew up in Santa Cruz, Aptos. Moss Landing was my favorite break, if you did not live there you did not surf there, they would burn your car!
Bearcave,
You nasty boy! The Aussie site post is so creepy!lol,lol!,....rc *********
rc resinator
Hey Resinator

I lived 5min drive from my beach... my car was so crappy local legends just laughed... didn't stop em with the agro local stuff but hey after the pre-car train rides us young uns from 5k away were now a pack of dogs.... bit of bluff and backup worked wonders for us gettin our fair share of the waves too just sayin...

btw my alloy bracket board racks did 6 cars.... still got em too, faark (crow noise) no idea why they dont fit nothin these days waste not want not i guess.. lol

As far as i know The Aussie site was instigated by Cananzi a while back... Outlaws were recruited but then there was a 'War' with RCU.. eventually it ended.
I joined the fun after i noticed it mentioned while watchin an ******** vid on the youtube... joined as macca.....after it ended i joined RCU.
BarrEls took up the challenge and continued the OZ charge.... heads up from Cana i rejoined as bearcave (aka macca)

Been into rcsurfing since late 80's... got into the old school ******** sites after i got a computer way before RCU 2007 metaldog post..... didn't even know there was an ******** RCU site till Cana's....did see mj's yellow mon on the tube but......

Anyway aussies are multicultural these days helping meld with the English convict breeding since 1780's for better or worse....creepy is creepy and just the beginning.. lol.

Btw... rcsurfing is hobbycraft and surfing while playing with dolls.... whats creepy is i'm glad to be part of it... LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Jimi Findrix

RC Surfing history, it's kinda like Chinese whispers, just creepier.

Most important things to know are:

1. Jason and Brendon managed to get Kyosho to bring the RC Surfer to the world.
2. New technolgy arrived, Brushless motors, Water cooled ESC, LiPo battery packs and 2.4Ghz radio improved power,reliabilty, performance and range.
3. MJ showed the masses how to build their own unique foam and fibreglass RC Surfboards and riders.
4. Dom showed how various scienctific laws and principles can be applied to calculate a number of important aspects of RC Surfer construction and also marketed the first "Flexi - Dude".

So far that's about all that really matters, all the rest is just "Noise" and "Ego" and a whole lotta fun in the sun.

JIMI

Last edited by Jimi Findrix; 08-22-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Add a little extra.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM
YPC

Had another great day in the workshop ....documented fitting the POD and laminating the hatch cover http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-b...1597411process :

Came in for a well deserved cup of Espresso coffee..chilled and watched another of my favorite video's filmed this Winter..Lisa-Marie has really been the magic in documenting these video's..man ! its been a great Winter season....I'm hoping Summer will deliver as many great days !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe7nH2RvhTY
Old 08-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Jimi Findrix

Hey Doggie,

How is that longboard going?
Did you ever get the Dude walking up to the nose?
Would love to see more of that board in action.

JIMI
Old 08-22-2013, 05:28 PM
RC Resinator

Bear cave,
I have not laughed that hard in front of a computer ever, WoW , Who knew creepy could be so funny! Could you post a picture here on RCU? Running around as a surf rat, Priceless !! Grown men playing with surfing dolls, creepy, but fun! Lol lol

Sail doggie,
You are no sheep! Your longboarder at the Bro down, looked unreal! Great job on the surfer,innovation rules! by the way jumping the surfer, my favorite clip of all time! You were the highlight of the event! Trying something new is where it's at! Anything new in the works?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
surfcurls
Banned

I got a FB from Sail D,
He wants a new board. I told him to get on RCU to respond.

Ya Randy, That was some crazy fun at Bro Down # 1 With Dog Jumping the Surfer
And At Bro #2 Showcasing his long board.

Hopefully he will respond Here.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
RC Resinator

Any idea way his post was kicked?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 PM
surfcurls
Banned

who's post ?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Saildoggie

Thanks for the kind words, been way busy with sailing vacations, working, family, moving our college student into new digs at SDSU, DOGS!
Training our Great Dane puppy to be a service dog for Wifey, just nuts!
Actually more R&D is required on the longboard and nose walking and no time to build right now, also bought a Landsailer and RC Landsailer and El Mirage dry lake next weekend.

Meeting with Maui John on Sat on a custom build and also working on a Surfcurls set up, busy and will be back in the water ripping before too long.

This is how we roll on sailing vacations: http://s6.photobucket.com/user/saild...?sort=6&page=1
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Great Pix Dog. You know how to Rock. BVI
I saw a video when you sailed right thru a major Squall, That was Epic !
Thanks for dropping in ...
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 PM
YPC

Default Lost Video Block...

Its a real pity that all the previous uploaded video links ( from the old forum package) up to page 281 have not been able to be reinstated as a CLICK play - video block....hope RCU will figure it out sometime....there are so many cool videos that have been presented over the 'many years'....the video file is still captured in each post - but I doubt folk will copy and paste YouTube to watch each one..we could go back and re-post them in each post.. I reckon it would be best for ourselves to rather make the effort to re-post them over time:......otherwise all that STOKE rcSurfing history may just be lost to the viewer !

This one sets the mood for a mellow weekend !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpZXJUbsazQ

Last edited by YPC; 08-22-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM
YPC

Default Stepping UP the Power

This was a vid filmed when I went from 3s to 4s - sure put somewhat more Punch ! ito the board ...

3650 / 2450 kv motor ( running at 0 degree timing ) - 30 mm prop - board weight 2.2 kg.s....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ljCkG1qcg
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 PM
tunda

Dom the floater board surfs so good cant wait to get mine keep the videos coming Aloha.............Tunda
Old 08-22-2013, 11:28 PM
YPC

Howzit Tunda ...Thanks ...the float'er sure has given me much fun in the surf....I hope the video's are giving you some 'inspiration' for when you receive yours !

Weather/swell is looking good fro another Friday afternoon session - High Tide is at 4:30 pm - so its smack bang on the spot ..

Have a great weekend !...here are a few more great vids to get you Amped ! ( pun intended)....

the floate'er enjoys big and small surf - on- shore - off -shore - Just Surf It !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkmXM2ChlNE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUKzpO-lUY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXxCNZhIqY

Last edited by YPC; 08-22-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:57 AM
bearcave

Originally Posted by Jimi Findrix
RC Surfing history, it's kinda like Chinese whispers, just creepier.

Most important things to know are:

1. Jason and Brendon managed to get Kyosho to bring the RC Surfer to the world.
2. New technolgy arrived, Brushless motors, Water cooled ESC, LiPo battery packs and 2.4Ghz radio improved power,reliabilty, performance and range.
3. MJ showed the masses how to build their own unique foam and fibreglass RC Surfboards and riders.
4. Dom showed how various scienctific laws and principles can be applied to calculate a number of important aspects of RC Surfer construction and also marketed the first "Flexi - Dude".

So far that's about all that really matters, all the rest is just "Noise" and "Ego" and a whole lotta fun in the sun.

JIMI
Porky gives this post a high trotter..... Oink oink
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porker1.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1911813  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Jimi Findrix

I wanna see Porky get pitted.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM
RC Resinator

Jimi,
I like your history lesson . The only change I would make...can "Noise and Ego" be number 5. Lol Pit the porker! Lol

Bear cave,
Nothing creepy about that pig! I think it is the eyes! Lol

Keep an eye on MJ, he is on to something big, if he will share anymore.
rc resinator
Old 08-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Jimi Findrix

How big ???

MJ what's up ?

Has this got something to do with the tests involving taking the grinder to the tail of Kite's boards ?

Some kind of channels ?

Come on man, spill.

JIMI

Last edited by Jimi Findrix; 08-23-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: More fun
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM
RC Resinator

I think Gumby gave him lockjaw!
rc resinator
Old 08-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Jimi Findrix

Originally Posted by RC Resinator
I think Gumby gave him lockjaw!
rc resinator
Oh well, that's up to him I suppose.
Not much we can do about it if he wants to keep it secret.

I know another who keeps everything a secret in the hope of capitalising on it at everyone elses expense.

I don't believe MJ is that way inclined.
I reckon he will share his ideas when he is ready.

JIMI
Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 PM
RC Resinator

MJ is one of kind! If anyone ever gets a chance met him, they would say the same 1st class human. He would give the shirt of his back twice!
I don't want to talk for MJ, but he never stop innovating. Some are relentless with their posts and video, He is relentless about innovation, nothing is every good enough! He has made another jump, let's hope he shares!
rc resinator
Old 08-23-2013, 09:13 PM
YPC

Default Magic Friday Session !

Magic Session !... Surfed Fishoek yesterday. 2- 4 ft face waves - spring high tide - absolutely Magic sun set....what rcSurfing is all about....down the line carving - rodeo's - off the lip's - floaters - 360's...big airs !!! ....ended filming due to low light...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJM7WTP_XXE Sharing the Stoke.....

Last edited by YPC; 08-23-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Jimi Findrix

So what exactly is MJ's big new advancement in RC Surfboard design?
I can't help thinking Kite has given us a clue when he says MJ took a grinder to his boards tails and greatly improved their performance.

OK, I have been trying to imagine what MJ did to the tails of Kite's boards with his grinder.
What could he have done?

I remember Cananzi was working on a V tail idea that had a narrow flat central strip through the tail and the sides were veed out to the rails. (He was also using a bi-fin.)

I think Cana's V - Flat - V tail idea is a good one as it would reduce drag considerably when running straight on flat water and this would help improve runtime.
I think it would also allow the board to lean harder into turns giving a more rail to rail type turn rather than the so called 2D type turns.

Could this be similar to what MJ has been working on?

Dunno, but it sure is fun trying to imagine though.

JIMI

Old 08-24-2013, 01:10 AM
bearcave

oink oink

think mj grinded kites pod more than his tail...?...he's always one step ahead anyway best we wait....... btw liked cana's tail theory too bc stuck a bit of it in his one.... as yet still not happening wish he would stop doin other life type crap and just do important rcsurf stuff.

was wondering what happened to Saildoggies track riding longboarder too.... then i saw what he does sailing... nice hey.

Anyway.... bc reckons if he changes me from a plastic leaky piggy bank to a fatter longer porker i will be the perfect shape for deep pittin and self righting..

Squeal!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porker1.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1912246  

Last edited by Justaddwata; 08-24-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.