Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New Off Topic forum open!! Please read this message!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New Off Topic forum open!! Please read this message!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default New Off Topic forum open!! Please read this message!

As many of you already know there is a new Off Topic Forum opened up for the Boater's on RCU. The purpose of this forum is to give you all a place to kick back and just shoot the breeze about anything you want to, without worrying about it being removed because of it being "Off Topic". RCU realizes that most of you you are friends and want to be able to use a forum like this to chat with each other about things, you don't want to go to the other Off Topic forums on RCU where you would have to "hang out" with members you don't know. So here's your forum. But...... (dang it, isn't there always a "but" in there someplace?? ) While this is an Off Topic forum there are still a few rules that will apply in here, you can post off topic now but the rest of the rules about posting still apply in here. I wanted to drop a quick reminder in hopes of avoiding any confusion down the road. Here are the main ones I would like to remind everybody about, but all the others still apply too

We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.
INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com. Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive or abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or that contains racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. We ask that you please be considerate to other members in the forums when posting your messages. RCU is a place that is friendly to members of all ages and that parents know is safe for kids. We will not allow linking, mention or reference to any website or organization that contains any of the aforementioned objectionable content. Any posts or links made to websites containing such will be removed and a warning given.
HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
RCU members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.

We ask that you please respect these other rules and follow them. We here are RCU hope that you enjoy your new forum.

Thanks for helping make RCU the best Online Community for RC Enthusiasts.

Ken

Last edited by Justaddwata; 08-08-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
kwikwitzKC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how bout get some thicker skin?,...lol
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

You have to understand that there are some that feel that they can say anything to anyone since the one on the receiving end won't be able to do anything about it while they sit behind their keyboard. By putting the above rules in place, it gives the admin types the ability to take "corrective" action as required. There have been people banned due to their posts and attitudes here in the forum and, while I don't know of it happening a lot, it's usually for the good of the rest of the forum members. Having "thick skin", as you mentioned above, doesn't do anything to prevent abusive posts, it just lets those that feel it's their "right" to say anything they want do so and not have to worry about repercussions.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:14 AM
kwikwitzKC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not that guy..& I have run across some who are tho.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I was the boating forums site Moderator at the time that the OT Boat forum was created. Before that they has us up with the 14 year-old crew chiefs in the RC car and truck forum. Most boaters didn't want to go up there. Go ahead and take a look for yourself as to what we'd have to deal with and you'll see why we needed our own.
This stickie could have been unpinned a long time ago as the OT boat forum isn't being used that much but there it is if you want to use it and not deal with the kiddies.
If you want to chat about what song you're listening to at the moment then head that-away.