Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

boat decals

Old 07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
bucsbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat decals

I see all of these boats with great looking racing decals, but I have not been able to find a supplies. Does anyone out there know a supplier of rc boat decals? Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:03 PM
knbaudio

Default RE: boat decals

well what are you looking to get i have a sign shop in florida and do alot of different graphics
Old 07-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This place has r/c boat graphics http://www.racelinedigital.com/store/
Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Get on EBAY .. and search for VINYL DECALS .
Most ot the sellers will do custom work ... just ask them
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 AM
EDWARD WINTON

I personally don't like to use the original decals that come with the boats because than your boat looks just like most everyone else's boat , although you can get any boats decals at the Hobby Shops or on the internet . I go to Hobby People and other shops here in San Diego and pick out decal sheets for Cars or sometimes Planes that I like and think I can use on one of my boats . Then I will look up the decal manufacture on the internet to see their complete sellection in case they might have some other decals I could use . This way my boats don't look like anyone elses.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Grumpy Monkey
My Feedback: (7)

Let me know what you are looking for. I cut the flame decals for Kapn Carls SV 27 and can hook you up.

Warren
Old 09-22-2007, 01:45 AM
EDWARD WINTON

Thanks , Warren , thats a very cool offer . I've just finished my Twin Storm and my SuperVee and I'm fairly pleased with how they turned out . My next project is the Easy Vee , which is a 46 inch offshore style deep vee hull gas boat . I was thinking along the lines of some mean looking Dragons and Tigers for this boat . If you find these in any size I would like to get them. Thank you , Edward Winton
Old 09-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Try a local sign shop. Most have programs for just about anything that you'd want and can be cut to any size that you need. My sister has a business that uses laser cutters and she has all kinds of logos and other things in her programs. I was surprised to find logos for Futaba, Airtronics, Hi-Tec and others in her catalogs plus all kinds of graphics.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Grumpy Monkey
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Try a local sign shop. Most have programs for just about anything that you'd want and can be cut to any size that you need. My sister has a business that uses laser cutters and she has all kinds of logos and other things in her programs. I was surprised to find logos for Futaba, Airtronics, Hi-Tec and others in her catalogs plus all kinds of graphics.

I guess I should elaborate more. I am a small sign shop and offer custom designs and decals for auto/windows/signs, etc. I have the graphic programs and cuting software to make your design happen. As an example, The flames for Capn Karls SV27 boat were sent to me as a pencil drawing. I scanned the image, converted it to a usable format, cleaned up the drawing and cut the vinyl. Boxed it up and sent it out Priority mail. So, If this is something you are looking for, shoot me a PM and I will do what I can to get you what you need. I do have a bunch of Dragon designs and will search my archives to see what Tigers I have.

Thanks,
Warren